RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,940
Posts: 5,479,039
Members: 25,057
Currently online: 437
Newest member: JeremiahJT

TrekToday headlines

Trek Shirt And Hoodie
By: T'Bonz on Nov 27

A Klingon Christmas Carol’s Last Season
By: T'Bonz on Nov 27

Attack Wing Wave 10 Expansion Pack
By: T'Bonz on Nov 27

New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 13 2012, 07:38 PM   #106
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Man and I thought the "Men in Black III" production had problems early on...this whole thing has been a mess from the start.
Didn't he start working on this 'round about 2005 (I'm sure I remember hearing about him pursuing that it long ago)? Jeebus, you'd think with all that time before Production even began, that he'd have things together, before even starting shooting. It'll be a miracle if this thing doesn't crash and burn outta the gate <SIGH>
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2012, 08:55 PM   #107
Jan
Commodore
 
Jan's Avatar
 
Location: ...is insane. --JMS
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Plan B won the bidding war for the rights in 2007 and the JMS drafts are dated April 30 and July 22, 2007. Carnahan began his rewrite in 2009 when the director came on board.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 09:27 AM   #108
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Seeking His Next Flop, Taylor Kitsch Joins Cast of Troubled 'World War Z'
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 01:13 PM   #109
Shurik
Fleet Captain
 
Shurik's Avatar
 
Location: Haifa, Israel
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world


I think hiring Lindelof for rewriting the last third will be quite enough.
__________________
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose
Shurik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 10:01 PM   #110
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Apparently Lindelof didn't write the new ending, Drew Goddard did
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 10:27 PM   #111
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Man and I thought the "Men in Black III" production had problems early on...this whole thing has been a mess from the start.
Didn't he start working on this 'round about 2005 (I'm sure I remember hearing about him pursuing that it long ago)? Jeebus, you'd think with all that time before Production even began, that he'd have things together, before even starting shooting. It'll be a miracle if this thing doesn't crash and burn outta the gate <SIGH>
"When there is no more room in development hell, the dead shall walk the earth."
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 05:02 PM   #112
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Man and I thought the "Men in Black III" production had problems early on...this whole thing has been a mess from the start.
Didn't he start working on this 'round about 2005 (I'm sure I remember hearing about him pursuing that it long ago)? Jeebus, you'd think with all that time before Production even began, that he'd have things together, before even starting shooting. It'll be a miracle if this thing doesn't crash and burn outta the gate <SIGH>
"When there is no more room in development hell, the dead shall walk the earth."
Well done, nicely played
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 07:11 PM   #113
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Thank you, I'll be here all week.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2012, 10:55 PM   #114
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Brad Pitt Is Not Talking to His World War Z Director

"Last month, Lost exec producer and Prometheus scriptwriter Damon Lindelof was brought in to watch the movie and make suggestions to Paramount on what fixes were needed."

"Problem is, sources tell us that Lindelof said the script needed months of work, not days — something he didn't have time for — and changes were needed throughout the film, not just at the end."
I KNEW IT! Brad Pitt should have NEVER picked the director of that shitty Quantum of Solace movie to do this thing.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 12:24 AM   #115
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

They need to scrap the movie and sell the rights to HBO, which can do an ongoing anthology series based on the individual vignettes in the book.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 12:25 AM   #116
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Dream wrote: View Post
Brad Pitt Is Not Talking to His World War Z Director

"Last month, Lost exec producer and Prometheus scriptwriter Damon Lindelof was brought in to watch the movie and make suggestions to Paramount on what fixes were needed."

"Problem is, sources tell us that Lindelof said the script needed months of work, not days — something he didn't have time for — and changes were needed throughout the film, not just at the end."
I KNEW IT! Brad Pitt should have NEVER picked the director of that shitty Quantum of Solace movie to do this thing.
Probably shoulda stuck with JMS' Script and let him pick the Director
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 12:33 AM   #117
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
They need to scrap the movie and sell the rights to HBO, which can do an ongoing anthology series based on the individual vignettes in the book.
It is too late to do that now. They have spent too much money on this thing. The only question now should be how badly this movie flops.

Also we have a pretty decent zombie show right now with The Walking Dead. HBO won't want a show that feels like a knockoff of that.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 04:29 AM   #118
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Dream wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
They need to scrap the movie and sell the rights to HBO, which can do an ongoing anthology series based on the individual vignettes in the book.
It is too late to do that now. They have spent too much money on this thing. The only question now should be how badly this movie flops.

Also we have a pretty decent zombie show right now with The Walking Dead. HBO won't want a show that feels like a knockoff of that.
For a Series, If they had the Chonies, I don't think they'd have to worry about treading on each other, I think they'd explore opposite sides of the situation. They actually could feed off each other, IMHO
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 05:12 PM   #119
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Marc Forster’s ‘World War Z’ Cut Only 52-Minutes Long?
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 09:20 PM   #120
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain
 
USS Kongo's Avatar
 
View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile
Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Maybe the zombies ate the rest of the footage?

Sean
USS Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
world war z, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.