Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old April 25 2012, 05:45 AM   #2281
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

^ Takeshi Kitano?
Old April 28 2012, 07:10 PM   #2282
Cap'n Crunch
Captain

Kertrats47 wrote: View Post
Speaking of Andreas Katsulas, I always hear his voice whenever Ambassador Jetanian is speaking.
I always head the voice of the Xindi Arboreal Jannar from Enterprise, played by Rick Worthy.
Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that. - John Marston, Red Dead Redemption
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2012, 11:30 PM   #2283
Christopher
Writer

While reading Raise the Dawn, I had an idea for whom to cast as Gell Kamemor, the Romulan Praetor. Before, I'd been imagining her as an elderly matron, maybe a Judi Dench type, but the book described her as relatively younger, middle-aged but still with black hair. And something about the way she was described in a particular scene, the way she reacted to an upsetting situation with calm and poise, reminded me very much of Olivia Williams's performance as Adele DeWitt in Dollhouse. And Williams's shorter hairstyle in season 2 of that series did look a bit Romulan. Maybe she's a bit young for the part, but otherwise I think she's a good choice.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2012, 11:53 PM   #2284
Stoek
Commander

View Stoek's Twitter Profile

Christopher wrote: View Post
While reading Raise the Dawn, I had an idea for whom to cast as Gell Kamemor, the Romulan Praetor. Before, I'd been imagining her as an elderly matron, maybe a Judi Dench type, but the book described her as relatively younger, middle-aged but still with black hair. And something about the way she was described in a particular scene, the way she reacted to an upsetting situation with calm and poise, reminded me very much of Olivia Williams's performance as Adele DeWitt in Dollhouse. And Williams's shorter hairstyle in season 2 of that series did look a bit Romulan. Maybe she's a bit young for the part, but otherwise I think she's a good choice.
That's a good thought. I have to admit that for myself I heard Salome Jens voice when I read much of Kamemor's dialogue. The cadences of some of the longer passages brought to mind the combination of steel and sympathy that she used as the "female" changeling when talking to Odo.
Stoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2012, 12:37 AM   #2285
Paper Moon
Commander

Hmm, I don't know Olivia Williams, but I do know Judi Dench; I could see her as Kamemor (I've been having trouble casting her), although I think I could see her better as Bacco. Hmm, yeah: Judi Dench with an American, ideally a New York/New England-ish, accent. Okay, I have my Bacco!

And yeah, after having looked her up, and watched her on YouTube, Olivia Williams would make a good Kamemor, although I do think she's a little too young. (And I personally would need the accent to be a little gentler to fit the limited notions I do have about Kamemor.)

Anyone have any ideas for casting Anxo Rogeiro?
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2012, 12:49 AM   #2286
Christopher
Writer

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
Anyone have any ideas for casting Anxo Rogeiro?
I think I had someone in mind while reading Plagues of Night, but I'm not sure I remember who it was. I think it was probably Esai Morales, since he had a recurring role on Fairly Legal during the time when I read the book.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2012, 06:08 AM   #2287
WarsTrek1993
Captain

Benjamin Bratt (Clear and Present Danger) as Rogeiro, perhaps?
And Rachel Weisz as Kamemor (though Olivia Williams isn't so bad, either).
All of the appearing TNG, DS9, and TOS actors would come back, respectfully.
Who could play Jefferson Blackmer?
WarsTrek1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2012, 09:57 PM   #2288
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Kamemor: Carolyn Seymour.
Old July 3 2012, 10:15 PM   #2289
Paper Moon
Commander

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Kamemor: Carolyn Seymour.
No offense, but I've hated her in the Romulan roles she's played. (Actually in the "First Contact" [episode, not movie] too.) I mean, I can definitely see her as Kamemor, and of course my reaction is totally subjective and idiosyncratic, but still. One of my least favorite Trek actors/actresses there.
Old July 3 2012, 10:31 PM   #2290
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ Sorry.
Old July 3 2012, 10:35 PM   #2291
Paper Moon
Commander

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ Sorry.
Aw man, no need to apologize! I should be the one apologizing for reacting so vehemently! I am sorry.
Old July 3 2012, 10:38 PM   #2292
Epsilon IX
Fleet Captain

Whilst we're on the subject of Kamemor, I imagined Vanessa Regrave in the role. This was after seeing her in Ralph Fiennes' Coriolanus in which we saw her in some kind of position of power and influence as the mother of the title character. Also in terms of age, I think she fits the look of the character.
Old July 3 2012, 11:48 PM   #2293
Thrawn
Rear Admiral

This is a really good call, actually. I hadn't imagined her that way, but when you mention it, I can totally see it.
Old July 3 2012, 11:53 PM   #2294
Sho
Fleet Captain

We should reverse things for a change. Who should Carla Gugino play?
Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 12:28 AM   #2295
Paper Moon
Commander

^^^ In this vein, I was actually thinking just this morning, "Who in TrekLit could I cast Tony Shalhoub as?"