A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old May 20 2012, 05:25 PM   #136
Uxi
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras...

These need to be on DVD! Good stuff.
Old July 10 2012, 05:44 PM   #137
Kamdan
Lieutenant Commander

Can we get The City on the Edge of Forever insights back up? As a matter of fact, what happened to this guy? He doesn't post in his blog anymore.
Kamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 04:55 AM   #138
Gary7
Rear Admiral

Kamdan wrote: View Post
Can we get The City on the Edge of Forever insights back up? As a matter of fact, what happened to this guy? He doesn't post in his blog anymore.
He appears to be busy with other things, as he's also a dad with 2 kids. Priorities...
Old July 12 2012, 05:02 AM   #139
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

A certain quote from Community seems appropriate here.

"Damn it Shirley! Stop thinking about your newborn baby and think about the people that need you!"

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2012, 05:46 AM   #140
erastus25
Fleet Captain

Doubt it's going to happen b/c of Harlan Ellison. CBS is especially sensitive about stuff from this ep popping up on unofficial channels.
Old July 20 2012, 03:43 PM   #141
Kamdan
Lieutenant Commander

erastus25 wrote: View Post
Doubt it's going to happen b/c of Harlan Ellison. CBS is especially sensitive about stuff from this ep popping up on unofficial channels.
Maybe they can be uploaded to another site, like Blip or Vemo. It's not so much as Ellison, because there's plenty of his material that was on the Sci-Fi Channel that has hasn't been taken down.
Old July 20 2012, 06:40 PM   #142
erastus25
Fleet Captain

erastus25 wrote: View Post
Maybe they can be uploaded to another site, like Blip or Vemo. It's not so much as Ellison, because there's plenty of his material that was on the Sci-Fi Channel that has hasn't been taken down.
This particular episode is exceptionally problematic though. It's the only reason I can think of why only that one would be pulled.
Old July 30 2012, 09:28 PM   #143
Gary7
Rear Admiral

I just stumbled across a YouTube member who is uploading Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Star Trek TOS clips. His name is billotto51. He started uploading them recently and he's up to 9 so far. They are longer than the versions posted by potablog. Hopefully the guy has the full set and can ultimately post all of them.

Last edited by Gary7; July 30 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Gary7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2012, 11:26 AM   #144
Kamdan
Lieutenant Commander

Gary7 wrote: View Post
I just stumbled across a YouTube member who is uploading Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Star Trek TOS clips. His name is billotto51. He started uploading them recently and he's up to 9 so far. They are longer than the versions posted by potablog. Hopefully the guy has the full set and can ultimately post all of them.
KILLER! Hopefully, he'll put up The City on the Edge of Forever.
Old September 12 2012, 05:24 PM   #145
potablog
Lieutenant

View potablog's Twitter Profile

Hey folks! Ling time, no see...

As Gary7 said, yeah.. Life has been pretty busy and I haven't had a lot of time for APOTA. I hope to change that soon though... Starting today with some new Sci-Fi uploads!

First up, I have re-uploaded the "COTEOF" segment. I have changed the title in hopes of avoiding youtube's notice, but we'll see how it goes. If you haven't seen this segment, you may not want to wait too long to watch this one-

Star Trek The Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras- "The City On The Edge Of Forever"

...followed by "Friday's Child"!

Star Trek The Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras- "Friday's Child"

Enjoy!

potablog

http://www.apieceoftheaction.net/

Last edited by potablog; September 12 2012 at 06:39 PM.
potablog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2012, 10:57 PM   #146
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

^ Thanks potablog.
Old September 14 2012, 03:51 PM   #147
potablog
Lieutenant

Gary Mitchell wrote: View Post
^ Thanks potablog.
You are very welcome!

Up today... "Metamorphosis"!

Star Trek The Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras "Metamorphosis"

potablog

Old September 18 2012, 04:06 PM   #148
potablog
Lieutenant

"Obsession" is now up!

-potablog

Old November 10 2012, 10:29 PM   #149
TServo2049
Ensign

I'm a younger Trek fan (a couple months shy of 25), and this was my first real exposure to TOS. I'm so glad to see these again.

I remember that after Sci-Fi pulled the Special Editions, someone (apparently an SFC employee?) posted the scripts for the unaired Nimoy segments on the SciFi.com message board. They were then reposted to Nimoy.com - the site went down a long time ago, but luckily, it survives in its entirety on Archive.org.

One odd thing I noticed: The script for "The Tholian Web", as posted, has Nimoy mentioning that when the episode aired in November 1968, Richard Nixon had just been RE-elected, which is incorrect - Nixon was elected to his FIRST term in '68. I find it hard to believe that this was a mistake in the actual script, or the final filmed version. Maybe it was an error in the transcript?

Anyway, that's not all. I also probed the Internet Archive captures of the Sci-Fi message board itself, and found the script of the Nimoy segments for "The Cage," which somehow didn't get mirrored on that other site. Read them here.

I also backed up text files of all the scripts on my computer in case the Internet Archive backups ever disappear.
TServo2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 02:20 AM   #150
Kamdan
Lieutenant Commander

TServo2049 wrote: View Post
I'm a younger Trek fan (a couple months shy of 25), and this was my first real exposure to TOS. I'm so glad to see these again.

I remember that after Sci-Fi pulled the Special Editions, someone (apparently an SFC employee?) posted the scripts for the unaired Nimoy segments on the SciFi.com message board. They were then reposted to Nimoy.com - the site went down a long time ago, but luckily, it survives in its entirety on Archive.org.

One odd thing I noticed: The script for "The Tholian Web", as posted, has Nimoy mentioning that when the episode aired in November 1968, Richard Nixon had just been RE-elected, which is incorrect - Nixon was elected to his FIRST term in '68. I find it hard to believe that this was a mistake in the actual script, or the final filmed version. Maybe it was an error in the transcript?

Anyway, that's not all. I also probed the Internet Archive captures of the Sci-Fi message board itself, and found the script of the Nimoy segments for "The Cage," which somehow didn't get mirrored on that other site. Read them here.

I also backed up text files of all the scripts on my computer in case the Internet Archive backups ever disappear.
Good work, my friend. I would interested in acquiring those transcripts, since some of them aren't opening on the site you posted. I should add that someone on YouTube has been posting versions of the Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition segments of Leonard Nimoy from the third season. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/billotto51?feature=watch