Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 13 2012, 04:24 PM   #4696
JD
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Do you guys want me to keep doing the live announcements from the panels?
Old July 13 2012, 04:36 PM   #4697
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Go for it. I believe the Scott Snyder panel/presentation thing is this afternoon. Along with the Superman panel.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2012, 04:44 PM   #4698
JD
Admiral

Cool. I've got some other stuff I want to do, so I might go back over some of them later after they end. I can't find a DC schedule anywhere.
Old July 13 2012, 04:58 PM   #4699
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

The SDCC scheduling page has the full schedule for the entire weekend. I keep going back to it to recall when what is going on lol.

Old July 13 2012, 07:45 PM   #4700
JD
Admiral

They finished the Concept to Page panel, which featured Buccellatto, Manipul, and their editors discussing the Flash, at 11:00, but it didn't really seem to have any big news. It still seemed interesting though, with lots of insight how they go about writting any issue, with the main focus seeming to be on #12. They showed off some script pages, and sketches.
EDIT: Ooops, turns out I missed the Superman Panel
*Superman:Earth One Vol 2. will start with a very proud Clark and introduce Parasite.
*Superman will voice important issues in #13.
*Superboy #0 will deal with the history of Krypton.
*Superboy #13 will test his limits, and he might not come out on top in all of his fight.
*"Action Comics #13 will see some familiar villains that have been connected from the beginning."
*Supergirl #0 will deal with her relationship with her parents. #13 will show her looking back on Krypton, and will introduce a villain with mental and physical powers.
EDIT 2: Justice League and Green Lantern.
*Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, James Robinson, Nicola Scott, Tony Bedard, Francis Manapul, and Brian Buccellato are all there.
*In Justice League #12 there will be changes, including some members quitting.
* In JL #0 Billy Batson will meet the wizard, but won't believe him when he tells him about magic.
*#13 will introduce The Cheetah, and will lay the seeds for The Trinity War and other changes.
*Green Lantern #0 will introduce the new character, and deal with The Guardians and the Third Army.
*Green Lantern Corps #0 will focus on Guy, and set up future stories.
*New Guardians #0 will see Kyle trying to master the whole emotional spectrum. He may play a big part in the Third Army story.
*Bedard compares it to a movie with a hero learning different fighting styles.
*The Flash #0 will explore Barry's journey to who his is now.
*There will be lots of Gorillas in #13.
*Earth 2 #0 will be an adventure of The Trinity.
*We will see characters react in different ways.
*Justice League Dark #0 will see a young John Constantine fall in love with Zatanna and deal with other issues while in America for the first time.
*There's more of a mystical sense to Earth 2. The next arc will see the heroes go up against the government.
*There are a lot of stories to be told about Kyle's past before he became a GL.
* It was important to explore who Billy is before he became Shazam. Once he joins the Justice League we'll see just how different he is from the rest of the team.
EDIT:
The New 52 panel.
*To many panel members to list them all.
*The story of Batgirl #0 is a transformation story about Babara becoming Batgirl, and it will surprise people.
*Batman #0 will show Gotham in a "completely different way", as we see how Bruce set up shop. It will present a new perspective on the mythology.
*Talon #0 was conceived by James Tynion IV and will "tell a story across the DC Universe.
*Swamp Thing #0 will be "nightmarish and gross", and will show how died and came back as Swamp Thing. The story will payoff in Rotworld.
* Some stuff about Hawkman, Deathstroke, and Grifter. Is anyone here reading those?
*Firestorm stuff. Anyone reading that?
*Superboy #0 will deal with the cloning process that created him, and why Supergirl reacted to him the way she did.
OOPS, not done yet.
*Lobdell says Superman #0 is the story of a Superman's parents facing the end of the world.
*Teen Titans stuff. Does anyone care?
*All Star Western #0 will be Jonah's origin, and include story element beginnings and endings.
*Suicide Squad. Any interest?
*Year one of Justice League was about who the team is, Year two will be about who they should be. Members will leave, and new people will join. #12 will end one and start the other.
*Aquaman #0 will show him being exposed as the man from Atlantis, and then searching for his Atlantis and his mother over the course of a year.
*Beginning in January Justice League will deal with Martian Manhunter's time on the team and how it went bad.
*"Cyborg and Shazam will be "buddies" when he joins the team, acting a little irresponsibly being the two youngest members of the team. It's also interesting also since it's a pairing of magic and technology."
*There will be more returning characters joining The 52.
*Batgirl #13 will feature a story about Batgirl and Oracle. Simone is really excited about her part of Death of the Family, which shows what Joker has planned for her.

Last edited by JD; July 14 2012 at 01:16 AM.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 02:30 AM   #4701
Derishton
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Do you guys want me to keep doing the live announcements from the panels?
I've really appreciated it, thanks for taking the time.
Old July 14 2012, 02:40 AM   #4702
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

If you do it please include some double hard returns between blocks of text, or your bullet points. It makes it a lot easier to read.
Old July 14 2012, 02:58 AM   #4703
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I hope by "surprise" that doesn't mean fans are going to be pissed off with whatever they do with Babs origin. LOL. I have zero interest with what Geoff Johns is doing with the Justice League. Sigh.

Old July 14 2012, 04:35 PM   #4704
JD
Admiral

I'm going to be working all day today so I won't be able to follow the liveblogs. They're putting them up on the DC Blog if you want to follow them yourselves.
Old July 14 2012, 04:44 PM   #4705
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Read Swamp Thing #11 and the first full confrontation with Arcane and his Un-Men. Along with Abigail and the reforming Parliament of Trees. The conclusion that shows The Bakers, Animal Man all needing Holland to follow them into the Rot should make for some good reading in ST and AM #12 next month. The way they are drawing ST with a type of woody helmet with horns is finally adjusting to me.

Demon Knights #11 - while I've enjoyed the book I'm not finding myself just eagerly on pins/needles for the next issue. When this next story wraps I placing it on the consideration for dropping and moving to TPB list.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 05:27 PM   #4706
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

I think this issue of DK kinda confirms that Al Jabr is Ra's.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 08:05 PM   #4707
nvek86
Commander

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
And possibly a new Sandman mini with Gaiman. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/...-williams-iii/
The new Sandman mini series has now been confirmed:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39721
Old July 14 2012, 09:29 PM   #4708
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

If it's not will we care who Al Jabr is then? Probably not which is why Ra's is still the safe bet.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 09:45 PM   #4709
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
If it's not will we care who Al Jabr is then? Probably not which is why Ra's is still the safe bet.
I pegged him for someone from Stormwatch, but I did note the Big Geological Feature in this issue.

I love Demon Knights, maybe because I study modern Arthurian adaptation, and it;s nice to see one as clever as this.
Old July 15 2012, 03:05 AM   #4710
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

That's it. I give up. It's official now, I hate the New 52. I was sceptical from the beginning, with the costume changes and all, but I tried. By now, I've read the two Superman titles, "Justice League", "Green Arrow", "Stormwatch" and the first three issues of "Wonder Woman", and aside from Grant Morrison's "Action", it all ranged from mediocre to "Oh god, make it stop!". "Superman" is solid superhero stuff, but nothing special. "Green Arrow" has always been the strongest when it's been down-to-earth social criticism, but except for the Web 2.0 villains in the first story, it all was too far out to actually work. The "Justice League" was all "Fight each other, ask questions later", which is how the Avengers work. I know the Avengers are hip, and I like them a lot myself, but the JL imitating the Avengers makes my guts hurt. "Stormwatch" was alright, but paled in comparison to what the title and "The Authority" were before the New 52, and not even J'onn and Paul Cornell could make that up (actually, J'onn's presence actually hurt, because it always reminded me of the fact he was not in the damned Justice League). And there's a reason I stopped reading WW after just three issues. Zeus' daughter?! Man, that felt like a punch in my face. Seriously, such a move so early after the reboot only serves to make the old fans angry, because the new readers won't even realize what the fuzz is about.

And now, Captain Marvel's not even named Captain Marvel anymore. It wasn't enough to turn Billy Batson into a traumatized, bitter and violent little brat, they also had to screw up the superhero part.

I know, as a humanist and a fan of old school DC heroes, I shouldn't, but I wish someone punched Geoff Johns & co. in the face so they could see how it feels.

And, yes, Morrison's "Action" is great, and I've heard good things about "Aquaman", "The Flash", "Swamp Thing" and "Animal Man", but that doesn't make up for all the horrible decisions made.

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote