Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 28 2012, 11:06 PM   #31
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Continuum the new tv series!

@The Wormhole...they did show scenes of Kiera's character being gawked at, by several people, including that guy that walked by her before she altered her pants. Plus depending on what street it was at night time, no one would really care lol.

The episode wasn't without flaws, all of them were pretty much pointed out above...I still found it enjoyable for the most part though.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2012, 11:08 PM   #32
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I wonder if her tech is going to run out of juice. Of course, if it does, the kid will probably do something about it.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2012, 11:12 PM   #33
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. There are only ten episodes to season one I believe so it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I would imagine that her tech would slowly start to be zapped of energy eventually.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 12:23 AM   #34
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

Maybe the suit is powered by her own movements, like those watches that have no batteries.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 12:40 AM   #35
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

i was going to say that too.

the actual computer wouldn't take up too much juice.

but the entire suit is a display/monitor.

i refuse to believe that sucker is nuclear or that she needs to find a bolt of lightning.

but if it's a question of a compatible power source or the correct interface/adapter, she's going to have to go to that farm eventually to meat up with junior and see if he's cooked up the hardware she needs...

In the first dalek story in the 60s, the daleks were powered by static electricity pumped through the metal streets/surfaces of their city, and all they need to do to break a dalek was push it on it's side and it was disconnected.

Her suit might also be supposed to be maintained by the infrastructure of the city... Although the guy that invented the suit, knew that she was going to travel back in time decades before that suit was issued to her.

Notice how her gun didn't work immediately?

Was that about power or permissions?

I could see a smart gun having to verify with base before/between every shot fired that the user isn't some punk. If she wants to use that gun again she's going to have to hack it.

What sort of tech do the prisoners have inside them?

I could see them being stripped of tech or having it locked, I could also see them in a little bit of pain for running away form jail that wil increase exponentially until they hand themselves in just like kira did to that skeeve in the am-track. Or would that be redundant since they were about to be executed?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 03:04 AM   #36
The Wormhole
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
@The Wormhole...they did show scenes of Kiera's character being gawked at, by several people, including that guy that walked by her before she altered her pants. Plus depending on what street it was at night time, no one would really care lol.
I know, I just thought it was odd that those ladies were laughing mokingly at her. I guess it was meant to convey that she wasn't wearing the current fashion, and so the fashion-minded cool girls were going to be rude about it, but I really doubt anyone would really mock her for that outfit. Especially considering some outfits I've seen people wear during the day that get no raised eyebrows at all.

I don't know, it's weird but that really got to me.
Old May 29 2012, 05:09 AM   #37
pork3
Commander

Nichols is one fine broad, but I'm not sure she's leading actress material.

Nice seeing some Stargate/First Wave/Andromeda alumni in the mix, but there was some shady acting in a few of the scenes.

Regardless, not a bad premise and certainly an imaginative representation of what our future might turn out to be. Not sure how long this show will be around though.

-Jamman
pork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 05:30 AM   #38
theenglish
Rear Admiral

It will be interesting to see on what side of the "philosophy" this show comes down on and if it doesn't try for easy solutions.

My guess is that Alexander is trying to "undo" the evil he has done and restore freedom to the world somehow.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 05:43 AM   #39
cylkoth
Commodore

Damn it...I wanted them to stay in the future! Those first 10 minutes were far more interesting than all of Caprica. Why come back to boring 2012, and get stuck with the dude from Mutant X?
I did enjoy the first episode though, in spite of the temporal shift. This doesn't necessarily need to be a 'catch a con a week' setup, so a 10 episode order with 9 perps left shouldn't have anyone asking what'll she do in a second season. Plus, do we really know what happened to Bra'tac? Did Joshua and Andromeda say he was dead, see a body? I was wondering if he perhaps wound up in a later/earlier time period than the rest. I guess William B Davis will forever illicit second looks whenever he shows up, so the ending was indeed a surprise. And from the looks of it, his creepy step dad's cabal will play a role in how the future develops.
Old May 29 2012, 06:13 AM   #40
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

it's not going to be freak of the week, because these baddies operate as a unit.

So she's either going to have some adventures that have nothing to do with the terrorists or she's pairing off the weak or the stragglers, or some more where the baddies get clean away...

But honestly.

A couple of them seem like militant survivalists, but I'm assuming that at least half of these villians are student radicals that ..

Why has Lexa Doig never believed in herself to get and carry a starring role?

Old May 29 2012, 06:15 AM   #41
pork3
Commander

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Why has Lexa Doig never believed in herself to get and carry a starring role?

"She portrayed the female lead role of Rowan in the science fiction-horror slasher Jason X (2002)"

Of course, that is if you can look past her starring in a D-level film.

-Jamman
Old May 29 2012, 06:26 AM   #42
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I would have thought that the extended display of Lisa Ryder's naked boobies would have graduated Jason X to a C grade movie at the least?

Old May 29 2012, 06:50 AM   #43
pork3
Commander

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I would have thought that the extended display of Lisa Ryder's naked boobies would have graduated Jason X to a C grade movie at the least?
Hmmm, now that you mention it...

-jamman
Old May 29 2012, 11:20 AM   #44
Pingfah
Admiral

I enjoyed the pilot, but if this goes as "sci-fi" cop shows usually go, the sci-fi was only to broaden the appeal, and will now take a backseat to everything else. Perhaps a few gadgetty things, but mostly just cops running around shooting things.

Hopefully I am wrong, and they will continue to have lots of future flash-forwards.
Old May 29 2012, 12:47 PM   #45
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

These terrorists are really antiterrorists.

Joyists?

Their job is to promote security and well being.

To make sure that Democracy and the Confederation of Canada prevails with strength and constance.

They are going to slow the erosion of economic decline and enhance the efficacy of the governments services, promote the creation of technology that will ease the burden of oil dependence and the expense...

Which supposedly is what Troy and Dyllan were supposed to be up to in Battlestar 1980 when they were playing with those fucking super scouts.

From the trailer for next weeks episode, the "Terrorists" seem to be inventing cold fusion.

They're going to solve the energy crisis and then hand it over to the government who will be rooted when there is no more oil left to tax.

Or are they just dicks who are going to build a bomb to kill the corporations decades before they're in place to enact the economic bail out?