Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old June 16 2012, 10:38 PM   #796
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
All I have at the moment is the Firemare icon replacement for Firefox.
I can put them all in a folder and PM you a download link to all of the icons I use.

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 10:42 PM   #797
Gaseous Anomaly
Wacked out trippin dude™

My current desktop.

Gaseous Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 10:50 PM   #798
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2012, 12:24 AM   #799
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

J. Allen wrote: View Post
All I have at the moment is the Firemare icon replacement for Firefox.
I can put them all in a folder and PM you a download link to all of the icons I use.
Thanks
Old June 17 2012, 01:23 PM   #800
Australis
Writer

For some reason I really like the work of little known artist George Hann. This is one of his, of the Champs Elysees

"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 12:47 AM   #801
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Old June 18 2012, 12:50 AM   #802
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Mine:

Also;

I've been meaning to ask if you guys are 11 years old....
Old June 18 2012, 12:54 AM   #803
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Don't drag this out again, it caused enough problems the last time. And questioning the tastes of others for not liking what you like is hardly a sign of maturity in itself.

If this is some case of butthurt over my comments in your digirapture threads, please take it elsewhere.
Old June 18 2012, 01:08 AM   #804
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Don't drag this out again, it caused enough problems the last time. And questioning the tastes of others for not liking what you like is hardly a sign of maturity in itself.

If this is some case of butthurt over my comments in your digirapture threads, please take it elsewhere.
I had no idea anyone asked this question before...I don't remember doing it certainly, and it's a legitimate question considering the material...I don't have any problems with 11 year olds posting, so by all means continue.

I just had to look up who you are on the"digirapture" question, I didn't even remember you although now I see what you're talking about, I don't think you've ever said anything compelling enough to remember on the issue, so my apologies for not knowing.

RAMA
Old June 18 2012, 02:11 AM   #805
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 03:19 AM   #806
smiki
Captain

I don't actually change my desktop that much at all, so therefore this isn't actually my current desktop, but I just found it, and thought it was pretty cool, so I figured I should share it:

Full resolution
smiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 03:30 AM   #807
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

RAMA wrote: View Post
I had no idea anyone asked this question before...I don't remember doing it certainly, and it's a legitimate question considering the material...I don't have any problems with 11 year olds posting, so by all means continue.

I just had to look up who you are on the"digirapture" question, I didn't even remember you although now I see what you're talking about, I don't think you've ever said anything compelling enough to remember on the issue, so my apologies for not knowing.

RAMA
Just drop it.

smiki wrote: View Post
I don't actually change my desktop that much at all, so therefore this isn't actually my current desktop, but I just found it, and thought it was pretty cool, so I figured I should share it:

Full resolution
Is that from a movie? That is awesome!

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 06:35 AM   #808
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

Australis wrote: View Post
For some reason I really like the work of little known artist George Hann. This is one of his, of the Champs Elysees

That's really nice. I'm going to look his work up.

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 06:59 AM   #809
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

^ Agreed. Same here.
Old June 18 2012, 01:37 PM   #810
Australis
Writer

Be warned,there's more images out there than there used to be (you know who your friend is), but it's hard to find IRL.

TBH, what got me started was my wife bought two small framed reproductions (which believe ot or not, turned out to be framed placemats - someone just liked the pictures), and what struck me about them...

It seemed to me they were telling a story. I haven't found images of either of them yet, but here's two similar ones.

Cote d'Azur:

Avignon:

As in the two I have, notice the figures of a woman and child. In Avignon, she wears a red top and white skirt/pants, and the child blue top and orange pants. In Cote d'Azur she has a white top and yellow skirt, he has an orange top and blue pants.

When you see a range of his work, painted in London and some of northern France, they're very subdued, sombre, very pale grey day kind of thing. But the ones set in Provence and southern France, are vibrant and full of colour and light... and in the midst of them, those two figures. Granted they may simply be easy to paint, but the storyteller in me said, "What if...?" What if... an English painter travelled to France regularly to paint, and on the way fell in love and had a child that he placed in his paintings, to show that love in a discreet way? I have absolutely no idea if this has any truth (Hann, 1900-1979, was a British artist, and the uncle of contemporary artist Alan Furneaux, and he doesn't have a Wikipedia entry), but I was struck by the difference in his work, and those two figures. His work in Paris, like the desktop one, seems to be between the two, like French Flower Market and Rue Maubert and Quai Aux Fleurs, maybe something started there.

I'm going to turn that thought into a story, and soon. It'll be entirely fictional, of course, but it seems every time I look at (what I call) the sunlit paintings, those figures are there somewhere.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote