Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 22 2012, 10:55 PM   #31
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: New Fan Collective????

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Elias Vaughn wrote: View Post
Here's my suggestion: a Vaughn Armstrong fan collective!

(I'm not joking.)
You spelled Suzi Plakson wrong.

How many episodes did she actually appear in, though? Maybe one or two TNG, and one Voyager. Hardly enough for a collective...
3 TNG
1 VOY
1 ENT

IMDB, doesn't seem to mention it, but, I thought she was the seductive Augment in DS9's Jack Pack episodes?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 10:58 PM   #32
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ No, that was Hilary Shepard Turner.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 11:00 PM   #33
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

^ No, that was Hilary Shepard Turner.
I've always believed that was Keylehr <turns in Trekkie Card in shame >

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 11:05 PM   #34
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ They do look alike, though. If I didn't know any better I probably would have thought it was Suzie. Lauren does look rather Lady Q-ish...
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old June 23 2012, 01:47 AM   #35
The Wormhole
Admiral

sonak wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
The collectives worked best when they were completist, like the "Borg" or "Q" ones. The time travel one was (inevitably) missing quite a bit, as was the Klingon one. The alternate realities one was a great collection as was the captain's log.

I'd like to see another one eventually.
All the sets with the exception of the Q one (which was literally every Q episode ever) were fan voted episodes thus "Fan Collective"). StarTrek.com had a list of episodes that fans voted for, and the top 10 got selected.

There were some excpetions. The Alternate Reality set included all the MU episodes plus the top 10 other alternate reality timelines. The Captain's Log set included the favourite episode of each captain's actor plus the other top 10 episodes.

I already knew how they were selected, I was just saying that the process meant that episodes that should really have been included(like "assignment earth" for time travel, or "day of the dove" for the Klingons) were not.
It doesn't bother me that certain episodes were excluded. Those episodes were included in the voting list, and clearly not enough people voted them.

It did bother me that the Klingon set included such episodes as The Trouble with Tribbles, Trials and Tribble-Ations and Broken Bow. Those aren't really Klingon episodes, they're episodes which feature Klingons, so why they were even included in the voting list I don't get. The Alternate Reality set also took some liberties in what it considered an alternate reality.

Then there's the weird bit with TATV showing up as a fan voted episode on the Captain's Log set. I was unaware there were any fans who liked TATV, let alone enough who voted it over all other Archer-centred episodes of Enterprise. Even Scott Bakula expressed surprise over that in an interview included on the DVD.
Old June 23 2012, 08:10 PM   #36
Elias Vaughn
Captain

Sindatur wrote: View Post

How many episodes did she actually appear in, though? Maybe one or two TNG, and one Voyager. Hardly enough for a collective...
3 TNG
1 VOY
1 ENT

IMDB, doesn't seem to mention it, but, I thought she was the seductive Augment in DS9's Jack Pack episodes?
Huh. Could have sworn she was in more than that.
Elias Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 02:52 AM   #37
The Wormhole
Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post

3 TNG
1 VOY
1 ENT

Huh. Could have sworn she was in more than that.
Dr. Selar is mentioned quite often throughout TNG despite only having one actual apperance.
Old July 2 2012, 09:18 PM   #38
arsenal6
Ensign

The reason why there was select episdoes of the Klingons because there too many of episodes featuring them. Yes you are right the fan collectoin series should include evry episode but i think the rule should be bent if the subtance has too many features.
As for the Romulans I think every episode should be put as this will shoe some out oline of the Romulans.
arsenal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2012, 09:45 PM   #39
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Here's my suggestion: a Vaughn Armstrong fan collective!

(I'm not joking.)

Armstrong appeared in more episodes. You could fill TWO fan collectives with just his stuff!
Old July 3 2012, 01:24 AM   #40
The Wormhole
Admiral

^^Two fan collectives would be pushing it. He appeared in 28 episodes, 15 of those as Admiral Forrest. I doubt you'd need to include every Forrest episode, a handful of key Forrest episodes, plus the other 13 episodes he was various aliens. And even then, the guy played a few aliens which were just there for a scene or two.
Old July 4 2012, 03:05 AM   #41
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

How about this for the VA Fan Collective:

- ENT "First Flight", "In a Mirror, Darkly" Part I

- TNG "Heart of Glory"

- DS9 "Past Prologue," "When It Rains", "The Dogs of War"

- VOY "Eye of the Needle"