Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old June 3 2012, 06:47 PM   #151
Steve1960
Ensign

Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

I have already bought my tickets for star trek London. And I have just checked out the excel London web site and the convention is booked for that weekend.
Old June 3 2012, 10:41 PM   #152
AxelFoley
Commander

Well, I'm back from having met Nichelle. She was absolutely lovely and very approachable. We chatted a bit and she was very touched that I had come all the way from Sweden to meet her. She especially liked my Uhura t-shirt I was wearing and complimented it on more than one occassion. Got three autographs and two photos with her, also enjoyed the Star Trek talk with her, Michael Dorn and two others.

All in all a lovely weekend. Only bad thing I can say is that it was cold as hell, especially on the Saturday.
Old June 4 2012, 12:01 PM   #153
Admiral Bear
Captain

AxelFoley wrote: View Post
Only bad thing I can say is that it was cold as hell, especially on the Saturday.
I think it's become accepted amongst quite a few long term attendees that the enviromental conditions in that awful stadium are having an adverse effect on guest availability. Sticking a 90 yr old guest out in the cold and then having everyone see him get carted off to hospital, isn't the best publicity.

Back on topic, it seems that Media 10 have slightly lessened the "history" of having all 5 Trek TV Captains on stage at the same time, since they were all on stage at Wizard Con in Philly at the weekend! Oh dear, and this was all going soooooo well.

Website says 10 guest announcements from today until the end of the week. My money's on Frakes since it looks like he might've cancelled LFCC.
Old June 4 2012, 06:17 PM   #154
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

The first two are Walter Koenig & Arlene Martel
Old June 4 2012, 06:51 PM   #155
NCC-1701-B
Fleet Captain

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
My money's on Frakes since it looks like he might've cancelled LFCC.
Seriously? Great now LFCC is going to be a massive waste of money. Already lost Tim Russ...

And I could never afford DSTL, even the VIP pass doesn't get you the captains autographs... It's just way too expensive. Also it doesn't help with it being in london, if it was in birmingham in the middle of the country that would make way more sense.

Hellooo...
Old June 4 2012, 07:09 PM   #156
Kinggodzillak
Commander

I started wondering about Frakes when he wasn't featured on the ad that appeared in the latest DWM. Elizabeth Dennehy was on there, so there was no reason he shouldn't have been. Braced for the worst, cos without him I've not really got much reason to go. Except a £35 Jeri Ryan photoshoot ticket I bought back in Jan, before she was announced for Peterborough...
Old June 4 2012, 07:09 PM   #157
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

NCC-1701-B wrote: View Post
My money's on Frakes since it looks like he might've cancelled LFCC.
Seriously? Great now LFCC is going to be a massive waste of money. Already lost Tim Russ...

Also it doesn't help with it being in london, if it was in birmingham in the middle of the country that would make way more sense.
AFAIK with Frakes its just that he isn't mentioned on the latest flyers. Might just be an oversight.

If not its pretty damning to have him still on the site; they can't say they didn't know, since their own print would say otherwise!

As for London it is the logical choice.

A) easier to attract foreign visitors, more flight options
B) a lot of fans in London are less keen to travel to events outside their precious M25.
C) Whilst geographically the midlands are central, London is the central hub of all public transport. Its fine when you are on the same side of London as the event, but otherwise the journey often requires crossing London anyway!

Kinggodzillak wrote: View Post
Except a £35 Jeri Ryan photoshoot ticket I bought back in Jan, before she was announced for Peterborough...
She was announced for Peterborough first, its just it wasn't as well promoted at the time.
Old June 4 2012, 08:01 PM   #158
Admiral Bear
Captain

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
AFAIK with Frakes its just that he isn't mentioned on the latest flyers. Might just be an oversight.

If not its pretty damning to have him still on the site; they can't say they didn't know, since their own print would say otherwise!
You can't seriously expect anything else? This could explain the lack of the very obvious Frakes/Dennehy photoshoot being advertised.. . .No, that's just giving Joiner far too much credit. He'd want the money. Anyway, he seems to know so little about Star Trek, I doubt he even knows Frakes and Dennehy starred together in TBOBW.

I hope the quality of the guest announcements improve pretty quickly. At these ticket prices, I'm fully expecting James Darren and a band doing a gig in a full recreation of Vic's Lounge.
Old June 4 2012, 10:03 PM   #159
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

This could explain the lack of the very obvious Frakes/Dennehy photoshoot being advertised..
Has anyone even asked for one yet? I'd never thought of that despite being obvious, but then I don't do photoshoots.

Besides group photoshoots are pretty new for the group, AFAIK there wasn't a Dorn/Plakson one. Which is just as obvious, surely?
Old June 5 2012, 07:42 AM   #160
Kinggodzillak
Commander

I'm still annoyed there was no Auberjonois/Visitor one at TGSITG. That's the shoot I'd want more than any other...
Old June 5 2012, 11:37 AM   #161
Admiral Bear
Captain

I'm still annoyed there was no Auberjonois/Visitor one at TGSITG. That's the shoot I'd want more than any other...
There was one. I've seen the photos. I think for anyone who asked, Nana and Rene were more than happy.
Old June 5 2012, 02:24 PM   #162
Admiral Bear
Captain

Trinneer and Keating announced.
Old June 5 2012, 05:33 PM   #163
Admiral Bear
Captain

Just had to share this with you all.

Old June 5 2012, 07:30 PM   #164
Kinggodzillak
Commander

There was one. I've seen the photos. I think for anyone who asked, Nana and Rene were more than happy.
There definitely wasn't one on sale to the public - I was emailing and emailing and emailing all the way up to the week of the show asking for it! The only one I've seen was from Rene's helper who had the chance to ask as she was sat between them both days (and she reckons there was only one other person aside from her who got one). There were no posed photos at their desks either...

Such a shame that amid all the other group shots (and particularly the multiple variants of the Torchwood cast) no room could be found for a group DS9 shoot, or even just those two - cos really, what are the chances of them ever being back over here together again?

Still, I have my 'getting a hug from Chase Masterson' photo. That goes some way to making up for it...
Old June 5 2012, 07:40 PM   #165
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

Anyway I've put Jason on the spot about Frakes so you might get clarification on that one sooner than later.