Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old August 6 2012, 10:12 PM   #31
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Re: Phase II "Going Boldly" (new vignette)

Mike 1732 wrote: View Post
Great job all around here!!!
As for the issue about simply plugging the pylons into the secondary hull.....
I have no problem with that. That's how you attach the nacelles on the kit models. Prototype imitating art imitating prototype, you might say. It's been a while since I had one of those, but I remember that one nacelle on my model would sag a bit. Couldn't fix it then, but it'd be a snap now.
I'm looking forward to seeing more from you folks.
And I'm in no way a structural expert (and don't play one on TV ), but it would seem there should be a deeper connection in there.

I can't remember which of our wonderful 3D artists did it, but one of them had the internal aspects modeled and the pylons basically ran into each other in a "V" connection.

Still, like I said, a very minor thing.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2012, 10:16 PM   #32
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

That was good. I like Gross a lot...and Arex certainly is impressive. No one has really tried this in a fan film before, have they - the CG character, I mean.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2012, 10:54 PM   #33
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

I loved it and I can't wait to see more.

You guys continually raise the bar with your production values.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 12:20 AM   #34
CaptainSerek
Commander

View CaptainSerek's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to CaptainSerek Send a message via AIM to CaptainSerek Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CaptainSerek Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainSerek

I am looking forward to downloading and watching it, review later, of course.
Old August 7 2012, 01:05 AM   #35
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

USS Excelsior wrote: View Post
So what were the events that lead up to this that caused deaths and damage to the ship? And it did it occur in one of the not yet released episodes..
Five people are mentioned by name; two of them are actual Star Trek Phase II production crew members (who we miss terribly). The memorial service scenes in this vignette are more for our cast and crew than they are for our audience; most of the tears are real.

Our two absent friends are:

* Anthony DiGregorio
* John Olson

(Their names also appear on a "In Memory Of" title card at the very beginning of "The Child.")

The other three are fictional characters:

* Lieutenant Commander Arell Dickerson (died in the opening teaser of "Enemy: Starfleet!")
* Lieutenant Mikhail Hodel (eaten by Regulan blood worms in "Blood and Fire")
*Lieutenant Alexander Freeman (took his own life at the end of "Blood and Fire" when death by the blood worms was imminent).

No exposition is provided in any episodes as to why a refit before the refit was provided. The only relevant dialogue is in this vignette:

"This experimental engine design, if successful, is slated to be used in all future refits--Enterprise's included. Command wants them tested close to home."
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 01:08 AM   #36
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
jamesmc wrote: View Post
Well said Mr. Greg!
I come to serve.
Your service honors us!

Liked the exterior fx work and the writing. Arex was good considering the budget limitations you must have as well.

Don't like the new Kirk. His voice isn't "Kirk-ish" tonally or in delivery.

I'm going to miss Cawley in the role.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 01:10 AM   #37
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

No exposition is provided in any episodes as to why a refit before the refit was provided. The only relevant dialogue is in this vignette:

"This experimental engine design, if successful, is slated to be used in all future refits--Enterprise's included. Command wants them tested close to home."
Wasn't all the damage Big E took in B&F originally supposed to provide the rationale for the Phase II refit?
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 01:19 AM   #38
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post

Wasn't all the damage Big E took in B&F originally supposed to provide the rationale for the Phase II refit?
Yes--the damage in "Blood and Fire" would have set up the re-fit in the next episode. (We changed our mind, and then changed it again, of course.)

Additionally, these who vignette was designed to be an epilogue to "Blood and Fire." The memorial service was for Lt. Alex Freeman specifically with the casket's flag being given to Ensign Peter Kirk. In the end, Dave Galanter tweaked the script so that it was a generic memorial service recognizing a number of missing people.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 01:33 AM   #39
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

Man, you guys just keep raising the bar! Brian Gross is going to be terrific. I agree the voice takes a bit of getting used to, but he's got the chops to be The Captain. Arex? What a hoot! Also kudos to John Kelly and Charles Root who continue to improve with every episode. Exciting stuff to be sure!
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 01:40 AM   #40
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I'm a big fan of not explaining stuff like that. Filling in the unsaid, interstitial stuff is too often done in fan efforts to the neglect of more essential aspects of stories.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 01:42 AM   #41
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Indeed. Anyone who paid attention during Blood and Fire would remember Hodell and Freeman's names; the others were nice touches as well. I didn't need Greg's addtional expounding here included in the vignette itself, but including those names adds a sense of realism and continuity to the series that might otherwise just be overthought if presented otherwise.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 02:02 AM   #42
jamesmc
Lieutenant Commander

Thank You gents!
jamesmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 02:27 AM   #43
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Yay! You did the asteroid space dock! It was perfect!
Old August 7 2012, 02:33 AM   #44
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Psion wrote: View Post
Yay! You did the asteroid space dock! It was perfect!
Indeed. That, and the Archer mention were two nice shout-outs to Enterprise (the series). ROCK ON!
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2012, 03:27 AM   #45
DaveGalanter
Writer/Ape

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post

I'm not sure about the pylons simply "plugging into" the secondary hull like that, but a minor nitpick.
That is how they go in, but that does not mean they were then connected to the internal systems and working. You just got a snapshot of some of the refit construction.
DaveGalanter is offline   Reply With Quote