Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 31 2012, 12:44 AM   #16
Mr_Homn
Captain

Re: Space Quest creators are making a new game

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Space Quest was an awesome game series.

And the trek references would make any star trek fan laugh.

http://spacequest.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek

that contains many explanations of the funny star trek references(not all). But you have to see the artwork and experience it to really appreciate it

an example of a notable trek reference not mentioned in that list:

http://members.tripod.com/~Captain_Roger_Wilco/bay.jpg
Old May 31 2012, 02:53 AM   #17
stonester1
Rear Admiral

From what I hear, this one is going to be rich in the scifi jokes and references. Trek, natch. Star Wars, sure. I've heard Firefly/Serenity mentioned...
Old June 2 2012, 08:48 PM   #18
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

SQ:5 is by far my favorite simply because of all of the Trek references in it.
Old June 3 2012, 03:53 AM   #19
pcj
Ensign

View pcj's Twitter Profile

Indeed it is awesome. Lots of sci-fi and humor.

There's a very interesting piece on Gamasutra about the Two Guys:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...ears_apart.php
pcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 11:24 AM   #20
stonester1
Rear Admiral

This new game is going to ladel the jokes all across scifi. Trek and Wars, I'm certain, will be there. I've heard Firefly/Serenity will. Wouldn't be surprised if Mass Effect makes the list...
Old June 7 2012, 01:49 AM   #21
Mr_Homn
Captain

Some extremely dedicated and inspiring fans have created a short adventure game to spread awareness about SpaceVenture.

It's called "Pledge Quest" and it's about a girl who has one day left to pledge to Spaceventure

Download here:

http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/...to-support-r41

Slashdot news story:

http://slashdot.org/submission/21027...w-spaceventure
Old June 7 2012, 10:49 PM   #22
Decaffeinated Jedi
Fleet Captain

Thanks for mentioning Pledge Quest, Mr Homn. I had a blast working on it.

Now, all we have to do is get that pesky Kickstarter funded!
Old June 8 2012, 09:15 AM   #23
stonester1
Rear Admiral

For those who said it couldn't be done, check it out. Closing in on 400k with four days left.

Never give up. Never surrender.
Old June 9 2012, 02:19 AM   #24
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Really, I think the new game should either be the next chapter in the Space Quest saga (ignoring 6. or a reboot. The new adventures of Roger Wilco: Space Janitor!

God, I fucking loved those games growing up. I've got a CD of them around here somewhere I need to install now. I just wish it had the original EGA version of SQ1 with the text interface on it rather than the SVGA "remake" with the icon interface. (For all of the Sierra Adventure games I wasn't too happy with the point-and-click interface.)

Second to SQ5 I might go with SQ4 which was a great time-travel story that even let you travel back in time to the EGA version of the first game. Damn... where's that CD?
Old June 9 2012, 03:45 AM   #25
Mr_Homn
Captain

Really, I think the new game should either be the next chapter in the Space Quest saga (ignoring 6. or a reboot. The new adventures of Roger Wilco: Space Janitor!

God, I fucking loved those games growing up. I've got a CD of them around here somewhere I need to install now. I just wish it had the original EGA version of SQ1 with the text interface on it rather than the SVGA "remake" with the icon interface. (For all of the Sierra Adventure games I wasn't too happy with the point-and-click interface.)

Second to SQ5 I might go with SQ4 which was a great time-travel story that even let you travel back in time to the EGA version of the first game. Damn... where's that CD?
The Two guys don't own the rights to space quest, so this will be a spiritual successor with the same tone/ humor/ aspects.

But this is also the beginning of a brand new company by the two guys, and if they succeed, they will eventually most likely acquire the rights to space quest one day. So I think this kickstarter is really your only hope of ever getting a new Space Quest by the original creators.. one day.

Also, pretty sure the EGA version of SQ1 is on gog.com under the space quest collection. Which by the way you get a FREE credit to download along with many other rewards at the $50 pledge level.
Old June 9 2012, 07:43 AM   #26
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Closing in on 415k...
Old June 9 2012, 04:05 PM   #27
Lance
Fleet Captain

Excellent news. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

For my money, SQ III was the best game in the series, even if it was a little short compared to some of the others.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2012, 08:58 PM   #28
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post

The Two guys don't own the rights to space quest, so this will be a spiritual successor with the same tone/ humor/ aspects.

But this is also the beginning of a brand new company by the two guys, and if they succeed, they will eventually most likely acquire the rights to space quest one day. So I think this kickstarter is really your only hope of ever getting a new Space Quest by the original creators.. one day.

Also, pretty sure the EGA version of SQ1 is on gog.com under the space quest collection. Which by the way you get a FREE credit to download along with many other rewards at the $50 pledge level.
Checking out, "gog.com" nifty. I'm tight right now on money but I may have to get that. I like the artwork with Roger sitting in the pilot's seat of the Aluminum Mallard from SQ3.
Old June 10 2012, 07:09 AM   #29
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Just letting you fellas know, now closing in on 440k. Will almost certainly be at 450k before sunset stateside Sunday.

Not there yet, but y'all, a mighty thing is happening here...
Old June 10 2012, 07:22 AM   #30
Yoda
Rear Admiral

I'll probably throw in some cash, just need to decide on a tier. Might be a close one on getting funding, hopefully the game sites will mention it again and give it a bump.