Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 19 2012, 08:50 AM   #31
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

I can't imagine what Walt would want to use this gun for. For an assassination or self defense it's a really strange choice for a guy who's never shown any interest or skill in weapons. Why not buy a scoped rifle or an Uzi instead - something easy to use and practical?
Old July 19 2012, 02:46 PM   #32
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

I think it will be part of a complicated scheme. It just smells like one of Walt's mad plans. I'm also pretty sure that it's from the season finale because it connects to the first episode of the show where Walt has his 50th birthday and Skylar arranges the bacon on his eggs to display the number.
Old July 19 2012, 02:54 PM   #33
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I'm guessing that the series will end with Walt going on a Falling Down-style rampage.
Old July 19 2012, 03:17 PM   #34
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
I'm guessing that the series will end with Walt going on a Falling Down-style rampage.
"I'm the bad guy? How did that happen?"
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2012, 06:55 PM   #35
Zeke
Captain

I recently got into this show. I don't enjoy it exactly -- I like my protagonists likable -- but it's really good stuff. You guys might get a kick out of my parody of the series pilot. (It's a "five-minute" parody like the ones I write for TrekToday... which at this point, unfortunately, only the real veterans will remember.)

Robert Maxwell, words are not enough to express my approval of your avatar/title/location/sig combo. Sata andagi would suffice if I had any...
Old July 19 2012, 09:52 PM   #36
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Zeke wrote: View Post
I recently got into this show. I don't enjoy it exactly -- I like my protagonists likable -- but it's really good stuff. You guys might get a kick out of my parody of the series pilot. (It's a "five-minute" parody like the ones I write for TrekToday... which at this point, unfortunately, only the real veterans will remember.)

I like it. I'm a little distressed I'm now counted among the real veterans, now, though.
Old July 21 2012, 05:30 AM   #37
Mojochi
Commodore

I'm just waiting to see where we finally end up with Walt & Hank, & Jesse. I just can't envision an end to this thing without one or more of those guys dead
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 05:28 AM   #38
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Mike just made a HUUUUUUUUUUGE mistake
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 01:17 PM   #39
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Half measures.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 02:01 PM   #40
Shurik
Fleet Captain

Yeah, this will end badly for everyone involved. I think that in the end, it will be Hank vs Walt, and Walt will be brought down by his over-confidence. He's just not as smart as he thinks, when the world of crime is considered.
Old July 23 2012, 04:13 PM   #41
stj
Rear Admiral

^^^Taking the pills suggests to me that Walt gets taken down by a recurrence of his cancer. (I don't think there are any pills that treat ricin poisoning.) Not seeing Skylar, Junior and the baby is suggestive too, that he sacrificed his family in some fashion or other too.

A gun doesn't suggest that he's facing off against Hank. Even a big gun isn't going to help against the US government. Besides, as last night's episode showed, even when or if Hank figures it all out, he's a huge loser. The big faceoff, if that's the finish, has got to be against somebody who's at least a respectable opponent. My guess is Mike.

Jesse is just too well established as a weakling puke to be a worthy foe. Just look at how he cried like a girl. A sentimentalist might think that having decent, humane feelings are a plus. But the true secret to a compelling character in these modern times is winning. Walt's a winner and Mike's a winner. Jesse's a loser. Chances are that Mike will lose, because he wavered at killing Lydia just because she was brave for her daughter.

Mike's return centered upon the feds taking everybody's money, which didn't just hurt him in the wallet, but opened him up to people turning. They may be standup when they're paid, but when they're supposed to do it for free? And obviously they could take the money because they got the account information. Thus we have the situation where the whole plot is technically motivated by the chance discovery of the bank account numbers when Walt wrecked thed evidence room! There's enough irony there for an anvil.

PS Good episode for showing Jesse and Mike. The most "interesting" moment with Walt was the threat of marital rape. Skylar needs to think through what she's going to do. Wanting to remain pristine was really too late when she helped Ted cook the books. That is a crime after all. And she's the one who did Ted, in more ways than one. Playing shrinking violet now seems both stupid and a tad hypocritical.
Old July 23 2012, 04:32 PM   #42
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I liked that the scheme with the magnet was probably unnecessary after all, since the laptop,was encrypted, but exposed what will no doubt lead to Walt's downfall.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 05:10 PM   #43
Agent Richard07
Admiral

stj wrote: View Post
Besides, as last night's episode showed, even when or if Hank figures it all out, he's a huge loser. The big faceoff, if that's the finish, has got to be against somebody who's at least a respectable opponent. My guess is Mike.

Jesse is just too well established as a weakling puke to be a worthy foe.
Mike is tough, but he's just a thug, not Walt's spiritual adversary. That goes role to Jesse or maybe Hank.

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I liked that the scheme with the magnet was probably unnecessary after all, since the laptop,was encrypted, but exposed what will no doubt lead to Walt's downfall.
Better safe than sorry. They probably would have gotten in somehow.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 05:23 PM   #44
CaptainCanada
Admiral

The DEA would have the resources to break that kind of encryption, if anyone would; it's just a matter of time.

Another strong episode. I liked how Walt handled planting the cigarette, in a way that would make its absence during past searches seem logical.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 08:00 PM   #45
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I interpretd Hank's line about the encryption to be the writers telling the audience that the DEA would not have gotten in. Not because it's more realistic, but that there's no other reason to put those words in Hank's mouth besides that they want us to see the irony that Walt's downfall will be caused in the end by his too clever and audacious plans. Why would Hank lack faith in the ability of the DEA to crack the encryption?

As for the cigarette, what would Walt have done if the Roomba had broken the vial, supposedly exposing them both to ricin? Which of course was really salt, but Jesse can't be allowed to know that.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote