Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 23 2012, 07:39 AM   #841
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: Star Ship Polaris

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
Saw this today, it's concept art from the movie Minority Reports. The artist is James Clyne and you can see his other stuff here: http://www.jamesclyne.com/
Kinda reminds me of the escape capsule from a B-58.

With a healthy heaping of nautilus shell.
Old July 23 2012, 07:29 AM   #842
Vektor
Rear Admiral

I've had some rather inconvenient health problems going on for the last couple of months and progress on Polaris has been slow, but I have managed to just about finish the inner surface of the "sails." I should probably post some wireframes to show just how much work went into this, but I think I've gone about as far as I'm going to for one weekend.

Ignore the cylinders protruding through the outer hull, I just haven't finished modeling those and trimming off the excess.

With any luck, I'll be posting some more of these within the next couple of days that finally blocks in the mechanical structures for supporting and articulating the sails.

Stay tuned.
Old July 23 2012, 10:19 AM   #843
reanimatedfish
Lieutenant Commander

View reanimatedfish's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to reanimatedfish

Forget the Polaris, nice as it may be, are you okay?
Old July 23 2012, 03:48 PM   #844
Vektor
Rear Admiral

I'm surviving. Been having a weird set of problems off and on for over ten years that the doctors have never managed to diagnose. Could be panic attacks. Could be metabolic syndrome. Could be some weird side effect of acid reflux. They still don't know. All I know is that every now and then I start getting these "attacks" where my blood pressure and heart rate spike to life threatening levels for no apparent reason and knock me on my butt for days at a time. The most recent episode was last Friday in the middle of The Dark Knight Rises. LOL

Anyway, I've been feeling pretty good since then and managed to do quite a bit of work on Polaris over the weekend, a considerable amount of which is not shown in these latest WIPs but hopefully will be in the next day or two.

Thanks for your concern.
Old July 23 2012, 04:32 PM   #845
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Vektor, I know exactly how you feel ... I have a similar issue with tachycardia and anxiety. I've been resisting a full-on investigation because I don't quite trust modern medicine yet -- while doctors are great at mending injuries, their ability to tackle disease often seems hit-or-miss.

I don't want to speak for everyone here, but I bet they all share my hope that you continue "feeling pretty good" and keep finding the time to bang out amazing images to share with us.
Old July 23 2012, 04:55 PM   #846
largo
Fleet Captain

dude, i've been there. feel better.
Old July 23 2012, 05:13 PM   #847
sojourner
Admiral

Is it stress related? Maybe your body is trying to turn you into the hulk and you just don't have enough gamma radiation.
Old July 24 2012, 04:47 PM   #848
reanimatedfish
Lieutenant Commander

View reanimatedfish's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to reanimatedfish

Well, it's good to hear that you're doing okay. I and my wife are a walking textbook of medical issues, so I get kind of nervous when my friends and acquaintances talk about this sort of thing.

sojourner wrote: View Post
Is it stress related? Maybe your body is trying to turn you into the hulk and you just don't have enough gamma radiation.
Not a bad idea. Well, I have an extra large microwave, we could always microwave him for a little while and see if he turns green.
Old July 24 2012, 08:01 PM   #849
Santaman
Rear Admiral

I have a damaged brain and central nerve center issues so I know all about panic attacks, you might want to ask your doc to take a look at the central nerve center and/or the connection between the two brain halves.

If they're "just" panic attacks then it might indeed be that you're vulnareble to stress, in any case I hope you'll be fine

I agree with whats said before, Polaris nice healthy Vektor MUCH more important
Old July 27 2012, 05:49 AM   #850
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Thanks for all the well wishes, gang. I personally am leaning toward the theory that I have a vagus nerve problem, possibly triggered by acid reflux. If you don't know what the vagus nerve is and are just dying to know, I suggest you Google it. It's amazing how many functions in your body are connected to that nerve and what it can do to you if it's out of sorts.

I have an appointment with a cardiologist next week to hopefully rule out any problems with my heart itself. In the mean time, I'm just trying to hang in there and make some progress on these various projects when I can. I will definitely have some more progress to show before the end of this weekend.
Old July 30 2012, 09:09 PM   #851
Vektor
Rear Admiral

I did get some additional work done on Polaris this weekend, I just haven't had a chance to post it. I'll try to get it online by some time tonight.
Old July 30 2012, 09:16 PM   #852
Santaman
Rear Admiral

We'll be here waiting for it.
Old July 31 2012, 03:09 AM   #853
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Vektor wrote: View Post
I did get some additional work done on Polaris this weekend, I just haven't had a chance to post it. I'll try to get it online by some time tonight.
F5

F5

F5

F5

F5

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 ...

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5 F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5 F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

I don't think this button is working right.

F5
Old July 31 2012, 03:58 AM   #854
Vektor
Rear Admiral

*Sigh.* My sister is in town from Germany and we're out to dinner before she heads home tomorrow. Probably won't be getting anything online tonight, I'm afraid. I'll shoot for tomorrow night.
Old July 31 2012, 05:32 AM   #855
Sumghai
Lieutenant

A fairly interesting design I must say. It's not everyday you see a vertical saucer design.

I like how you've placed the bridge in the middle decks rather than at the more vulnerable top.

Keep up the good work.