Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 28 2012, 02:39 PM   #1201
milan
Cadet

Re: Welcome new Voyager fans!

Hello, I am a Voyager fan mostly, but I love all Star Trek. I hope I can have good Trek discussions in here.
milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29 2012, 01:35 AM   #1202
Qutluch
Commander

milan wrote: View Post
Hello, I am a Voyager fan mostly, but I love all Star Trek. I hope I can have good Trek discussions in here.
There are some great threads in here. Enjoy and welcome!!
Old June 29 2012, 05:59 AM   #1203
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

WELCOME EVERYONE.

I was unable to welcome everyone before because I saw someone mentioned NuBSG and I was going to great lengths to remain spoiler free so I couldn't even finish their post or read any of the follow ups. LOL. You'll be happy to know I have now finished NuBSG and nary a spoiler passed before me.

So welcome VOY lovers! VOY is wonderful, this forum is wonderful, many of the threads are wonderful!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2012, 07:25 PM   #1204
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

View Alpha Flyer's Twitter Profile

New here as well. I came out of a closet as a Voyager geek about 15 months ago with the posting of my first fanfic, a post-Endgame piece in which I tried to right some of the wrongs of TPTB, including the ones responsible for the books. That kind of uncorked a desire to start chatting with other fans, so here I am ...

You are welcome to check out my fanfic at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2537553/Alpha_Flyer
Alpha Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2012, 08:32 PM   #1205
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

Alpha Flyer wrote: View Post
New here as well. I came out of a closet as a Voyager geek about 15 months ago with the posting of my first fanfic, a post-Endgame piece in which I tried to right some of the wrongs of TPTB, including the ones responsible for the books. That kind of uncorked a desire to start chatting with other fans, so here I am ...
Welcome, AF! It's good to see another fanfic writer here
Old July 4 2012, 12:24 AM   #1206
teacake
Admiral

Oh Welcome AF!! Start any threads you like too!! We love new people

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 17 2012, 10:06 PM   #1207
EnabranTain
Cadet

*enters room* Good day to all. I wanted to properly introduce myself. I am Enabran Tain. *exits room*
Old July 20 2012, 10:01 AM   #1208
teacake
Admiral

We will try not to hold to that against you. Or against our selves.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 25 2012, 09:36 PM   #1209
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

BennyRussel on the DS9 board, EnabranTain here... I believe fictional characters are attempting a cross-dimensional takeover.
Old July 26 2012, 04:13 AM   #1210
purplebookworm
Ensign

Hi everyone! I'm a new Voyager fan. TNG is my absolute favorite, but I have been watching Voyager on Netflix and really enjoying it. I'm halfway through season 3 right now. I missed most of the early seasons the first time around because I was in college and didn't always have access to a tv. I did catch more episodes of the later seasons, but this is my first time straight through all of the episodes and I am really enjoying it much more than I expected. I always thought Janeway was nuts, but she has really grown on me. I have a question about her. I hve been reading some fanfiction and several stories have mentioned that Janeway was in a shuttle accident that killed her father and first fiance. Is this mentioned in the episodes or novels or is this just an invention of the fanfic writers?
purplebookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2012, 05:25 AM   #1211
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

purplebookworm wrote: View Post
Hi everyone! I'm a new Voyager fan. TNG is my absolute favorite, but I have been watching Voyager on Netflix and really enjoying it. I'm halfway through season 3 right now. I missed most of the early seasons the first time around because I was in college and didn't always have access to a tv. I did catch more episodes of the later seasons, but this is my first time straight through all of the episodes and I am really enjoying it much more than I expected. I always thought Janeway was nuts, but she has really grown on me. I have a question about her. I hve been reading some fanfiction and several stories have mentioned that Janeway was in a shuttle accident that killed her father and first fiance. Is this mentioned in the episodes or novels or is this just an invention of the fanfic writers?
Hello and welcome

After Voyager, TNG is my favourite series, so you are in good company here. And I am happy to hear that Janeway has grown on you.

In regards to your question about Janeway: that is a storyline primarily mentioned in the novel Mosaic, which is essentially Janeway's biography. We do learn in an episode that her father was killed in a shuttle crash on Tau Ceti Prime, but in the novel we learn that this crash also included her first fiancé Justin Tighe.
Old July 27 2012, 05:52 AM   #1212
purplebookworm
Ensign

Thanks for the information. I'm going to look for that book at the used bookstore tomorrow. Is there a thread to discuss episodes as I watch them or should I start a thread? I watched "Worst Case Scenario" today and liked it. I am also really liking how gradually the Paris/Torres relationship is building. I remember seeing the episode in its original run where they are in space and B'Elanna tells Tom she loves him. I was so amazed that two characters on a Trek show had actually acknowledged their feelings. I was just so used to that never happening on TNG.
Old July 27 2012, 03:23 PM   #1213
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

purplebookworm wrote: View Post
Thanks for the information. I'm going to look for that book at the used bookstore tomorrow. Is there a thread to discuss episodes as I watch them or should I start a thread? I watched "Worst Case Scenario" today and liked it. I am also really liking how gradually the Paris/Torres relationship is building. I remember seeing the episode in its original run where they are in space and B'Elanna tells Tom she loves him. I was so amazed that two characters on a Trek show had actually acknowledged their feelings. I was just so used to that never happening on TNG.
You're welcome

That novel in particular may be hard to come by at a used bookstore (depending on where you go). If you can't find one there, then I would suggest trying Amazon or the iBook store on iTunes (they even have an audio version read by Kate Mulgrew herself! ).

There have been a few other threads started by people who are watching Voyager for the first time or re-watching it. I would suggest starting your own thread.

There is much more P/T yet to come on the show, believe me
Old July 29 2012, 12:34 AM   #1214
teacake
Admiral

purple, qutlunch has a thread called "my first voyage with voyager" and she is in the early seasons if you want to check it out! And feel free to start any threads you want

Mosaic is a great book and some consider it sorta canon since it was written by Jeri Taylor, though some small things end up contradicting it. The sequel is Pathways which tells the life story of all the VOY crew. It's not a direct sequel though, you could read that first if you come across it second hand somewhere. Both are great read and used to be easily available on Ebay.

And WELCOME to the VOY forum!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 29 2012, 04:05 AM   #1215
purplebookworm
Ensign

Thanks for the welcome! I had to go out of town today, so I listened to Mosaic on my way and part of Pathways on the way back home today and enjoyed them both. I don't know why in the world they are available on Audible as abridged additions though. I hate that and am going to get the books eventually.