To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old June 14 2012, 04:56 AM   #31
Warp Core Breach
Commodore

Re: The All-New DALLAS!

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
The kids just remind me of all the reasons I don't watch the WB.
There is that, yep. But Hagman's still got it! I was laughing my way through all of his scenes. I'll keep watching since it's only a 10 episode season, I'm kind of interested to see how it shakes out.
Warp Core Breach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2012, 05:20 AM   #32
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
The person who sent the mysterious email that broke up Elaina and Christopher is Pam. I read the producers want her back, and her story was left open-ended.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2012, 09:48 AM   #33
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Patrick Duffy looks really good-- and Larry Hagman doesn't look bad, either, considering his age and illness.
Old June 14 2012, 01:27 PM   #34
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Warp Core Breach wrote: View Post
There is that, yep. But Hagman's still got it! I was laughing my way through all of his scenes. I'll keep watching since it's only a 10 episode season, I'm kind of interested to see how it shakes out.
Having never watched any WB or CW shows, I never built up the hatred for those kinds of shows

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The person who sent the mysterious email that broke up Elaina and Christopher is Pam. I read the producers want her back, and her story was left open-ended.

I wonder what Pam's motivation would be if it was her.

If Pam does return, I hope they made her look like Victoria Principal again (if she looked like anyone else after the fiery crash).

All we ever got was the fake Pam.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2012, 02:00 PM   #35
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^
Old June 14 2012, 03:06 PM   #36
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^
Old June 14 2012, 03:22 PM   #37
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

yep, pretty much like I thought--pale shadow of the original, the young guys anchoring the show suck, the new cast with the exception of Ann(Brenda Strong) suck. And while the old cast were the strongest part at times it felt like they were trying to make some of JR's scenes like the walker more Grumpy Old Men than Dallas. Could care less about mysterious email since I don't give a lick about the young kids--take note next time you try to cast two generations of Ewings think Hagman/Duffy rather than JOsh Henderson/Jesse Metcalfe Ambercombie models piss poor actors with no gravitas.

Yeah not feeling this. Hey Hollywood quit trying to relive past glories and come up with some new ones instead of feeding off of old beloved once popular shows i.e. 90210, Melrose Place, Knight Rider, Bionic Woman, Dallas, The Munsters. I realize creativity is rare these days in Hollywood but try a little harder.
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2012, 04:14 PM   #38
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Nothing wrong with revisiting old properties. Sometimes it's more fun and creative to redo or continue old stuff. And some things should be revisited or explored more than once.
Old June 14 2012, 04:34 PM   #39
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Warp Core Breach wrote: View Post
Sure, absolutely, JR was the best thing there. I'm just saying that they should have tried harder to get youngsters with at least a tenth of his or Bobby's awesomeness. I don't want to sit through twenty minutes of metrosexual whining before I get to see the real stars kick ass.

startrekwatcher wrote:
the new cast with the exception of Ann(Brenda Strong) suck.
I've loved Brenda Strong since I first saw her ages ago in Island City, and i cheered silently when she whipped out that 12-gauge and said "I've got a shotgun and I don't miss at this distance!"

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2012, 04:41 PM   #40
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I thought that the stuff going on with the new generation was compelling enough, and I'm pleased with the balance between them and the older generation. Bobby, J.R. and the rest could have been relegated to background cameos, but they haven't been. They're still a big part of the show. It's also nice that they kept the old theme. I knew they would, but I wasn't expecting it to be as untouched as it was. I thought they'd try to tweak it or modernize it more.
Old June 14 2012, 04:48 PM   #41
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I thought that the stuff going on with the new generation was compelling enough, and I'm pleased with the balance between them and the older generation. Bobby, J.R. and the rest could have been relegated to background cameos, but they haven't been. They're still a big part of the show. It's also nice that they kept the old theme. I knew they would, but I wasn't expecting it to be as untouched as it was. I thought they'd try to tweak it or modernize it more.
What do you mean untouched? They broke it up and shortened it's run time. It was noticeable. I lived for hearing that whole theme back in the day.

-Tom Clancy
Old June 14 2012, 04:57 PM   #42
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ I agree. It's a shame that it's been shortened, but at least the theme itself is the same, or at least similar enough to be virtually indistinguishable from the original. And from what I remember, it's been shortened or lengthened in the past anyway, so this is nothing new.
Old June 14 2012, 06:32 PM   #43
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

The only major difference was the absence of the cast photos during the opening.
Old June 14 2012, 06:43 PM   #44
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Sure, absolutely, JR was the best thing there. I'm just saying that they should have tried harder to get youngsters with at least a tenth of his or Bobby's awesomeness. I don't want to sit through twenty minutes of metrosexual whining before I get to see the real stars kick ass.
One of the missed opportunities...When Chris told John Ross "I know it was you." They were right next to the pool. I sooo wanted him to just grab his ass and toss him in like they used to do to each other back in the day. They do need to tone down the metrosexual whining a bit. It's the 21st century and they are young, so I expect some of it, but it's also Texas - so man them up and let them have an occasional knock-down drag-out or toss them in the pool moment. in other words, cut the crap. Like JR says, look a man in the eye, don't call and text before you do a deal.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2012, 07:08 PM   #45
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

One of the missed opportunities...When Chris told John Ross "I know it was you." They were right next to the pool. I sooo wanted him to just grab his ass and toss him in like they used to do to each other back in the day. They do need to tone down the metrosexual whining a bit. It's the 21st century and they are young, so I expect some of it, but it's also Texas - so man them up and let them have an occasional knock-down drag-out or toss them in the pool moment. in other words, cut the crap. Like JR says, look a man in the eye, don't call and text before you do a deal.
They had their one good knock down drag out at the oil derrick, and an old man with stomach cancer managed to break them up, which I think illustrates the point.

-Tom Clancy