Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 7 2012, 04:32 PM   #1
Agent Richard07
Retired

Breaking Bad - Season 5

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Breaking Bad returns for a final batch of 16 episodes.
8 will air this summer and the final 8 will air in 2013.
The new season premieres on Sunday July 15th on AMC.

Now that Gus (Giancarlo Esposito) has been "dinged," the focus will now return to Walter and Jesse, and how they handle the opportunities (and challenges) before them. Not to mention the many (many) secrets that will be revealed. - Source
Gilligan does have some very interesting things to say about the direction Walt's life is taking as the series moves forward. With Gus gone, Walt is moving up in the world. "What is a world like where he is not at death's door at every turn," Gilligan ponders in the video below. "But is in fact ascendant and triumphant. That's what you're gonna see in Season 5." - Source
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

A week to go and lots of promos...

Old July 7 2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Roger Wilco
Admiral

All hail the king - hell yeah!
Old July 7 2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Sysyphyx
Lieutenant

View Sysyphyx's Twitter Profile

Can't. Frickin. Wait.

My predictions: Walt Jr. gets bullied at school, goes on a shooting rampage; Skylar buys a bunch of shoes, steals all the meth money and walks all the way to Las Vegas to bet it all on the tables. Loses; Hank finds out that Walt was Heisenberg, considers turning him in but gets addicted to meth instead. Dies of an overdose; Walt has a relapse. dies of cancer in finale. The End.
Old July 7 2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Well, I'm excited. I knew that Skylar would be scared of Walt now because she only heard of the explosion and doesn't know what a hare-brained scheme it really was and that it was only a plan B knitted together at the last minute. Too bad they'll split up the season. I want to see it all. Now.
Old July 8 2012, 04:00 PM   #6
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

The first two promos are pretty cheesy, the third one is better but still not great. Still, they're only adverts, they don't necessarily represent the show.

I'm looking forward to season 5 because it seems like it will be bringing the show back to its roots. As enjoyable as seasons 3 and 4 were, and as great an antagonist as Gus was, I preferred how season 2 told the story of Walt rising on his own to become a kingpin, and that's that's where season 5 appears to be returning.
Old July 8 2012, 06:06 PM   #7
The Habs Fan
Commodore

I can't wait! Is it July 15 yet?
The Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2012, 11:37 AM   #8
BlueStuff
Rear Admiral

The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
I can't wait! Is it July 15 yet?
It is now.
BlueStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2012, 11:43 PM   #9
Agent Richard07
Retired

^ Yep. A few hours to go. More clips ahead...

Old July 16 2012, 04:20 AM   #10
Agent Richard07
Retired

Like last season's premiere, it didn't feel as if a lot happened. Maybe it's just high expectations though. I liked what I saw anyway. We're off to a good start.

- I was wondering how Walt would get Mike to work for him and what went down here works for me. They were pretty quick getting to eachother in the desert though. Gus just died, and Mike was still recovering then suddenly he's having a meeting with Walt and Jesse?

- I thought of the magnet bit before Jesse brought it up. Would something like that actually work? Seemed a bit far fetched.

- What did they find when they were looking at the picture while salvaging what was in the evidence room?

- I was a bit busy during the teaser and didn't catch everyting. What happened exactly? Looked like something that'll happen somewhere down the line.

- I thought Saul was about to skip town at the end of last season. Maybe I'm not remembering something correctly.

- Walt is starting to get cocky.
Old July 16 2012, 04:30 AM   #11
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I'm loving this cocky, scary Walt and I look forward to more badass scenes involving him.

I think Mike is going to die next episode. Maybe Walt kills him after Mike rejects his proposal of being a part of his drug empire.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2012, 04:41 AM   #12
Agent Richard07
Retired

I would have been a complete wreck all day and all night if I were Walt, wondering if anyone looked at the computer already and even wondering if there's another recording somewhere. I think his cockiness is a defense mechanism. They can't really be sure if the hard drive was erased, but he needs something to put his mind at ease.

Also, Ted isn't dead. I didn't think he was when he hit his head, but everyone said he was, so I went with it.
Old July 16 2012, 05:20 AM   #13
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

Why is Walt on the run? Does he find reason to suspect the hard drive wasn't wiped? After seeing Mike find out about Gus and his subsequent reaction, for a second I thought he must be running from Mike, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I wonder if this is going to be this season's arc story which isn't explained until the season finale -- like the plane crash a few seasons back.

Skylar's initial reaction to Ted in the hospital seemed totally in character for her. But in a concession to how her character has developed over the last four seasons, so did "good". Skylar has gone full "Carmella Soprano" on us.

Well, it's confirmed now that Walt poisoned the kid. The scene with Walt and Saul was by far my favorite of the episode. My, how the dynamic of that relationship has changed. Walt is now too dangerous and too much of a scumbag even for Saul.

I can hardly wait to see what happens when Jesse finds out that Walt used two people who Jesse loved to manipulate him into doing what Walt wanted him to.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2012, 06:19 AM   #14
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

where can I get a hold of the guy from the opening, I want an M-60
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2012, 04:19 PM   #15
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Good start to the season, though the laptop files are a such a showkiller that it was obvious they would succeed in wiping them.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote