Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 7 2012, 11:52 PM   #1936
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Minecraft

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
What "different lighting scheme" is that?

Love the texture!
Just that the mushrooms seem to be in shadow while the cows are brightly lit. Probably just the MC engine.
That's probably a bug since the mushrooms are 2D billboards, not texture-mapped polygons like the rest of the mob.
Old June 9 2012, 08:14 AM   #1937
Kestra
Vice Admiral

I love the mooshroom trek across the ocean!

I've been working on moving a few walls in town, putting up some new signs, adding roads, that sort of thing. We have some new citizens plus I just kind of want to do a city beautification project.

Anyway, I don't want to step on any toes so if you have any complaints, feel free to tell me! Also BJ, feel free to move the wall back. I wasn't sure how far back you wanted to build and didn't want to overwhelm you with space.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2012, 02:44 AM   #1938
B.J.
Rear Admiral

^Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to move it for me! Haven't got much done yet, just an entry way so far.
Old June 10 2012, 05:43 AM   #1939
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I can already tell it's going to be an epic build. I can just picture a castle sticking out from the mouintain.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2012, 06:04 AM   #1940
Saturn0660
Rear Admiral

View Saturn0660's Twitter Profile

Yes fellow minecrafters, that indeed is a zombie riding in a moving minecart.

Old June 10 2012, 02:42 PM   #1941
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

Theiving bastard.

It reminds me of the cart stealing pig from back in the early days of the server.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2012, 06:57 AM   #1942
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Caught two endermen in the "gentleman's club" before Kestra came along and cleared them out.
Old June 12 2012, 09:30 AM   #1943
Kestra
Vice Admiral

B.J. wrote: View Post
Caught two endermen in the "gentleman's club" before Kestra came along and cleared them out.
Caught two endermen in the club ... or did I catch you with two endermen in the gentleman's club?

In related news, I've started work on a red light district in town. It's going to be adjacent to "Old Town," and starts right next to the Adventurer's Club. Literally right next to it (sorry Robert). I'm making all the buildings super close together with just enough space to make a single block path. I figure a shady area would be cramped like that.

I'd totally appreciate any input or if anyone wants to help make a building, or has any ideas. These are my ideas so far:

Pawn Shop: This is already built. It's the first building and it's called "Trash for Gold," and contains both trash and gold. I've got objects for sale (or most likely free), I try to obtain objects for you, I might make an offer on certain items, and I'm also willing to do loans. I'm pretty easygoing though so while this is a nice little shop (even a little basement room!), I am always willing to help people out.

Bonds and Loans: Not sure if I'll try to merge this into the pawn shop or not

Brothel: This one I definitely would like to do myself though I am open to help; I'd just like to be involved

"Herbal" Supplies and Dispensary: I might stick plants and other items in here. It's going to be called "Glow Is The New Blow" and have glowdust once I go on a gathering expedition.

Weapons: Can keep various weapon supplies, especially now that we have the awesome skelly farm from Xan.

Any other ideas for the red light district?

Also I want to say that I <3 our server and it's really fun playing with everyone that's on there.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2012, 01:35 PM   #1944
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Oh wow, that's creepy! Guess I'm going to have to remove those dirt blocks.

I love the idea of Kestra as a pawnbroker/loanshark.

I think no red light district is complete without a rundown tenement building. The hookers and bums gotta live somewhere...
Old June 12 2012, 02:01 PM   #1945
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Gotta have a sex shop too. I prefer the name Dildopolis (I like community). Ooo, how about a Community college too? (Maybe not in the red light. Or maybe, I dunno).

Also, whats the deal with the white stripy enderman? I've not seen one of those before.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2012, 02:04 PM   #1946
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Oh, btw I forgot to mention the other day I went inside the Arena (as in, inside the walls) and cleared out the many, many zombies, skeletons and spiders there were lurking in its shadowy depths. I lit up the area with torches, so hopefully they wont spawn there anymore.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2012, 02:53 PM   #1947
Robert Maxwell
beep

Dac wrote: View Post
Gotta have a sex shop too. I prefer the name Dildopolis (I like community). Ooo, how about a Community college too? (Maybe not in the red light. Or maybe, I dunno).

Also, whats the deal with the white stripy enderman? I've not seen one of those before.
That's the result of a RandomMobs mod, I believe. It just gives the mobs different skins, doesn't change how they behave.
Old June 12 2012, 03:42 PM   #1948
B.J.
Rear Admiral

^Yep, Randomobs. Couldn't stand every single mob looking exactly the same.
Old June 12 2012, 05:27 PM   #1949
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Sorry for the double post, but....

I'm looking at that huge vertical cliff next to my place, and I keep thinking "Licensed to Ill".....
Old June 12 2012, 07:07 PM   #1950
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Like I said, B.J, I think it would be really cool if there'd be a castle jutting out from the cliff face Feel free to remove part of the wall in order to make it easier to build anything you want. What you have now looks like it could be the entrance with stairs leading up to it.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote