Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 4 2012, 02:52 AM   #901
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I'm looking forward most to Uncanny Avengers and Avengers. Lame way to "return" Jean back to the fans if you ask me. Not at all interested in another time travel to the present so the original X-Men can be appalled by what is going on in the present story. What's more is that I'm not looking forward to X-Men characters written by Bendis who has shown in Avengers Vs X-Men and anything else he's written with them, that he doesn't know how to write those characters.

Interesting to find out if the rest of Rich's check list turns out to be true over the next few days.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; July 4 2012 at 03:50 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 03:07 AM   #902
JD
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Looks like Rich may have been right...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/jean...en-return.html

It does appear to be a magazine scan article. Looks like the FF are getting redesigned costumes again, as is Scott.

I hope the Bendis "X-Men" plot thing isn't true. Marvel did that story already last summer with their lame First to Last story arc by Christopher Yost.
IGN has a bigger, and better quality version of that picture.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 03:10 AM   #903
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

^ Which actually comes from Entertainment Weekly, in the story I linked above. EW was Marvel's go-to for the official confirmation of this Marvel NOW initiative.

Anyway, Admiral_Young, even though I personally have no emotional investment in the Jean Grey situation, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote about Bendis and this time travel plot. I hope All-New X-Men ends up being the only X-book he writes. That also seems like an odd title to give to the very first team.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 03:29 AM   #904
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

It's rumored that he'll be taking over Uncanny X-Men as well *shudders*. I suspect that we'll get the rest of the details and Rich's checklist confirmed or rejected next week at SDCC.

Old July 4 2012, 03:39 AM   #905
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Right. I'm just trying to remain as optimistic for as long as I can that that rumor won't pan out.
Old July 4 2012, 03:49 AM   #906
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah me too...but I fear Rich has been on the money so far with this...so I'm anticipating being disappointed lol.

Old July 4 2012, 04:35 AM   #907
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Good thing I'm not hung up on X-Men current continuity of the past 10+yrs so I'm not to concerned about things.

As long as Rucka's Punisher run continues I'm fine. I didn't read the link since I'm guessing it's all about Avengers and X-Men.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 04:42 AM   #908
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

You didn't read the story about Punisher War Zone last week @Captain Craig? Frank's going to be involved in a big story this fall. He's targeting Avengers!!!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...is-is-war.html

Yes the relaunch line concerns mostly Avengers and X-Men, but also has to do deal with some other books which haven't been confirmed yet. Such as Captain America, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, etc. We'll probably be hearing about cancellations at SDCC and new books as well IMO.

Old July 4 2012, 04:52 AM   #909
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
You didn't read the story about Punisher War Zone last week @Captain Craig? Frank's going to be involved in a big story this fall. He's targeting Avengers!!!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...is-is-war.html

Yes the relaunch line concerns mostly Avengers and X-Men, but also has to do deal with some other books which haven't been confirmed yet. Such as Captain America, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, etc. We'll probably be hearing about cancellations at SDCC and new books as well IMO.
No, I was a bit disconnected last week. Had a business conference in San Diego, of all places, and missed plenty. This would be on the list. Thanks for linking.

So this is going to be a new ongoing then or just a micro standalone event? Kinda sounds like a new ongoing, which if it is likely means Rucka's book is ending and this is relaunch #14/15/16--heck I loose count. Just wish Marvel would let a 616 Punisher ride. This reboot/renumber irritates the tar out of me.
Old July 4 2012, 04:59 AM   #910
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Unknown about War Zone. The full details are supposed to be revealed at the Amazing Spider-Man panel at SDCC (since he and Daredevil) are part of the Spider-Man book group now. I haven't heard anything about Ruka's book being cancelled though as part of this.

Old July 4 2012, 05:58 AM   #911
shivkala
Rear Admiral

^
I kind of hope, being the continuity nerd I am, that the Omega Drive from Daredevil does play into Punisher: Warzone. The crossover with Daredevil and The Avenging Spider-Man prompted me to buy The Punisher for the first time since the Venom/Punisher mini-series (Hey, it was the 90's, and it had a holo-foil cover, don't judge me! ). I really enjoyed the crossover (for clarification, The Omega Drive crossover. The Punisher/Venom crossover, not so much), especially Punisher's role in it. I really like Rucka's writing, but am a bit hesitant to go back and buy the book based on one issue. Maybe the trade of the first few issues someday.

Anyway, am I alone in thinking the premise of having him target the Avengers seems similar to the recent X-Sanction story where it was Cable targeting the Avengers?
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 06:02 AM   #912
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^Not at all...and that's kind of why I'm not interested in it myself. I assume this has to do with fall out from "Avengers Vs X-Men" though. Frank has kind of been isolated for the most part from this, so who knows how they'll introduce this story. I'm still kind of looking forward to Punisher in Space even though it's own thing

An interesting observation that I just made. Avenging Spider-Man #9 comes out a week before Carol's actual book comes out, so Avenging Spider-Man #9 seems to be the debut of her new Captain Marvel look. I would have thought Marvel would have waited a week to release this...but oh well.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; July 4 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old July 4 2012, 02:58 PM   #913
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

For any Punisher fans out there that may be interested the Remender Punisher Omnibus it can be gotten for 50% off at cheapgraphicnovels.com -- so it's $50. Downside is that site still has you pay shipping of $6 but it's cheaper than Amazon or InStockTrades(I site I like that does free s&h over $50).
Old July 5 2012, 12:03 AM   #914
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

It's amusing for me to hear InStockTrades mentioned... I know several people who used to work at their brick-and-mortar store (Discount Comic Book Service), I've met the owners (one of them even came to my apartment once for the birthday party of a friend who worked there), and I've been a local customer in the past. Even though I'm aware that DCBS and IST have a significant internet business presence, I almost never see it mentioned anywhere.
Old July 5 2012, 02:09 AM   #915
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

I ordered it from cheapgraphicnovels (my first ever purchase from them) but prefer IST when discounts are the same due to not only free shipping over $50 but their packing method. If you've never ordered from them they ship the TPB in a secure foam core virtually eliminating the possibility of damage during shipping.

Are they fairly cool people and/or customer service friendly in person?