RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,718
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 893
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 12 2012, 06:51 AM   #286
Nelly334
Lieutenant

Re: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter produced by Tim Burton in the work

nightwind1 wrote: View Post
Great.

Another apologist for The Slaver's Rebellion.
Great.

Another victim of old post war propaganda.
Nelly334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 06:59 AM   #287
nightwind1
Commodore

Nelly334 wrote: View Post
Great.

Great.

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
nightwind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 07:00 AM   #288
Nelly334
Lieutenant

Great.

Great.

If you can't prove me wrong, then just be a man about it and admit it.
Old July 12 2012, 07:13 AM   #289
sojourner
Vice Admiral

As a southerner I refuse to watch or read anything thats paints Lincoln the butcher in a positive light.
But, but, this is the only movie ever made that will paint Lincoln as a butcher (of vampires).
Old July 12 2012, 07:13 AM   #290
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Great.

You're awfully fresh for a newb.

What if nightwind is a woman? What does being a man have to do with anything? Why would you, with the username that is traditionally that of a woman, tell someone to "be a man"? Do you have something against your own gender? And if you're male, why would you, as someone named "Nelly", tell someone else to "man up"?

Also, just so you're aware of my political leanings in regards to the Civil war, and for the record, I'd suck Lincoln's dick while he was laying on the confederate battleflag. "The South" as you perceive it, will never rise again, and it will be because those that want it don't have the intellectual wherewithal to simply ignore something so simple as a movie they don't like. It's pretty pathetic.

Also, Abe Lincoln was, and always shall be, much more of a man than Jefferson Davis, who sought only to impregnate young black women at his leisure.

-= All fantasy teaches me is that reality sucks. =-
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 08:04 AM   #291
nightwind1
Commodore

J. Allen wrote: View Post

What if nightwind is a woman? What does being a man have to do with anything? Why would you, with the username that is traditionally that of a woman, tell someone to "be a man"? Do you have something against your own gender? And if you're male, why would you, as someone named "Nelly", tell someone else to "man up"?

Also, just so you're aware of my political leanings in regards to the Civil war, and for the record, I'd suck Lincoln's dick while he was laying on the confederate battleflag. "The South" as you perceive it, will never rise again, and it will be because those that want it don't have the intellectual wherewithal to simply ignore something so simple as a movie they don't like. It's pretty pathetic.

Also, Abe Lincoln was, and always shall be, much more of a man than Jefferson Davis, who sought only to impregnate young black women at his leisure.

Old July 12 2012, 08:09 AM   #292
Nelly334
Lieutenant

I hate yankee arrogance, your vulgar nature however makes further replies with you useless in this regard.
Old July 12 2012, 08:11 AM   #293
Gaith
Rear Admiral

To the average poor white man, and most were poor, they didn't care about slavery. It was tariffs and northern domination of the federal government that also led to the civil war.
Except that the North didn't dominate the government. Indeed, due to the 3/5ths counting of persons not taxed, the South was overrepresented.

State pride played a large part to, once they were at "war" with the Union, most men felt the natural desire to defend their homes.
All the more reason to curse the memory of the sick Confederate ruling class that stoked their war fever.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 08:16 AM   #294
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I hate yankee arrogance, your vulgar nature however makes further replies with you useless in this regard.
I don't like bigots, and I don't like Confederate sympathizers, and I feel they are one and the same. I offer them no respect because they deserve none.

This movie might become a cult classic, because people like vampires, and people love Abraham Lincoln and see him as a hero. Was he flawed? Yes. Was he better than the alternative? Absolutely.

Old July 12 2012, 08:40 AM   #295
nightwind1
Commodore

Old July 12 2012, 08:47 AM   #296
Nelly334
Lieutenant

I don't like bigots, and I don't like Confederate sympathizers, and I feel they are one and the same. I offer them no respect because they deserve none.

This movie might become a cult classic, because people like vampires, and people love Abraham Lincoln and see him as a hero. Was he flawed? Yes. Was he better than the alternative? Absolutely.
I have not said one racist thing, I respect my ancestors including the ones who fought against britain in the revolutionary war and ones who fought against the union during the civil war, the ones who deserve zero respect are the yankees who have managed to fool themselves into thinking they were heros, instead of the truth, they were murderers, rapists and tyrants.
Old July 12 2012, 08:48 AM   #297
nightwind1
Commodore

I hate Yankee arrogance. Your vulgar nature, however, makes further replies to you useless in this regard.
Typical bigoted Confederate apologist. You can't even write with correct English syntax.

Go back to grade school and learn proper English along with proper history.

Old July 12 2012, 08:51 AM   #298
Nelly334
Lieutenant

Gaith wrote: View Post
To the average poor white man, and most were poor, they didn't care about slavery. It was tariffs and northern domination of the federal government that also led to the civil war.
Except that the North didn't dominate the government. Indeed, due to the 3/5ths counting of persons not taxed, the South was overrepresented.

State pride played a large part to, once they were at "war" with the Union, most men felt the natural desire to defend their homes.
All the more reason to curse the memory of the sick Confederate ruling class that stoked their war fever.
The south was unfairly taxed and had insane tariffs put upon them due to the larger populations in the union, it was a justified act to secede.
Old July 12 2012, 08:51 AM   #299
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

I have not said one racist thing, I respect my ancestors including the ones who fought against britain in the revolutionary war and ones who fought against the union during the civil war, the ones who deserve zero respect are the yankees who have managed to fool themselves into thinking they were heros, instead of the truth, they were murderers, rapists and tyrants.
You're cute.
Anyhoo, that's enough thread derailing about ancestral shit that doesn't matter anymore. Back to the movie!

From what I've read of the reviews, the premise has been more popular than the actual execution. While I'm still wanting to see it, I'm wondering whether they managed to blunder so simple a fantastic concept as this one.

Old July 12 2012, 08:52 AM   #300
Nelly334
Lieutenant

I hate Yankee arrogance. Your vulgar nature, however, makes further replies to you useless in this regard.
Typical bigoted Confederate apologist. You can't even write with correct English syntax.

Go back to grade school and learn proper English along with proper history.
Guess I can add grammar nazi to the list of reasons we don't get along.