Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Jessica Nigri
Thumbs Up 49 53.26%
Thumbs Down 23 25.00%
Thumbs Sideways 20 21.74%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 13 2012, 11:49 PM   #16
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: Jessica Nigri: Babe of the week #29 (July 2012)

After seeing a gif of her pulling her top off...yes, thumbs up.
Old July 14 2012, 03:51 AM   #17
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

^^^
PM that please?

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
captcalhoun wrote: View Post
a cosplayer? really? that's the best you could do this week?

that noise you hear? that's the bottom of the barrel being scraped.

down.
It's the week San Diego Comic Con starts...ergo CosPlayer who has gained some scant notoriety.
No different than choosing an actresses whose film opens or artist whose new music is released.
Other than both are celebrities with an actual body of work to judge on their own merits. Rather than woman known only for wearing revealing clothing.
Body of work? I place my vote based strictly on the body. One's work and one's appearance are two separate things to vote upon as I see it. This is a pure vanity "contest" nothing more.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 01:07 PM   #18
captain crow
Fleet Captain

Location: Onboard a sliver dog bone shaped satellite in Earth orbit

Since you're now starting to have non-actresses for your weekly fapping thread, can we have a bit of variety please?

Such as women like Jesikah Maximus

and Ms. Bubbles
Old July 14 2012, 03:02 PM   #19
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

These threads always amuse me!

I don't always check these things out. Usually out of curiosity, yeah I am a guy, so for partially for obvious reasons. But just as much because I have no idea who the woman is from the name and just wonder if its someone I have seen in a movie or tv show.

But don't pretend that these things are more than they really are!

Cosplayers actually have fan followings??? I am surprised any of them standout enough to be remembered by name.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 03:03 PM   #20
RogerWaters
Fleet Captain

Thumbs up - I am a big fan of cosplay, and she is doing it very well.
RogerWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 03:16 PM   #21
Forbin
Admiral

Meh.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 05:08 PM   #22
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Hmm. A great...um, figure...but something about her face seems "off", somehow. Some pics of her look great--others...I dunno.

I'm going "up"...but only just.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 05:26 PM   #23
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

^^^
PM that please?

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

It's the week San Diego Comic Con starts...ergo CosPlayer who has gained some scant notoriety.
No different than choosing an actresses whose film opens or artist whose new music is released.
Other than both are celebrities with an actual body of work to judge on their own merits. Rather than woman known only for wearing revealing clothing.
Body of work? I place my vote based strictly on the body. One's work and one's appearance are two separate things to vote upon as I see it. This is a pure vanity "contest" nothing more.
Agreed. The title of the thread is "BABE of the week," not "American Idol" or "The Academy Awards."

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 06:29 PM   #24
Sysyphyx
Lieutenant

View Sysyphyx's Twitter Profile

captain crow wrote: View Post
Since you're now starting to have non-actresses for your weekly fapping thread, can we have a bit of variety please?

Such as women like Jesikah Maximus

and Ms. Bubbles
CGI at its finest. No fucking way that butt is real. All it needs is a little bit of lens flare to really pull me in.
Old July 14 2012, 09:05 PM   #25
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

You know, this week's choice of the BOTW and the last few posts about this BOTW and these new pictures I think have pushed me over the edge and I'm beginning to see the problem people have with this thread.

For a good while there it just seemed like a nice way to appreciate some of the good looking women out there working today in Hollywood and other areas and appreciate their work as well. Sure we all have our likes and fantasies when it comes to these women but more in the past it seemed like an ounce or two of respect and dignity was given to it.

Here, we have pretty much just Random Chick on the Street known only for wearing skimp cosplay costumes and his other than that done nothing. She's a girl off the street and it's as creepy and disturbing as when guys want to have thier picture taking with the hot Hooters Waitress or the stranger they pass at a comic convention dressed as Slave Leia.

And there we have pictures of two women focusing solely on their large posteriors. Couple that with comments being made getting more and more sexual and vulgar it's just becoming, well... crass.

I'm hardly 100% innocent of such comments, I do have my likes and fantasies but I think I try and to be at be more tactful about it than the poster in the Katy Perry thread who said he want her "freakish reverse-jointed alien legs" wrapped around him (or something to that effect.) And, really, the two women in the pictures above are just disgusting to me in the way they are photographed and put on display in such a manner. (More-so the booty shots than the standard pose.)

These threads have devolved from, "Hey, do you think Kate Beckinsale is good looking," to "Hey! Look at these women! Would you masturbate to this?!"

At no, real, fault of Aragorn but more of the majority of the responders to it. (Though, Aragorn did pick a very questionable woman to feature this week. I mean a literal nobody. What's next week? Snapshots of the girl at the perfume counter at the mall?)

With this thread we've also gone from various red-carpet pictures, productions pictures of the actress and the occasional glamor shot from a magazine. To... this. Pictures of this girl in skimpy cosplay outfits one of which (as I said above) damn-near being a colonoscopy.

So, here, I dust off my hands, tip my hat to our gracious host, and say I'm done and joining those who have a problem with these threads. Maybe won't be as strong or vocal about it, but I'm more seeing their point.

Last edited by Trekker4747; July 14 2012 at 10:08 PM.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 09:38 PM   #26
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

^Um...okay? Goodbye, then....

(Shucks--taking the dubious comments of a few posters, along with a disagreement regarding this one choice of the week's entry...and using all that to justify denouncing the whole thing? Okay--whatever....)

BTW--for the record? The pictures you're referring to were posted on this thread by someone who seems critical of this whole thing, too--in the context of that criticism. So...there you go.

Old July 14 2012, 09:49 PM   #27
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^Um...okay? Goodbye, then....

(Shucks--taking the dubious comments of a few posters, along with a disagreement regarding this one choice of the week's entry...and using all that to complain about the whole thing? Okay--whatever....)
It's really been a "going down hill for a long time" sort of thing and finally I'm at the bottom of my particular hill between this week's choice, the choice of pictures, and really it sort has put the entire thing into perspective just a bit. This thread has been a bit of a microcosm of everything these threads have become over the last couple years or so (since most of the more major actresses out there have been used up.) There's glamorous shots of beautiful women who work in film and TV on a red carpet and saying, "she's lovely" and then there's showing some girl who dresses in cosplay "for a living", using the main image of her in fetish wear and then one of the pictures jammed right up her ass.

It's a deep, deep, decline and it's finally hit the bottom for me.
Old July 14 2012, 09:56 PM   #28
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Sure, sure--okay...whatever you say, mate.

Old July 14 2012, 10:03 PM   #29
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

I don't really like the choice of babe this week but if everyone liked every one of Aragorn's picks it would get pretty boring. There have also been crass comments made in the past but luckily by a small percentage of posters. I'm looking forword to next weeks babe. Oh captain crow? You really need to go back to the drawing board.
Old July 14 2012, 10:42 PM   #30
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote:
I'm hardly 100% innocent of such comments, I do have my likes and fantasies but I think I try and to be at be more tactful about it than the poster in the Katy Perry thread who said he want her "freakish reverse-jointed alien legs" wrapped around him (or something to that effect.) And, really, the two women in the pictures above are just disgusting to me in the way they are photographed and put on display in such a manner. (More-so the booty shots than the standard pose.)
Dude, it's called "vote Thumbs down" and move on with your life. But you want to leave? Step. No skin off my ass. Better you leave than I have to put up with the rantings of yet another masculine feminist trying to score points with whiny protesters.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote