New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old June 11 2012, 02:28 PM   #16
Trek
Fleet Captain

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

Great idea JRS!

I'm at a Con in Birmingham, but I'll see if I can get online.

Which reminds me - are any fleet members going to the Destination: Star Trek London convention in October? Anyone want to meet up?
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2012, 03:57 PM   #17
Rocketeer
Captain

Trek wrote: View Post
Great idea JRS!

I'm at a Con in Birmingham, but I'll see if I can get online.

Which reminds me - are any fleet members going to the Destination: Star Trek London convention in October? Anyone want to meet up?
I have other plans, but one of my co-workers is attending. I think they have Gold Passes. Looks like it will be an exciting Con.
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 10:20 AM   #18
Rocketeer
Captain

JRS wrote: View Post
I have created a fleet event for the TrekBBS Armada
The event "Fleet Meet" will be held on Saturday 16th of June at the Club 47, Earth spacedock
(please check the time from the game)

We will be chatting about the future of the fleet(mainly about building the fleet starbase), do some STFs and/or missions..and so on.
Bring some drinks and your party poppers.

All fleet members are welcome
I hope to see all of you there on Saturday!

I didn't see anyone when I was one, but that's normal lately. Anyway, I'm with whatever we're doing on the fleet starbase. Will that mainly be resource gathering?

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old June 18 2012, 10:40 AM   #19
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

What I am afraid of, is that the Starbase building will be the biggest grind yet.

The new content it will come with might be interesting for 2 runs and then it's back to STF levels of repetition.

Technically our fleet is well equiped for it.
Devs said the sweet spot for efficient build times is member numbers of 40-50 which is pretty close to us (when all members are actively playing). Last time I counted we were around 30.
Efficient in this case means, enough players to make good progress and enough rewards to benefit all of us.

Then again, the reason for the inactivity is said grind I think.

Personally I had enough of it, since it wasn't going anywhere.
Every reward you can grind is completely useless cause once you have it there is nothing else we can do with it.

The recent State of the Game article says we will get the Tholians with the new season as enemies...
Great, enemies without content. I guess they will show up in the new repeatable grind missions.

Yes, DStahl also said that season 7 will be story contentpalooza with the Tholians taking center stage before the end of the year.

They said the same thing about season 5 after FTP before FTP became season 5 and then between release of season 5 nothing much happened up to now with season 6, another system- not content-update, is about to knock on the door.

So what are we grinding for?

Maybe it is time to shift the priorities of the fleet a bit.
I am not in charge anymore, but what do you guys think of trying to be more self sufficient and make our own content.
Through Foundry missions and Roleplay?
I am sure, there are lots of roleplay options in game? We can include PvP, Foundry and of course having our own starbase helps a lot!
We have our KDF faction as a counterpart which we can actually communicate with (I am looking at you TOR with no means of communication between factions).

Let's use that.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2012, 12:56 PM   #20
Rocketeer
Captain

I have a KDF sci and engr. Both are in another fleet, but I could pull one over here. What's the current composition of the KDF fleet?

Risa was the HQ of one of my old fleets. Away from the crowds at ESD and SFA. Other good locations are starship interiors. The TOS Constitution interior is especially fun to run around in.

I find typing and playing at the same time challenging. I recommend Ventrilo. It would be good for roleplaying or just running missions together.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014

Last edited by Rocketeer; June 18 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old June 19 2012, 10:49 PM   #21
Praetor Adele
Commodore

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
I have a KDF sci and engr. Both are in another fleet, but I could pull one over here. What's the current composition of the KDF fleet?

There seem to be a good number of people registered in the KDF House Fleet, but since I began running my 2 klinks over any of my Feds I haven't seen anyone else on often, and never more than one other. Active participation in the KDF side might be a nice relief from the lack of Fed content.
Old June 20 2012, 12:34 PM   #22
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
What I am afraid of, is that the Starbase building will be the biggest grind yet.
It will be a grind. But in a recent interview, dstahl said they've 1-man guilds into consideration. He basically said even a 1-man guild will be able to get a decent starbase with considerable but not impossible effort.

Of course, I have no idea what a "decent" starbase is or what "considerable" effort actually means. Hopefully it means a lower tier starbases won't require too much grinding.
Old June 20 2012, 10:58 PM   #23
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

They are downplaying the grind...
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2012, 01:02 AM   #24
Scout101
Admiral

Of course they are. On the other hand, they really aren't giving you anything to do BUT grind. Not really working on FEs, new episodes, much PVE or PVP to do, etc. Honestly, whoever thought of the DOFF system should get a big bonus. It's the perfect grind, and without it, suspect the game would have starved itself by now.

It's too easy to level, and nothing to DO once you get there but grind out stuff that doesn't really help you much anyway. The starbases will be a nice distraction for a little while. At least different scenery while you grind for a bit.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 09:49 AM   #25
Praetor Adele
Commodore

Just trundled through some Fleet stuff on Tribble. Looking pretty good, even if for a temporary distraction.
Old July 3 2012, 11:11 PM   #26
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Do we have a fleet for the tribble server?
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 12:55 AM   #27
Praetor Adele
Commodore

TribbleBBS, I believe. Send me a note in-game, @tomadele, and I'll invite you over.
Old July 4 2012, 01:11 AM   #28
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Praetor Adele wrote: View Post
TribbleBBS, I believe. Send me a note in-game, @tomadele, and I'll invite you over.
Okay thanks.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 05:29 PM   #29
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Praetor Adele wrote: View Post
I'll be doing that as well. I would like to see what the starbases look like.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 11:20 PM   #30
Scout101
Admiral

In light of the upcomming Seaon 6 update, which will be Fleet Starbase focused (and thus Fleet heavy), is it time we had The Talk?

While we've got a bunch of people signed up, not sure we have a ton of actual active members. Usually not more than 1-2 people online whenever I sign in, and only more if it's a special event. Not gonna sustain the starbase deal that way.

We've got an alliance with that other fleet, but I haven't interacted with them a lot. Are there a lot of them, and are they active? If it's a Yes to either of those, it may be time to discuss a merger instead of an alliance. They join us, we join them, whichever makes more sense. Other side cleans out the bank, merge the money, deposit the good stuff, and sell the rest. Should be able to get together on uniforms and whatnot, and as long as both sides are ok, Fleet ranks should be transferable, so we've still out our own guys with high ranking/access.

Between the two fleets, we might have a more active membership, and thus move the Starbase development faster. Plus more of the new features are supposed to be Fleet-oriented, might make sense to have more people around, so we can do those things.

If the fleet we've been dealing with isn't the one, maybe we should start fishing for another one. Just don't think we're active enough to accomplish much if the focus shifts to fleets, and it's gonna take a ton of work from the few active members to get anything done.

Thoughts?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote