Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 17 2012, 09:05 PM   #916
nvek86
Commander

Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi

New international poster:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90341

It looks good, but I prefer the earlier ones. They seem to fit better with the mood created by the trailers.
Old May 17 2012, 09:13 PM   #917
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

I don't care about spoilers - if a story isn't good enough to stand a second viewing, it probably wasn't worth investing my time watching it the first time.

But, yes, avoid that site if you hate spoilers. However, I don't think what I've read there spoils the ending.
Old May 17 2012, 11:35 PM   #918
Aldo
Admiral

Does it say whether or not the Charlize Theron naked push ups will be included?
Old May 18 2012, 05:39 AM   #919
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
I don't care about spoilers - if a story isn't good enough to stand a second viewing, it probably wasn't worth investing my time watching it the first time.

But, yes, avoid that site if you hate spoilers. However, I don't think what I've read there spoils the ending.
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2012, 06:40 AM   #920
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Aldo wrote: View Post
Does it say whether or not the Charlize Theron naked push ups will be included?
I don't think so. That's now probably the only thing I haven't been spoiled about.

StarTrek1701 wrote: View Post

To me that's not really much of a spoiler as there's no context as to how the film got there. As with the original Alien, the enjoyment will probably come more from the "ride".
Old May 18 2012, 01:08 PM   #921
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain

StarTrek1701 wrote: View Post

I was under the impression that
Old May 21 2012, 03:56 AM   #922
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

A gif of the alien

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...ckkdo1_500.gif

More wiggling
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2012, 06:55 AM   #923
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

The more I see of this movie, the more I'm convinced that organic Space Jockey fluid leads to the creation of the Xenomorphs. It would be interesting if that gunk got mixed with a human being ... eventually culminating in one of the buggers. This would also possibly explain how the derelict ended up on LV-426 with the egg chamber. It was all an accident!
Old May 22 2012, 08:07 AM   #924
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Here's a nice 1 hour and 4 minute interview withDamon Lindelof. It's mostly about Prometheus but a large segment in the middle discusses the tv series, Lost.
Old May 26 2012, 01:49 PM   #925
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

The Grauniad has a nice article on Prometheus, anchored by a conversation with Lindelof in which he discusses the philosophical underpinnings of the film.

The idea is that 60 years from now, two brilliant scientists will unearth evidence of an ancient alien visitation, including signs on the Isle of Skye that seem to invite humanity out to a distant star system. "Somehow," says Lindelof, "they convince others that this is a worthwhile adventure, so they go out there to find answers to the most fundamental questions we've had since we've had cognitive thought. Like, who am I? Who made me? What is the purpose of my life? That is the jumping-off point. And in all great science fiction and even myth, characters who try to cross a line that should not be crossed often pay very harsh consequences."

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2012, 07:02 PM   #926
JD
Admiral

For the last couple of weeks I've been finding my enthusiasm for this waning. I think it still looks like it could be good, I'm just starting to find myself more interested in some of the other stuff coming out, like Snow White and The Amazing Spider-Man.
Old May 26 2012, 07:11 PM   #927
RoJoHen
Awesome

JD wrote: View Post
For the last couple of weeks I've been finding my enthusiasm for this waning.
Same here. I think I've been over-saturated by previews at this point. It just needs to be released already!
Old May 27 2012, 06:37 AM   #928
yenny
Captain

I'm kind of glad that they did a movie about the aliens that own that ship that the Nostromo crew had boarded on Alien. Every sense I have seen Alien. I always wanted to know about the Aliens that own that ship. Now the movie Prometheus explain it all about those aliens. If I remember? Those aliens are giants.
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2012, 09:10 PM   #929
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

JD wrote: View Post
For the last couple of weeks I've been finding my enthusiasm for this waning. I think it still looks like it could be good, I'm just starting to find myself more interested in some of the other stuff coming out, like Snow White and The Amazing Spider-Man.
i'm kinda the opposite. i've tried to stay away from spoilers and detailed discussions so when i see the trailer or tv spot i get more excited.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2012, 09:35 PM   #930
Warped9
Admiral

I still really want to see this film.

I also had something of a reversal of feeling for another film, though. Initially I had zero interest in The Amazing Spider-Man, but after seeing a recent trailer before the screening of Men In Black 3 I find myself getting interested in the Spidey film.