Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 11 2012, 12:48 PM   #316
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

It's been really noticeable in the last year or so IMO. Every time I've seen him on TNA, I have thought, wow he's really showing his age now. I loved him during his WWE run.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 01:05 PM   #317
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

^ Agreed, in the last couple of years his muscle mass has almost completely declined, he no longer looks like a wrestler. I was thinking of doing one for Triple H, who has always been a built individual, but illustrating how his body focus has shifted over the years.

I don't get Flair, I find it extremely hard to accept anyone in their 60's as being as controversial as he is. Sure, his wrestling schedule may have delayed the onset of a mid life crisis, but as far as anyone can tell, Ric Flair has always been a flamboyant character who acts first and doesn't think later. I'd really like to see him back in WWE, if anything so he will be provided with financial stability and good role models and the chance to be in the limelight without having to don the trunks and do blade jobs. He's one of the best of all time, one of my favourites and a guy who owes it to himself to preserve his legacy.

Last edited by Mr Silver; July 11 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 01:10 PM   #318
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah. I don't understand his mind frame either. He might be one of those types of athletes that has just only known one thing their entire lives and has unable to give it up. His business management of his finances doesn't seem very good either, not to mention his personal life. It's sad to see, because I have long respected and admired him since I was a little kid, even though I wasn't always a fan of his.

Old July 11 2012, 01:19 PM   #319
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

Admiral M wrote: View Post
I'd really like to see back in WWE, if anything so he will be provided with financial stability and good role models and the chance to be in the limelight without having to don the trunks and do blade jobs.
I'm sure they'll hire him once the whole TNA suing them thing has fizzled out, but in the meantime he will make the round in the indies I guess, like Juggalo Championship Wrestling.
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 01:29 PM   #320
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

In many ways, I think Daniel Bryan is the contemporary Ric Flair and I'm pretty sure WWE has picked up on this too and have finally realised one of the many reasons as to why they should get behind him:

- Repetitive (and always over) one word signature utterance: "Wooo!!"/"YES!!"
- Use a famous classical piece of music as their entrance themes
- Seen as technical wrestling masters of their generation.
- Very over with the crowd either way, but really shine in the heel roles.
- Signature entrance attire: Flair's robes/Bryan's leather jackets and coats.
- Signature strike: Flair's chops/Bryan's Puro style kicks.
- Use a submission as a finisher: Flair's figure four leglock/Bryan's YES! lock.
- Distinguished minor league background before making it big: Flair in NWA territories/Bryan in ROH, PWG, FIP, etc.
Old July 13 2012, 10:50 AM   #321
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

One year ago WWE had one of the hottest angles/story lines when CM Punk threatened to leave the company when his contract expired as the WWE Champion if he beat John Cena at Money in the Bank. Interest in this storyline was immense as fans every where were questioning if this was a gimmick or real. In reality it was really an awesome way of repackaging CM Punk into an anti-hero type character after his boring heel character had basically run it's course. He and John Cena had one of the best matches fans have seen in a very long time. The crowd was in a frenzy and electric

One year later and all that interest and momentum has been lost, but CM Punk has remained one of the most popular WWE Champions in recent history and served as the longest reigning champion in recent history as well. Is anyone really that excited for Money in the Bank 2012 this year? Can we expect a title change as significant as the one from last year? I frankly don't think so the way the booking as basically gone since last year. So since I'm bored, here are my picks for the known matches so far, keep in mind I haven't been able to watch Raw or Smackdown recently so I might be a bit off:

Pre-Show (Once again the WWE Tag Team Titles are not being defended on a PPV). Kofi Kingston and R-Truth Vs Hunico and Camacho (Non title match I guess)

Winners: Kingston and R-Truth

Big Show Vs Kane Vs Chris Jericho Vs John Cena (Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE Championship contract)

Winner: The Jericholoic in me wants to pick Jericho, but I think Cena is gonig to win this. He's been out of the championship picture for much longer than I originally thought.

Damien Sandow (Who?) Vs Tyson Kidd Vs Christian Vs Santino Marella Vs Tensai Vs Cody Rhodes (Money in the Bank Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship contract)

Winner: This could be a Jack Swagger type situation here...maybe Tyson Kidd? I'd like to see Cody win this.

Sheamus (c) Vs Alberto Del Rio (World Heavyweight Championship)

Winner: Sheamus

CM Punk (c) Vs Daniel Bryan (Money in the Bank Ladder Match for the WWE Championship With AJ as special guest referee)

Winner: CM Punk. I'm actually nervous about this match LOL. I could see it going either way. I doubt they'll take the title off Punk though with two weeks to go before episode 1000. Oh and AJ will have some kind of significant impact in this match as well.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; July 13 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old July 13 2012, 04:39 PM   #322
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Damien Sandow (Who?)
IMO, the most entertaining new heel in WWE in ages. He was promoted from FCW to Smackdown a few months ago which would be why you haven't heard of him.

He's basically doing a modern-day version of Lanny Poffo's "Genius" schtick but does so really well. Hasn't been in any matches against non-jobbers yet, but at initial glance appears to be decent in the ring (I didn't follow his early career so I have no clue how he performs in the ring).
Old July 13 2012, 05:23 PM   #323
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Batista's first MMA fight confirmed.

This should be a laugh, considering Batista is at least 43 years old (his DOB is a matter of dispute, some say 1969, others say 1966) and going against a guy who is 10 years younger than him with four fights (3-1-0) to his name!

I sense the possibility of a WWE comeback as early as Royal Rumble!
Old July 14 2012, 02:42 AM   #324
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I find it interesting that when I watch Raw now, the most interesting character is a WWE Diva, AJ. Everything about her right now is interesting and I hope they do her right in Money in the Bank. I'm also hoping this kind of changes the Diva division and the writers realize they don't have to write the whole "Sex Sells" thing for the divas to make them interesting. A little bit of that can go a long way, just make sure the stories are right. Kharma proved this too when she was in storylines.
Old July 14 2012, 04:27 AM   #325
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, and Justin Roberts were involved in a car accident en route to comic con. Zack says they're okay.

http://www.wwe.com/news/zack-ryder-d...a-car-accident

Old July 15 2012, 09:48 PM   #326
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

My MITB Predictions:

World Heavyweight Championship Contract MITB ladder match - Dolph Ziggler

WWE Championship Contract MITB ladder match - The "5th man"

WWE Championship - Daniel Bryan (new WWE Champion)

World Heavyweight Championship - Sheamus (retains WHC)

The man WWE can't trademark (Ryback) - will defeat two jobbers or a low/mid carder

I'm making some out of the box picks purely because I think WWE is aiming for a night of swerves.
Old July 16 2012, 03:56 AM   #327
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Dolph Ziggler won, John Cena won (Admiral M) the prediction you made earlier looks like it could become a reality. CM Punk retained his WWE Title and AJ looks like she wasn't a major factor in this match. I think Cena and Ziggler are new champions by the end of the summer time.

Old July 16 2012, 04:47 AM   #328
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Ugh, it seemed that every match from start to finish had the wrong guy jobbing... with the possible exception of Dolph Ziggler.
Old July 16 2012, 03:37 PM   #329
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

I enjoyed mitb ppv. The one complaint I have is that they made thw tag team champion ship a dark match. What the hell it's like the don't care about the tag teams any more. I thought brining in the miz was great.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2012, 03:46 PM   #330
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

I was surprised at how different Miz looks - in a good way. His new look actually gives him a hell of a lot of presence! Now all that's left to do is change his theme music, put him in a couple of programs with top level talent who excel at getting their opponents over as much as themselves and he could easily be WWE Champion by the end of the year.