To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 18 2012, 01:59 AM   #1966
Saturn0660
Rear Admiral

View Saturn0660's Twitter Profile
Re: Minecraft

I guess the key is to make sure we are closing your gates as we go through them.
Old June 18 2012, 02:55 AM   #1967
Kestra
Vice Admiral

I'm going to post about the subway on the server forum so everyone sees it, but make sure to check it!
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 02:19 PM   #1968
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I would point out that when it comes to chickens, you may need fences 2 high rather than 1 high, because chickens can jump over 1 high (I think.)
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 04:34 PM   #1969
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Yes, you're right, Dac. I think we'll eventually figure something out next time you're on. B.J too! All of it is still a work in progress as we just added my house to it a few nights ago, and it's only a matter of time before we start working on either of yours.
Feel free to go ahead and get that started without me if you like. I won't be around for a couple of weeks since I'm taking my family on vacation.
Old June 18 2012, 09:39 PM   #1970
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I would point out that when it comes to chickens, you may need fences 2 high rather than 1 high, because chickens can jump over 1 high (I think.)
I don't know if that's true. I was looking it up and people are saying they can jump higher when attacked, but I think normally the fence should keep them in. I have had them for a long time without any problems, and the ones at my village farm have never escaped the one-high fence except through open gates.

Chickens are better at finding an escape route than other animals, however.

The first time I noticed all my chickens were gone from my house yard, both of my gates had been left open. I don't know how long it was like that because I normally have the sound off and I don't always go in my house through the gates so they could have been gone for quite some time. The second time I noticed there weren't that many, I checked the perimeter and a dirt block was missing from under the fence. I'm assuming an endermen had been there and taken it, and I repaired it.

I haven't had any issues since then and there are a lot of chickens in the yard now.

Also I don't want people to stress out if a chicken gets out or gets into the house. It's not that big a deal, and honestly I often find a chicken or some eggs in my house. I kind of like it. I just felt really bad when they were all gone.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 10:09 PM   #1971
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Kind of makes you wish for auto-closing fence gates, doesn't it? I don't know if pressure plates would work for them, but at the same time, I find pressure plates to look out of place sometimes because you can't make them out of wool and use the same colour as the environment around it. Kind of also makes you wish you could tag animals as a way to keep track of them. At least with sheep, you can kind of keep track of them due to colour.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 12:06 AM   #1972
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Well I've finally hit land on my Mooshroom journey, which comes with a whole new set of challenges. Namely hangers-on. Its amazing how popular you become with a bundle of wheat in your hand.

Also, for those who've yet to warp to 'mushroom jungle', here are a couple of caps from atop a peak. Quite epic I think, and an interesting place to live. I'll probably be paying it more visits in the future to use up some of my extra bonemeal to grow more giant shrooms. The jungle of course is just amazing.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; June 24 2012 at 05:19 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 03:59 AM   #1973
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I definitely intend to go back to that jungle. Also Phil, I've got the 20 diamonds for you that Xan mined. If you warp to "hivestore" and turn around, you'll see one chest next to three furnaces. The diamonds in there are yours.
Old June 24 2012, 05:20 AM   #1974
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Kestra wrote: View Post
Yeah, I definitely intend to go back to that jungle. Also Phil, I've got the 20 diamonds for you that Xan mined. If you warp to "hivestore" and turn around, you'll see one chest next to three furnaces. The diamonds in there are yours.
Thanks guys. I'll pop in and pick them up. Much appreciated.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old June 29 2012, 01:36 AM   #1975
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

The Moo's and I are spending the night at a newly discovered Village that's sitting smack on top of an extensive cave/mine complex.

Warp 'lostvillage'
Old July 7 2012, 02:34 AM   #1976
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Okay so we have an August 1st release date for 1.3 this week, as well as a new bugfixing snapshot.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/5...news/#comments

But more importantly, The Mooshrooms's have arrived and are settled in at Mooshroom Valley, currently under construction behind spawn. Stop by for a complimentary bowl of fresh mushroom stew!

I'm thinking of shutting down the broken squid tank in the zoo and replacing it with a Moo cage.
Old July 7 2012, 02:55 AM   #1977
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

What's wrong with the squid tank?
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2012, 03:11 AM   #1978
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
What's wrong with the squid tank?
Every time I've checked over the past several months, its been devoid of squid.
Old July 7 2012, 08:56 PM   #1979
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Yeah, the problem has been the squid spawners specifically . For some reason, this has been broken for quite awhile now, and it's something they never bothered to fix yet. Same thing is happening with the spawner near the Titanic. Never outputs any squid.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2012, 03:29 AM   #1980
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Ah well, if it ever gets fixed, I'll set up a new one. For now, its gonna be the home of a couple of Moo's.

Iwish there was a way to keep wolves from spawning though. For some reason they seem to have a fondness for cake.