Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 8 2012, 08:31 AM   #691
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

Yeah, very cool.

It would have been neat if they'd done a poster similar to this one, but with Gandalf, Bilbo, and the Dwarves instead.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2012, 10:48 AM   #692
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Who knows, they might still do that. *crosses fingers*

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2012, 12:22 AM   #693
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Entertainment Weekly has posted a long photo scroll of ten different scenes stiched together. It's really cool and it includes our first look at Beorn!

Old July 10 2012, 12:37 AM   #694
JD
Admiral

That is gorgeous.
Old July 10 2012, 12:56 AM   #695
Skywalker
Admiral

Wow, that's really cool. I've never seen anything like that before.
Old July 10 2012, 04:40 AM   #696
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

I took a closer look at this and I noticed something that I can't quite identify. In the scene next to Bag End, directly above the giant stone pot, there's something lurking in the woods. Is that another form of Beorn or something else? It doesn't look like a warg because we see what they look like further down.

Old July 10 2012, 05:33 AM   #697
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile

Emh wrote: View Post
I took a closer look at this and I noticed something that I can't quite identify. In the scene next to Bag End, directly above the giant stone pot, there's something lurking in the woods. Is that another form of Beorn or something else? It doesn't look like a warg because we see what they look like further down.
It's either Bill, Bert, or Tom, I presume.
Old July 10 2012, 06:32 AM   #698
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

InklingStar wrote: View Post
It's either Bill, Bert, or Tom, I presume.
I thought of that but the size and shape doesn't seem right, especially in comparison to how we've seen their lower bodies (in the trailer).

Old July 10 2012, 06:38 AM   #699
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

One of the Goblins from under the Misty Mountains? AFAIK, we haven't seen those designs yet.
Old July 10 2012, 09:17 AM   #700
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

TheOneRing.Net has posted a scene-by-scene analysis of the Scroll. In regards to my earlier question, TORN believes its the trolls, although oddly they refer to only two. In closer examination I see all three of them (one on the right side and two on the left).

Old July 10 2012, 11:34 AM   #701
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

It has to be the trolls, chronologically speaking.
Old July 10 2012, 11:55 AM   #702
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Yeah and it fits with the stone cauldron and the dwarves being tied up. I just don't like the appearance of them but the lighting is pretty poor to properly judge.

Old July 10 2012, 12:20 PM   #703
Skywalker
Admiral

I love how this thing is basically a summary of the first movie. I found a link (via TheOneRing.net) to a much larger version. Check it out. It's almost 9000 pixels wide.
Old July 11 2012, 03:44 AM   #704
JD
Admiral

TheOneRing.Net has posted a scene-by-scene analysis of the Scroll. In regards to my earlier question, TORN believes its the trolls, although oddly they refer to only two. In closer examination I see all three of them (one on the right side and two on the left).
They look a lot less human than expected. I only noticed the closer one, and I though it was some kind of cat or something. I didn't even think of the Trolls.
Old July 15 2012, 08:06 PM   #705
DWF
Vice Admiral

And now there's talk of a possible trilogy, I don't know if I like that idea or not.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote