Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old July 17 2012, 08:52 PM   #211
Admiral Bear
Captain

Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
There's no less news on it than there normally isn't for any of their events, I really wouldn't expect the worst at this stage. There's just a lot more newbies who expect news.
Newbies who don't realise that you never get any information out of Shamasters. Usually, no information and the ignoring of requests for it, means the event doesn't happen. At the very least, Joiner will likely be hiding an awful lot that he doesn't want people to know.

He's promised starship bridge sets for photo ops, other sets, props, costumes. At the very least I'd expect him and Media 10 to know, with 3 months until the event, which bridge set they're going to get shipped over and put together by professionals. If they know, they're certainly willing to tell. Now I wonder why that might be!
Old July 19 2012, 02:14 PM   #212
Admiral Bear
Captain

People are now openly starting to bitch on the Shamasters forum about the lack of information and progress with DSTL.

They are of course being trodden on by the widely hated Bedwell, and some Shamasters lackey called Dwarfbabe who seems to think she's a moderator and takes every opportunity to brown nose Shamasters while tramping on other posters who dare to complain.

I'll give you a hint, love. You ain't a moderator. Now, jog on.
Old July 20 2012, 11:46 PM   #213
Admiral Bear
Captain

Someone moron, who to give them credit is rightly complaining about the lack of value in the gold and platinum tickets, seems to think the exorbitant ticket prices are all to do with Paramount and nothing to do with Shamasters!

Jesus wept.
Old July 21 2012, 11:08 AM   #214
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
the widely hated Bedwell.
News to me.

He doesn't seem to be getting any better answers about certain questions than some posters, but he seems decent enough to me.

and some Shamasters lackey called Dwarfbabe who seems to think she's a moderator
She's involved with the volunteer side of things at events
Old July 21 2012, 03:30 PM   #215
Admiral Bear
Captain

the widely hated Bedwell.
News to me.

He doesn't seem to be getting any better answers about certain questions than some posters, but he seems decent enough to me.
I was once told that in the early days of the forum, Bedwell deliberately wound up a few people to the point where he was threatened with violence. I think these people were also quite big spenders at SM events. A few years ago, Joiner even took his mod privileges away. If people liked him, he wouldn't have the nickname Snout Face. You should read his twitter feed. The hypocrisy and stupidity of what he writes is incredible.

As for answering people's questions, he gives everyone the answers he's told to give. He and the other mods on there have a crib sheet that they just cut and paste responses from. It's not that he hasn't been told the answers to people's questions. You'll notice that Joiner never answers anyone's questions unless he wants to. Ask a "difficult" question and you won't get a response other than Bedwell or other mod with their automated crib sheet.
Old July 25 2012, 10:49 AM   #216
Admiral Bear
Captain

Poster on the Shamasters forum says they've been told by the organisers that only gold, silver and platinum ticket holders will be allowed in to the 5 Captains talk, this despite us all being told the talk would be open to everyone as a paid for event.

It's all kicking off, boys and girls. Scam alert! Raise shields and go to battle stations.
Old July 26 2012, 04:00 PM   #217
tubular_trekkie
Ensign

Poster on the Shamasters forum says they've been told by the organisers that only gold, silver and platinum ticket holders will be allowed in to the 5 Captains talk, this despite us all being told the talk would be open to everyone as a paid for event.

It's all kicking off, boys and girls. Scam alert! Raise shields and go to battle stations.
Not entirely surprised at what I'm reading about this over there. It could all be a misunderstanding I suppose, but even if it is, it's quite a serious screw-up.
I fail to see how anyone can buy a ticket now - of any description - and feel happy and confident that they're: (a) going to get everything that was initially promised and (b) get reasonable value-for-money without being corralled into spending more money on stuff that turns out not to be included after all...
It might not be an outright scam, but it does seem to me that Showmasters are quite happy to use 'bait and switch' tactics to get people to go there in the first place. I'm glad I'm not going.
Old July 26 2012, 06:53 PM   #218
Admiral Bear
Captain

You'll see that Joiner deliberately posted one of his cut and paste crib sheet responses in a different thread to the one where all the action was so that he could evade having to sort out the huge can of bullshit which has been opened up by Media 10.

My suspicion would be that Media 10 have let slip something Joiner doesn't want anyone to know, and now he's slithered under his rock like the snake that he is, not that he's come out from under that rock since all the LFCC fuck ups.

If he'd sold a load of silver/gold tickets, he wouldn't be so clearly gagging for money that he's now apparently banned anyone on general admittance from attending the 5 Captains talk.

He's again come out with the abject rubbish that he's sold loads of tickets and that the event will be a sell out. Hardly anyone even posts on the DSTL forum anymore FFS, and no more than about 800 people have turned up to a UK Trek con in decades.

Come on, Joiner! Show us all what a big man you are.
Old July 27 2012, 02:46 PM   #219
Admiral Bear
Captain

Still no response from Shamasters on their forum, and tweets to Media 10 don't seem to be arriving. No directly sent tweets from anyone other than Media 10 have gone up on the DSTL twitter feed for weeks, while the official FB page has got more dust on it than my mantlepiece.

I can't see any way this event will go ahead. People should prepare themselves for the mother of all excuses.

The post below has been cut and pasted from the Shamasters forum before it "disappears". Clearly written by someone who's first language isn't English (no, not Joiner), so apologies for some of the not quite so good wording.

It has always said and still says upgrades will be available once you purchase the basic tickets. However the ticket line has no info on if that is true or not and clearly others have found it is not true. They also said there are no refunds if you purchase a basic ticket and then find you cannot upgrade to the Opening Ceremony. That is criminal and has me thinking to just call it all off and not buy anything or go at all. I have no interest in the "package goodies" and just want to get in and see the talks....no autographs or photos and frankly the way Showmasters is being with information I don't trust that you would even get what the packages claim. Shame on your Showmasters for misleading people with vague language.

And double dumb ass on Joiner too.

And roger me with a large cucumber, it's just been "disappeared"!

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1589/scamasters.jpg

Last edited by Admiral Bear; July 27 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old July 27 2012, 07:36 PM   #220
Admiral Bear
Captain

You are fading from my scanners, Star Trek London. . .but the end cannot be far away.*maniacal laugh*
Old July 28 2012, 11:21 AM   #221
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

I can't see any way this event will go ahead. People should prepare themselves for the mother of all excuses.

I think that's just wishful thinking on your part. I can't see any way the event won't go ahead. (Excluding natural/unnatural disaster)

If it's going to make them money, even if it short changes people, what possible reason would they have to cancel it?

He's again come out with the abject rubbish that he's sold loads of tickets and that the event will be a sell out. Hardly anyone even posts on the DSTL forum anymore FFS, and no more than about 800 people have turned up to a UK Trek con in decades.
I've certainly known more respectable organisers say numbers are limited to encourage those who've not booked yet to make up their minds quickly, and the claim of rare or first time guests could be read as don't expect any more main cast, but I really can't see numbers being that low.

I'm more concerned about their Doctor Who event, but if/when that's cancelled don't proclaim its a domino effect that will effect everything else.

Last edited by Rarewolf; July 28 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old July 28 2012, 11:28 AM   #222
Admiral Bear
Captain

If it's going to make them money
That's just it. I see very little enthusiasm for this event. I've seen nothing to suggest the tickets are selling in any great number. Most of the small number of posts on the DSTL forum over the last week have been complaints, with both Shamasters and Media 10 saying nothing to address concerns. You'll have noticed that overnight, Joiner's had another mental breakdown on the DSTL forum.

Having read the comments over on Gallifrey Base about Lords of Time, along with those about Joiner's general competence and attitude towards customer service, you're right to have reservations about the event happening.

Last edited by Admiral Bear; July 28 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old July 29 2012, 04:16 PM   #223
Q_Incarnate
Cadet

That's just it. I see very little enthusiasm for this event. I've seen nothing to suggest the tickets are selling in any great number.

Well thats because you arent part of the un-official group which currently has 400 members and is growing at a rate of about 120 per month. We have chosen to keep the group small instead of advertising it because we are all getting to know each other well and want ot actually meet up at DSTL. In that group there have been points raised (some of which you have covered) but there is also a huge buzz about the show which an awful lot of people are attending. Not forgetting the partners of those members who dont need to join the group as well as other family members I'd be surprised if the group as whole hasnt brought at least 800 - 1000 tickets between us.

In the group we have set up a flow of information through a few of us rather than the whole group bombarding SM with questions which is much more effective. we've also arranged:

1: A travel information page
2: A ticket breakdown spreadsheet with costings so people can track what they spend.
3: A costume group where people can get info on where to buy, make and get resources for making costumes.
4: A hotel page to detail who is staying where so you can get to know people in your hotel.... believe me, we have taken nearly every room in all the docklands hotels
5: We have designed, manafactured and sold our very own unique DSTL pin badge so we can recognise other group members from the other guests at the show.

So just because YOU havent seen many people talk about DSTl doesnt mean it isnt a popular subject. Have you ever thought its because people dont wnat your negativity about? This will be my first Con and yes I have had concerns, but picking at every little thing just makes you look like a whiner instead of someone who wants to enjoy the show. Its no wonder people dont give you time when you are willing so badly for it to fail.
Old August 1 2012, 01:06 PM   #224
Admiral Bear
Captain

Joiner's rampant paranoia and deceit is quite frightening. Posts now getting deleted from the Lords of Time thread at Shamasters Central, with the mods now making tacit admissions that Shamasters hadn't been working on the event for 6 months as the company had originally said.

The guys are working hard on this event. They've put out a number of offers and are Chasing them. As soon as they have guests they will be Announcing them. At present they just do not have a lot to announce.

I understand people are getting Concerned as far as I'm aware but the show is 100% going ahead. I have been organising the crew for it, fingers crossed we'll hear more in the next week or so.

Now doesn't that just fill you with confidence.
Old August 1 2012, 01:38 PM   #225
Alienesse
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Alienesse

Q_Incarnate wrote: View Post

Well thats because you arent part of the un-official group which currently has 400 members and is growing at a rate of about 120 per month.
Where is this group exactly? I'd like to join.
Closed Thread