Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old May 30 2012, 05:01 AM   #136
Qutluch
Commander

Re: My first voyage with Voyager

Non Sequitur

I knew the teaser was a dream sequence/misnomer of some kind as soon as I heard a woman in bed with Kim! Kim designing a ship…Free Vulcan Mocca….no one likes Kim that much! The episode continues with Kim going to give a presentation at Star Fleet….going home…getting laid (Yeah, right), etc. Finally Kim accepts that his reality is not right and seeks Paris out in the Gigolo pool hall from the holodeck. There is no way that Kim took Paris down on the pool table; even a drunk Paris could whip Kim!

Kim gets brought into Starfleet because his actions are making him look like a spy. Apparently Cosimo is an alien from a temporal inversion, and Kim’s shuttle collided with their time stream and they cannot get him back. I do have to give it to Kim that he fought so hard to get back to his own timeline. Even after his fiancé begs him to stay he still insists on leaving. When security beams into his home after he tampers with his anklet why don’t they just beam out the window after him? Why the foot chase?

Paris jumps in and helps Kim out. They definitely did a great job making Paris look younger/ a little wilder out of uniform. They beam into Star Fleet in order to beam aboard a ship and try and get back into their timeline. Star Fleet chases them because they think they are Maquis spies. They manage to get the shuttle back into the right timeline and Kim is back on the VOY.

Favorite part: I like Cosimo, and the part where his fiancé says that Kim should see a psychiatrist. (Not necessarily a bad idea in the regular timeline either…)

Least favorite part: The beginning was a bit slow. Plus, his fiancé would have freaked out when he explained why he was going to France. No one would be that calm after his explanation! Watching this episode was difficult for me….Kim’s character is just so whinny. Wang does a great job with the acting, making him look horribly whinny and whimpish, but the character drives me nuts!!
Old May 31 2012, 12:31 AM   #137
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I think it was ironic that the guy that wanted to go home the "most", actually went home... then chose to come back.

Danny Byrd must have been a good friend.

Or... maybe it was because Tom Paris was an even better one.
Old May 31 2012, 02:30 AM   #138
exodus
Fleet Admiral

I liked Cosimo too.
Kinda reminded me of Al from "Happy Days" mixed with a little John Goodman.
Old May 31 2012, 02:41 AM   #139
Ln X
Fleet Captain

Qutluch wrote: View Post
Non Sequitur
Favorite part: I like Cosimo, and the part where his fiancé says that Kim should see a psychiatrist. (Not necessarily a bad idea in the regular timeline either…)
Best bit is that French dude (or was he Italian; can't tell the accents apart) the alien one speaking to Harry. Digged that accent, but as for Harry...

Poor guy becomes part of the background and you might have deduced this from how few major roles Harry gets.

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 12:33 AM   #140
Qutluch
Commander

Ln X wrote: View Post
Non Sequitur
Best bit is that French dude (or was he Italian; can't tell the accents apart) the alien one speaking to Harry. Digged that accent, but as for Harry...

Poor guy becomes part of the background and you might have deduced this from how few major roles Harry gets.
He really was a good character, and I think part of it was his accent!
Old June 1 2012, 12:34 AM   #141
Qutluch
Commander

Twisted
The episode opens with Kes’ 2nd Birthday celebration in the holodeck. Why Paris’ Pool Gigelo/Women of the Night Hall? I like holodeck scenes and this one is funny, especially for this episode, but I would like to see a different one too. Why not something special from Kes’ home world? We could learn additional background information on her and get to see something new! I think Paris is trying to move in on Kes. He gave her a beautiful gift and Neelix was livid!! The Doctor is splendid in the holodeck. He looks good in a beret! I love it when the woman in the Pool Hall kisses him and tells Kim that he was playing Doctor!

The ship has encountered a spatial distortion ahead and when they go and try to check it out, they find that they cannot get to where they want to go in the ship. Everything is mixed up. Everyone goes off to find where they are needed on the ship, but they keep getting led back to deck six and the holodeck. The doctor tries to explain that they may be hallucinating if they are under the influence of certain rays, but he cannot tell because he does not have his medical equipment. Wouldn’t he be able to tell that something is wrong because he cannot move where he wants? Can’t the holodeck replicate those same tools?

Neelix and Chakotay run into Tuvok and Neelix disappears. Damn, then the Captain gives Kim a nice heartwarming compliment about how he has exceeded her expectations, etc. Janeway must have had pretty low expectations. Then Kim proceeds to explain the obvious about what is wrong with the ship.

The ship is going to crush the deck everyone is on in less than an hour. They have to mess around with some techno-babble stuff and try and stop the distortion. Tuvok points out that they have tried ever logical answer and have not been able to fix it so he suggest that they do the illogical and stop trying to stop it; let it happen and hope for the best. I’m not sure if that is really impressive logic from Tuvok or highly illogical.

The distortion goes into the holodeck and just moves around for a second. Then it pulls out and the Captain wakes up from her injuries. They are on the bridge and find out that the computers have twice the information on now. Neelix then walks in and there is a cute moment between him and Kes.

Favorite part: I kind of liked this episode because in a weird way it reminds me of the fun house in Chicago on Navy Pier.

The Pool Hustler, “Would you mind moving your foot Johnny Boy, you are blocking my shot”.

Least favorite part: There were some lines in this episode that were just bad; a lot of stating the obvious or repetition.
Old June 1 2012, 12:52 AM   #142
Ln X
Fleet Captain

Twisted only got good right at the end because the main characters really thought they were going to die. That scene with Kim and Janeway was embarrassing; unfortunately whenever I see that scene I think of this at 4:00 of this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFwg...ure=plpp_video

Damn you GeneralGrin! I will never see Star Trek in the same way again!

Old June 1 2012, 12:59 AM   #143
Qutluch
Commander

Twisted only got good right at the end because the main characters really thought they were going to die. That scene with Kim and Janeway was embarrassing; unfortunately whenever I see that scene I think of this at 4:00 of this youtube video:

All kinds of awesome! A whole new way to look at that episode! Thank you!
Old June 1 2012, 01:31 AM   #144
Ln X
Fleet Captain

All kinds of awesome! A whole new way to look at that episode! Thank you!
You may have noticed, but Star Trek is so chock of full of sexuality and innuendo I'm surprised its PG rated!

Old June 1 2012, 02:07 AM   #145
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

I always thought that scene from "Twisted" was a tad awkward. The video just makes it even more so.
Old June 1 2012, 04:50 AM   #146
CoffeeAddict
Commander

View CoffeeAddict's Twitter Profile

Me neither!
CoffeeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 05:33 AM   #147
Qutluch
Commander

Parturition

The teaser was excellent. We get to see more sexual tension between Kes and Paris. Then Paris professes his love for Kes to Harry Kim. Paris actually sounds like a decent fellow without the cocky arrogance that I love him for! Next we see Janeway talking to the Doctor. I love it that the Doctor has been eavesdropping! He looks so guilty when Janeway calls him out! When did Janeway’s hair become shoulder-length?? What’s with the puffed bangs?

A food fight!! What a waste of food, but great humor!! Like every good sexually-charged episode the two men fighting for the women’s love are forced together. They have to explore a planet’s possible food sources together. The Doctor points out the medical symptoms of Paris’ affection for Kes to Kes. He calls out Paris’ blushing, increased breathes, etc.

While on the mission Neelix and Paris have troubles in the shuttle craft. After they crash landed Paris showed genuine concern again! He asked if Neelix had broken bones and made him apply the medical stuff that will help their skin. Has love knocked out his swaggering superiority? I hope not; his outlandish arrogance makes me happy! We also get to see Kes angry for once; not that she stayed angry long…

Neelix and Paris have a constant pissing match. One rudely infers something about the other, then the other, etc, etc. Back on the ship the bridge crew is trying to find a way to get Neelix and Paris back on board. In the cave Neelix and Paris momentarily stop arguing because they find an egg that hatches with a baby “bird” in it. The “bird creature” is so cute. It kind of looks like an owl mixed with a hawk and cross-bred with a dragon! Paris and Neelix get it together and start acting like crew members in an attempt to save the creatures life. It turns out the air vapor is filled with nutrients which the creature needs to survive and it is also what the ship was picking up as a possible food source. They almost lose the bird, but in the end they save the bird and become friends after the bonding experience. Neelix asks Paris to forgive him for not giving him a chance and Paris admits that he likes Kes, but assures Neelix that he will not act on it. Paris gives Neelix this speech about how he wants to continue to improve as a person, especially since they are stranded across the universe. They come to an understanding and then they are saved by the ship. Oh, and they save the “bird”. When they get back to the ship, Neelix and Paris leave the episode with Kes talking like they have always been best friends.

Favorite part: Uhhhh….The bird creature was kind of cute.

Least favorite part: When Neelix and Paris get in the food fight, I would have liked to have seen some punches thrown. Also, this was too scripted. It was the standard two men fight for a woman they love, bond over some trauma, and are all great friends in the end...OR… Neelix taking the phaser in a jealous rage, and vaporizing him in the shuttle wreckage and beginning a homicidal rampage to eliminate every male member of the crew through repeated crashes of Voyager’s in-exhaustible supply shuttle crafts… well that’s just good television.
Old June 5 2012, 02:59 PM   #148
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

What? No comment on Janeway's hair in this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_AB7...tailpage#t=15s

Old June 5 2012, 03:47 PM   #149
Ln X
Fleet Captain

Parturition
Least favorite part: When Neelix and Paris get in the food fight, I would have liked to have seen some punches thrown. Also, this was too scripted. It was the standard two men fight for a woman they love, bond over some trauma, and are all great friends in the end...OR… Neelix taking the phaser in a jealous rage, and vaporizing him in the shuttle wreckage and beginning a homicidal rampage to eliminate every male member of the crew through repeated crashes of Voyager’s in-exhaustible supply shuttle crafts… well that’s just good television.
OR... Paris, in a jealous rage, taking out a phaser and vaporizing Neelix in the shuttle wreckage. I'm certain a few VOY fans will think fondly of this possibility...

Old June 5 2012, 11:08 PM   #150
Qutluch
Commander

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
What? No comment on Janeway's hair in this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_AB7...tailpage#t=15s
I made a comment at the end of the first paragraph: "When did Janeway’s hair become shoulder-length?? What’s with the puffed bangs?"
I was shocked not to see the Janeway bun.