RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,140
Posts: 5,401,889
Members: 24,748
Currently online: 419
Newest member: ChrisCrash

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 24 2012, 01:18 AM   #1981
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Squiggy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Is there any way to skip the God awful Bajoran fire cave mission? The NPC pathing is odious so I have zero crew support at the point where I have to fight two Guls at once.

I'm stuck.
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 01:37 AM   #1982
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Squiggy wrote: View Post
Is there any way to skip the God awful Bajoran fire cave mission? The NPC pathing is odious so I have zero crew support at the point where I have to fight two Guls at once.

I'm stuck.
A tip: Don't use Engineers who create turrets, mines or generators of any sort. Those stuff makes NPC pathing really, really bad on this map. Without turrets, my bridge officers can usually find their way to me if I give them a minute or two.

If you're really stuck, all missions can be skipped. Just open your journal (press "J") and locate the mission under "Episodes". There should be a skip button.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 01:50 AM   #1983
Aeolusdallas
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Tholians
<snip> moved to screenshot thread

Last edited by Aeolusdallas; June 24 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 07:49 AM   #1984
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Would it be better to post the picture in our STO screenshots thread?
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 12:59 PM   #1985
Aeolusdallas
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Would it be better to post the picture in our STO screenshots thread?
Good point..
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 04:42 PM   #1986
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Squiggy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Squiggy wrote: View Post
Is there any way to skip the God awful Bajoran fire cave mission? The NPC pathing is odious so I have zero crew support at the point where I have to fight two Guls at once.

I'm stuck.
A tip: Don't use Engineers who create turrets, mines or generators of any sort. Those stuff makes NPC pathing really, really bad on this map. Without turrets, my bridge officers can usually find their way to me if I give them a minute or two.

If you're really stuck, all missions can be skipped. Just open your journal (press "J") and locate the mission under "Episodes". There should be a skip button.
I didn't, and I still had to die 30 times and whittle my way through the level. Finally got it done though.

Sheesh.
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 05:07 PM   #1987
SilentP
Commodore
 
SilentP's Avatar
 
Location: is in a very lonely Corner of the Circle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I dread having to redo that mission...only thing I can think of is trying to use the waypoint thingy to force them to walk along with you.
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 06:51 PM   #1988
Ruaidhri
Commodore
 
Ruaidhri's Avatar
 
Location: Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

That mission gave me nightmares for that very reason. Eventually I started luring bad guys back to where my officers kept getting stuck so my guys would actually contribute to the mission. Aargh.
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 08:05 PM   #1989
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
That mission gave me nightmares for that very reason. Eventually I started luring bad guys back to where my officers kept getting stuck so my guys would actually contribute to the mission. Aargh.
One of the reasons to like the Tactical class is that you can summon some red shirts to help you fight the boss in the level, of course if they ever let us transfer bound items via the account bank I might also have any tacs I do the mission with borrow it so I can summon a full away team for the boss fight.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 08:36 PM   #1990
Ruaidhri
Commodore
 
Ruaidhri's Avatar
 
Location: Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
That mission gave me nightmares for that very reason. Eventually I started luring bad guys back to where my officers kept getting stuck so my guys would actually contribute to the mission. Aargh.
One of the reasons to like the Tactical class is that you can summon some red shirts to help you fight the boss in the level, of course if they ever let us transfer bound items via the account bank I might also have any tacs I do the mission with borrow it so I can summon a full away team for the boss fight.
Oh my god, I use that ability all the time. Every time I get to a boss, call for reinforcements. If I die, wait a minute and the cooldown will be over and call for more. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 01:26 PM   #1991
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Squiggy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

SilentP wrote: View Post
I dread having to redo that mission...only thing I can think of is trying to use the waypoint thingy to force them to walk along with you.
Didn't work. They ran to the way point and then back and then to and then back. Over and over again.

Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
That mission gave me nightmares for that very reason. Eventually I started luring bad guys back to where my officers kept getting stuck so my guys would actually contribute to the mission. Aargh.
Also didn't work. They just ran around ignoring the Cardassians.

That entire mission should be blown up.
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 06:21 PM   #1992
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

They're far too busy creating NEW bugged content (read: grindfests) to fix the obviously bugged content that's already out there...
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 07:07 PM   #1993
Blamo
Fleet Captain
 
Location: UK
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

In addition to Heretic, Gozer is now leaving.
Blamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 07:14 PM   #1994
syberghost
Commander
 
syberghost's Avatar
 
Location: STO official forums community moderator
View syberghost's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Blamo wrote: View Post
In addition to Heretic, Gozer is now leaving.
Again.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 09:05 PM   #1995
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Aaaaaaand there goes the pvp revamp!
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, onlne, star trek online, sto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.