RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,701
Members: 24,832
Currently online: 410
Newest member: eltonlight

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 25 2012, 02:02 PM   #91
Christopher
Writer

Re: The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes cartoon cancelled

USS Mariner wrote: View Post
"Nightmare in Red" went out of it's way to sell Red Hulk as someone else. He doesn't have a moustache, he had a wierd ass accent before the transformation...
Huh? He didn't say anything before the transformation. When Winter Soldier asked if he was sure he wanted to do this, he just grunted.

Anyway, I should stop reading this thread. I've only seen up to "Nightmare in Red," and some of you have obviously seen multiple later episodes.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 03:39 PM   #92
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The final episodes aired today in Australia.

This is like when England got BSG first.

You wouldn't download it all, because that's wrong.

But if someone in Australia mailed you a video tape, as was the practice during the nineties, how the world saw DS9 and Voyager generations before they were supposed to, would the same taboo apply?

The shoe is on the other foot, no?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 07:12 PM   #93
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

FUCK DRAKE BELL. I can't get over how genuinely bad his performance is. Watching "New Avengers"

It's like he's trying to pull an NPH, except NPH has range (both vocally and dramatically.)

Bell is as one note as a vuvuzela, and twice as annoying. He's oblivious to the subtle difference between eating a sandwich and OMG WTF EVERYTHINGS TRYING TO KILL MEEE.

I'm going to punch Loeb in the fuckin' soul if Marvel doesn't at least include Keaton's audio in the DVD release. This is unbearable.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!

Last edited by USS Mariner; June 25 2012 at 07:24 PM.
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 08:01 PM   #94
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

Watching Operation Galactic Storm. It's great to see an episode written by people WHO AREN'T FUCKING BRAINDEAD ZOMBIES.

I also love the return of the space suits, especially for Wasp and Ms. Marvel (RAWRRRR), though I would have loved the return of the Silver Centurion, especially since it's color scheme was the basis for the Space Avenger suits anyway.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2012, 03:53 AM   #95
Disruptor
Commodore

Regarding the final episode

It was a decent enough way to end the series...even if that wasn't the plan.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2012, 10:03 PM   #96
Christopher
Writer

Marvel Television has given some new info about the Avengers Assemble series:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...gers-assemble/
The new Avengers series features the movie line-up plus Falcon, and aims to capture the movie's tone and scale. The clip Loeb shared showed the team going up against a rampaging monster in New York City. It certainly continued the Thor/Hulk relationship we saw in the movie, but it thankfully also gave Hawkeye back some of the wit he was missing from Jeremy Renner's version. Neither Falcon nor Black Widow appeared in the test footage.

Loeb made a special point of clarifying that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was not cancelled, as such. He said the order was always for 52 episodes, and likened the transition to Avengers Assemble -- which is in continuity with the previous series -- to the transition of creative teams on superhero comics.
Okay, so apparently it's not a new continuity but a sequel series that changes the designs and approach -- analogous to The New Batman Adventures or Ben 10: Alien Force, I guess. Although that compels the question: if it's a continuation of the same universe, then where have all the other female Avengers disappeared to?!

There's also some stuff about the separate Hulk series, which adds some odd new powers to the other Hulk characters, like giving She-Hulk "energy-projecting punches," whatever that means. (Can you really call something a punch if it doesn't physically connect with something?)

Old July 18 2012, 12:57 AM   #97
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

How many fists can you make from your entire body to punch with?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2012, 07:01 PM   #98
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post

Okay, so apparently it's not a new continuity but a sequel series that changes the designs and approach -- analogous to The New Batman Adventures or Ben 10: Alien Force, I guess. Although that compels the question: if it's a continuation of the same universe, then where have all the other female Avengers disappeared to?!
Does this also mean that the voice cast is the same?
Old July 19 2012, 07:12 PM   #99
Christopher
Writer

Brikar99 wrote: View Post
Does this also mean that the voice cast is the same?
The only information I have is in the link I provided. No mention was made of the voice cast. I would imagine that if it is meant to be a continuation, then it would probably keep the same voice cast, and indeed Marvel has been known to use the same actors for voice roles in multiple continuities (for instance, Fred Tatasciore is their usual Hulk and Steve Blum is their usual Wolverine).

On the other hand, in-continuity revamps don't always stick with the same cast. The "teenage" Ben 10 shows recast most of the voices, even of adult or alien characters (Grandpa Max and Tetrax were the only major characters not recast). The New Batman Adventures kept most of the original cast, but recast Batgirl, Montoya, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Bane, and a few others. Spider-Man Unlimited initially pretended to be loosely in continuity with the preceding Spider-Man animated series, but recast everyone (and soon abandoned the pretense of continuity anyway).

Old July 20 2012, 12:28 AM   #100
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Essentially the reverse of JLU and Justice League.

I think it's pretty evident that Jeph Loeb's idea of good animation involves less characters and a more episodic format.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote