RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,693
Posts: 5,213,501
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 802
Newest member: meshman63


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old June 5 2012, 08:29 PM   #166
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral
 
Rarewolf's Avatar
 
Location: Devon, England
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
My money's on Frakes since it looks like he might've cancelled LFCC.
Whilst he hasn't been confirmed for the new event, it has now been confirmed that he has cancelled the Comic Con due to work commitments.
__________________
"Weaselling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals - except the weasels" Homer Jay Simpson
Rarewolf is offline  
Old June 5 2012, 09:49 PM   #167
Admiral Bear
Captain
 
Admiral Bear's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Work commitments? That's a good one. Let's be honest, in recent years the Frakester's CV has been thinner than his hair line.

Was expecting this anyway. When you consider that Nimoy has retired, Nana Visitor and Beltran have been to the UK once already this year, and Jolene Blalock doesn't seem to do appearances, DSTL would look very thin without at least one First Officer.

I'll be surprised if Frakes isn't announced. 25th anniversary of TNG this year, and so far all we've got is Patrick. This event is so far being left wanting given the ticket prices. It's not like they can afford to leave the bigger announcements until later on as they need to sell those £900 tickets.
Admiral Bear is offline  
Old June 5 2012, 10:05 PM   #168
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
Work commitments? That's a good one. Let's be honest, in recent years the Frakester's CV has been thinner than his hair line.

Was expecting this anyway. When you consider that Nimoy has retired, Nana Visitor and Beltran have been to the UK once already this year, and Jolene Blalock doesn't seem to do appearances, DSTL would look very thin without at least one First Officer.

I'll be surprised if Frakes isn't announced. 25th anniversary of TNG this year, and so far all we've got is Patrick. This event is so far being left wanting given the ticket prices. It's not like they can afford to leave the bigger announcements until later on as they need to sell those £900 tickets.
Frakes Acting resume, yes is really thin lately, but, from 2010 - 2012 he's been Driector of 23 TV episodes and a TV Movie, so he has been working
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline  
Old June 5 2012, 10:15 PM   #169
Admiral Bear
Captain
 
Admiral Bear's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Frakes Acting resume, yes is really thin lately, but, from 2010 - 2012 he's been Driector of 23 TV episodes and a TV Movie, so he has been working
That's true. Must remember to tab along in IMDB!

It occured to me the other day after all of Joiner's sudden Klepto US guest cancellations due to "work commitments". Aren't most shows on hiatus during the summer months?

Last edited by Admiral Bear; June 5 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Admiral Bear is offline  
Old June 5 2012, 10:44 PM   #170
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Frakes Acting resume, yes is really thin lately, but, from 2010 - 2012 he's been Driector of 23 TV episodes and a TV Movie, so he has been working
That's true. Must remember to tab along in IMDB!

It occured to me the other day after all of Joiner's sudden Klepto US guest cancellations due to "work commitments". Aren't most shows on hiatus during the summer months?
early Summer probably, but, for shows airing in September/October, they'd want at least 7 or 8 episodes in the can by their premiere date, so, gotta start sometime in Summer.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline  
Old June 5 2012, 10:58 PM   #171
Admiral Bear
Captain
 
Admiral Bear's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

The bottom line here is that Shamsters must've known for weeks that Frakes wasn't going to LFCC as they left him off all the pre printed flyers given out at Klepto, yet they said nothing until people started asking difficult questions. You can only wonder how long it would've taken for this cancellation to see daylight if those questions hadn't been asked.
Admiral Bear is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 01:08 AM   #172
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Voyager in the UK!
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

All 5 captains made headlines! Awesome pic of them
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...onvention.html
nacelle is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 11:11 AM   #173
Admiral Bear
Captain
 
Admiral Bear's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

nacelle wrote: View Post
All 5 captains made headlines! Awesome pic of them
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...onvention.html
Poor Kate Mulgrew's fast morphing in to Shatner.
Admiral Bear is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 01:23 PM   #174
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Voyager in the UK!
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Oh dear im afraid i have to agree with that!
nacelle is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 01:26 PM   #175
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral
 
Rarewolf's Avatar
 
Location: Devon, England
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Robin and Chase have been added.

I never noticed Shatner looking plump when he was on TV the other week, its just Patrick and Avery are very thin in comparison.
__________________
"Weaselling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals - except the weasels" Homer Jay Simpson
Rarewolf is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 01:54 PM   #176
Admiral Bear
Captain
 
Admiral Bear's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
Robin and Chase have been added.
Wow, the big guests are being wheeled out here. Robin and Chase are lovely, but Chase was at GSITG. A waste of a guest spot IMHO.

£900 tickets need to be sold here, ladies and gents. These guests just aren't cutting the mustard.

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
I never noticed Shatner looking plump when he was on TV the other week, its just Patrick and Avery are very thin in comparison.
Shatner was more suitably dressed on HIGNFY. He doesn't help himself trying to fit in to t-shirts that are far too small for his expanding girth. Patrick and Avery are stick thin, but I don't think the comparison makes Shatner look any fatter than he actually is. Didn't Shatner wear a girdle in TOS?
Admiral Bear is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 04:48 PM   #177
Gary7
Rear Admiral
 
Gary7's Avatar
 
Location: Near Manhattan ··· in an alternate reality
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
Poor Kate Mulgrew's fast morphing in to Shatner.
Yeah, she's just a few years way from crossing over 60. But these days, that's not an excuse to look like it. Physically fit folks in their early 60's are starting to look more like a 50 something from several decades ago. But who knows, she might have some medical challenges facing her that are contributing to her physique.

Avery looks great, not much different than from when he was in his last season of DS9. And Bakula will always look much younger than he is, with his inherently boyish face.
__________________
Remembering Ensign Mallory.
Gary7 is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 08:53 PM   #178
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Voyager in the UK!
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Frakes official cancellation for LFCC is up on the LFCC forum as of yesterday evening. Although they have yet to update their front page with that.
nacelle is offline  
Old June 6 2012, 09:51 PM   #179
Admiral Bear
Captain
 
Admiral Bear's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

nacelle wrote: View Post
Frakes official cancellation for LFCC is up on the LFCC forum as of yesterday evening. Although they have yet to update their front page with that.
24 hours late, but never mind.
Admiral Bear is offline  
Old June 7 2012, 01:07 PM   #180
Admiral Bear
Captain
 
Admiral Bear's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Casey Biggs and Jeff Combs.

Great guys and a lot of fun together, but the event needs better. Where are the main cast guests? Where are the rare guests, the one's who've never been over here before?

This would've been an ideal time for Joiner to finally, after years of dodgy announcements proclaiming her attendance at his events, get Diana Muldaur to the UK. But so far, these guests are just from the cheaper end of the Shamasters usual Trek guest list.

How about:
Wil Wheaton
Cirroc Lofton
Roxanne Dawson
Natalija Nogulich
Barry Jenner
Salome Jens
Terry Farrell
Ronny Cox
Felecia Bell
Philip Anglim
Grace Lee Whitney

I'm sure the likes of Mike Okuda, Manny Coto, hell even Berman and Braga would have some very interesting things to say on stage.

Last edited by Admiral Bear; June 7 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Admiral Bear is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.