RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,609
Posts: 5,404,996
Members: 24,869
Currently online: 586
Newest member: Engelbert

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Gold Key Archives Vol. 2 Comic
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Cumberbatch In War Of Roses Miniseries
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Trek 3 Filming Location Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 22 2012, 12:23 PM   #1966
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Yeah, Gozer is PVP and STF. Heretic is Doff and Starbases and was designated Systemdesigner for First Officer and Department Head system.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 06:38 PM   #1967
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Ha, crap, yep.

Too bad on Heretic. DOFFs and the upcoming Starbases are pretty much all we've gotten recently, and IMO saved the game from already being dead. The First Officer/Department Head thing, however, was a dud. Unless I'm missing something, doesn't appear to actually DO anything, other than give you a tab to pretend with. Are there effects based on who is in those slots, or does it simply affect which picture shows up when a BOFF needs to tell you something?
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 08:05 PM   #1968
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Actually that system was to be expanded originally... The dep heads were supposed to "consume" doffs to enhance their own stats and First officer was supposed to receive special Number 1 powers and even number one play...
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 08:12 PM   #1969
SilentP
Commodore
 
SilentP's Avatar
 
Location: is in a very lonely Corner of the Circle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I know that was the plan, has that been dropped from being a future feature in the near term (or at least near term as it gets with ST:O)?
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 10:17 PM   #1970
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

It's definitely closer to never than soon.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 10:36 PM   #1971
hamudm
Rear Admiral
 
hamudm's Avatar
 
Location: Langley, B.C., Canada
View hamudm's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
hamudm wrote: View Post
I just started playing this on the weekend and for some reason, I'm unable to beam up from Vega Colony in the training mission. I just stand around like a jackass after disabling the Borg comm relay while everyone around me beams up. I think it's a glitch. I've thought about deleting my avatar and starting the game again, seeing as I'm only an hour into it, but I can't be arsed.

Anyone else have this problem?
Its been a long time since I last did that mission, but if I remember correctly there are several more tasks to complete in a deeper section of the colony. Have a look at your journal or look for markers on your ground map (press"M").
Thanks guys!
__________________
hamudm's DVD's
hamudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 02:26 AM   #1972
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Actually that system was to be expanded originally... The dep heads were supposed to "consume" doffs to enhance their own stats and First officer was supposed to receive special Number 1 powers and even number one play...
But as of right now, does NOTHING other than choosing which picture to display when a BOFF reads a report, right?

At least, I haven't found any differences...

Like MANY things in this game, it was half-assed to start, and then abandoned rather than fixed/finished/removed. So many things that would have been cool with a little more planning/work, but were just put out and abandoned instead
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 02:33 AM   #1973
Aeolusdallas
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Actually that system was to be expanded originally... The dep heads were supposed to "consume" doffs to enhance their own stats and First officer was supposed to receive special Number 1 powers and even number one play...
But as of right now, does NOTHING other than choosing which picture to display when a BOFF reads a report, right?

At least, I haven't found any differences...

Like MANY things in this game, it was half-assed to start, and then abandoned rather than fixed/finished/removed. So many things that would have been cool with a little more planning/work, but were just put out and abandoned instead
Well Dept heads have their own Doff missions.
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 11:47 AM   #1974
SilentP
Commodore
 
SilentP's Avatar
 
Location: is in a very lonely Corner of the Circle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

^ Though I think they may be identical to the ones that you get from the officers on the interior of your ships (First Officer=Diplomatic Attache in the ready room, Chief Engineer=Engineering Officer on the Engineering Deck etc.).
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 12:06 PM   #1975
Blamo
Fleet Captain
 
Location: UK
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Starbases are up for testing on Tribble.

However I quit testing them as soon as the Dev said it'd take weeks before even a dedicated fleet could reach tier 1 (which would unlock the bank and mail etc).

Lost all interest.
Blamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 02:30 PM   #1976
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Actually that system was to be expanded originally... The dep heads were supposed to "consume" doffs to enhance their own stats and First officer was supposed to receive special Number 1 powers and even number one play...
But as of right now, does NOTHING other than choosing which picture to display when a BOFF reads a report, right?

At least, I haven't found any differences...

Like MANY things in this game, it was half-assed to start, and then abandoned rather than fixed/finished/removed. So many things that would have been cool with a little more planning/work, but were just put out and abandoned instead
Well Dept heads have their own Doff missions.
And near as I can tell, picking a white human science officer as first officer doesn't do anything differently than a purple tac officer. The missions on the ship are just at certain spots, and they use the picture of whoever you picked to be, say, CMO, to give them to you. No functional differences
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 03:40 PM   #1977
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Well Cryptic is switching from C-points to Zen. I guess they got tired of having to explain the exchange rates to people who are convinced that their losing money on this when their not.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=280551

Also the prices will be adjusted which I was kind of hoping they would sort of forget about doing so things would be unintentionally cheaper.

Oh and everyone's favorite Crystal spiders are here

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=280841
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 04:09 PM   #1978
Briquettes
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I'm actually glad they are converting to Zen. It's always been a pain in the ass for me to figure out the real money cost of items on the C-Store with $1.00=80CP. Now, with $1.00=100 Zen I can tell at a glance if a ship is 2500 Zen it will cost $25.00, etc.

Also, the Tholians look awesome.
Briquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 05:16 PM   #1979
SilentP
Commodore
 
SilentP's Avatar
 
Location: is in a very lonely Corner of the Circle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Didn't we use to have a Doff Exchange thread around or am I going crazy?
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2012, 05:49 PM   #1980
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Briquettes wrote: View Post
I'm actually glad they are converting to Zen. It's always been a pain in the ass for me to figure out the real money cost of items on the C-Store with $1.00=80CP. Now, with $1.00=100 Zen I can tell at a glance if a ship is 2500 Zen it will cost $25.00, etc.
Plus we get to go back to just giving them money and getting the points to spend instead of the extra step of converting it.

On another note I hear the .5 Sovereign is supposed to become available before season 6 which means we will likely be getting it soon (the actual meaning of the word not Cryptic's in a sense of a larger amount of time meaning).
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, onlne, star trek online, sto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.