RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,405
Posts: 5,505,932
Members: 25,127
Currently online: 595
Newest member: OneOfFour

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old July 26 2012, 03:44 AM   #2206
syberghost
Commander
 
syberghost's Avatar
 
Location: STO official forums community moderator emeritus
View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
So? That means you can buy them for in game currency on the Exchange or trade for them. Unlike account wide unlocks.
Theoretically; but how many people are going to pay seven dollars for something and put it on the exchange for less than 14 billion quatloos?
syberghost is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 04:13 AM   #2207
Aeolusdallas
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

syberghost wrote: View Post
Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
So? That means you can buy them for in game currency on the Exchange or trade for them. Unlike account wide unlocks.
Theoretically; but how many people are going to pay seven dollars for something and put it on the exchange for less than 14 billion quatloos?
Thousands of people will buy the suits. So many that ironically the price on the exchange will plummet.
Kind of like how people pay a buck for a lockbox then sell the contents for 50 cents in the exchange.
Aeolusdallas is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 07:18 AM   #2208
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral
 
Haggis and tatties's Avatar
 
Location: Glasgow
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
Ok thanks very much for that.....it was somewhat confusing, i have only really played this game on single player since launch and never touched the whole fleet or PVP things yet since STO launched.

I suppose i will have to now if i want to access the new stuff like those missions and fleet stuff.

Anyway thanks for the info, its much appreciated.

Oh and are you guys taking anybody on or are you full up?
Our doors are always open. Just give us your character's name@account and we'll add you to the fleet.

Just so you know we're pretty casual and are just patching up bits and pieces of our starbase whenever we can. We'll have a great starbase eventually, but it will take time. So if you're looking for a fleet with a top of the line starbase, we're not it.
Oh that's good to hear.....i am a very casual player, i have never touched any crafting, fleet,doff or the PVP system....i just like blowing Borg, Klingon, Breen, Rom, up in space or on the ground. lol
__________________

Haggis and tatties is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 08:41 AM   #2209
intrinsical
Commodore
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

syberghost wrote: View Post
Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
So? That means you can buy them for in game currency on the Exchange or trade for them. Unlike account wide unlocks.
Theoretically; but how many people are going to pay seven dollars for something and put it on the exchange for less than 14 billion quatloos?
Apparently quite a few.

Tholian Recluse Carriers, which costs 800 lobi, are being sold for 100 million ec on the exchange. Lets say an average lockbox gives 8 lobi, which means 100 unlocked Tholian boxes, which in turn means a Tholian Recluse Carrier costs on average US$112.5. If I've done my math correctly, the exchange rate is 1 US$ to 888,889ec.

All of this means we'll probably find these env suits sold on the exchange for around 6.2 million ec.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 11:34 AM   #2210
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Pass. I try to avoid spending any more money on this game if I can help it, but occasionally break down.

$7 a character for a costume skin isn't gonna move the needle.

Besides, just finally got the last piece of the Tholian set, wanna play with that a while first...
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 01:43 PM   #2211
syberghost
Commander
 
syberghost's Avatar
 
Location: STO official forums community moderator emeritus
View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
All of this means we'll probably find these env suits sold on the exchange for around 6.2 million ec.
And the exchange rate puts that right at 14 billion quatloos.
syberghost is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 04:43 PM   #2212
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

syberghost wrote: View Post
Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
LeadHead wrote: View Post
Fair enough, but STO at least gets nominated for this stupid thing.
I have no problem paying 7 bucks for it. It's really not that bad a price.
If it was an account unlock, I'd agree; but it's per character.
So how would I go about making sure I have enough of these for a full away team?
Hartzilla2007 is online now  
Old July 26 2012, 05:25 PM   #2213
syberghost
Commander
 
syberghost's Avatar
 
Location: STO official forums community moderator emeritus
View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
So how would I go about making sure I have enough of these for a full away team?
$7 apiece.

Or hundreds of millions of EC.
syberghost is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 06:38 PM   #2214
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Time to put the main projects on hold and get the new special projects started...

i want plants on my fleet base!
Timelord Victorious is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 06:50 PM   #2215
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Time to put the main projects on hold and get the new special projects started...

i want plants on my fleet base!
Yes fancy new stuff would be nice.

On another note how long before we can get the transwarp gate thingy up and running?
Hartzilla2007 is online now  
Old July 26 2012, 11:36 PM   #2216
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

woohoo i'm back

way too long away with work that time lol

how's everyone been?

logged in quickly to check what's changed since i've been away... wow, they've done a lot... speaking of, wtf have they done to the Caitains?!?

Caitians do not wear dreadlocks lmao... seriously, my science officer now looks like the love child of Bob Marly and Cheetara lol



Left - What Cryptic think the Caitains look like... Right - what i think they should look like

M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline  
Old July 26 2012, 11:57 PM   #2217
intrinsical
Commodore
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Time to put the main projects on hold and get the new special projects started...

i want plants on my fleet base!
Sorry, humanitarian projects have priority over vanity projects.
Gotta complete that Colonization project before the Interior Designer has time to work her magic on our starbase.

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Yes fancy new stuff would be nice.

On another note how long before we can get the transwarp gate thingy up and running?
According to the tech manual, the comms array needs to be operational before we can construct the transwarp gate.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline  
Old July 31 2012, 11:17 PM   #2218
Freman
Fleet Captain
 
Freman's Avatar
 
Location: Kenora, Ontario, Canada
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

What is going on with the controls on this game now? I just logged in after quite awhile away (real life always gets in my way) and loaded up the "War is Good for Business" mission. I'm heading towards the second anomoly and flew over top of it by accident. So I try to angle the ship to go DOWN so I can get to it, and it will only angle the ship down so far, then it just stops. So here I am flying circles around the anomaly, but can't get my ship to angle down so I can get to it.

Never had this problem before.
__________________
Booyaka!!!!
Freman is offline  
Old August 1 2012, 12:10 AM   #2219
syberghost
Commander
 
syberghost's Avatar
 
Location: STO official forums community moderator emeritus
View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Freman wrote: View Post
What is going on with the controls on this game now? I just logged in after quite awhile away (real life always gets in my way) and loaded up the "War is Good for Business" mission. I'm heading towards the second anomoly and flew over top of it by accident. So I try to angle the ship to go DOWN so I can get to it, and it will only angle the ship down so far, then it just stops. So here I am flying circles around the anomaly, but can't get my ship to angle down so I can get to it.

Never had this problem before.
Not only has there always been a limit to the up/down angle, but it's a greater range now than it was at launch.
syberghost is offline  
Old August 1 2012, 12:26 AM   #2220
Freman
Fleet Captain
 
Freman's Avatar
 
Location: Kenora, Ontario, Canada
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

syberghost wrote: View Post
Freman wrote: View Post
What is going on with the controls on this game now? I just logged in after quite awhile away (real life always gets in my way) and loaded up the "War is Good for Business" mission. I'm heading towards the second anomoly and flew over top of it by accident. So I try to angle the ship to go DOWN so I can get to it, and it will only angle the ship down so far, then it just stops. So here I am flying circles around the anomaly, but can't get my ship to angle down so I can get to it.

Never had this problem before.
Not only has there always been a limit to the up/down angle, but it's a greater range now than it was at launch.
Well, it's not a greater range now then it was the last time I played.
__________________
Booyaka!!!!
Freman is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, onlne, star trek online, sto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.