Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 14 2012, 10:25 AM   #16
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: One-year countdown thread!

I'm sure they've got an awesome advertising campaign ready to remind anyone who forgot how much fun the last Trek was.
Terminator had a looooooong gap between the first and second movies too.

Old May 14 2012, 03:16 PM   #17
Gojira
Commodore

What I want to know is....when are they going to reveal the title of the movie? I am sure they have it by now.
Old May 14 2012, 06:00 PM   #18
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Space Therapist wrote: View Post
What I want to know is....when are they going to reveal the title of the movie? I am sure they have it by now.
Didn't they wait to reveal the last movie's title until about five months before release date?
Old May 14 2012, 07:39 PM   #19
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

One year!?! Where's my damn time machine!!!!!!!!!!????????
Old May 14 2012, 09:02 PM   #20
Gojira
Commodore

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Didn't they wait to reveal the last movie's title until about five months before release date?
I am not sure I remember. I thought it had been known for a while, even before they pushed the date or release back 6 months until May 2009 that the name was going to be just "Star Trek." If I am wrong we may have to wait quite a while before we learn the name of the sequel.
Old May 14 2012, 09:13 PM   #21
monkeyd
Ensign

View monkeyd's Twitter Profile

gazomg wrote: View Post
gazomg wrote: View Post

never took much notice but how well did the last one do.

Did it exceed expectations ?
was is a box office success and if so how good ?
Most successful Trek movie ever!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=startrek11.htm
this surprises me ....I know movies cost more now to make and with ticket prices going up it would take in more but still.
Surprised that the domestic was twice that of the foreign, what with the huge following of trek world wide especially in the uk, germany and elsewhere
Also, as silly and annoying as it can be to die-hards to have hordes of fan girls jumping into a new genre just to see a hearththrob/favorite actor, numbers will I bet be extra good especially in the UK (but also worldwide) among those who've never see a Trek movie ever. The Batch has a pretty serious fanbase that would see anything he's in multiple times (and drag their boyfriends)--not to say that there isn't some serious nerdy-girl overlap in the fanbase already. (And, yes, I'm sure he has plenty of male fans, too, just generalizing)
monkeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 10:55 PM   #22
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

I am not sure I remember. I thought it had been known for a while, even before they pushed the date or release back 6 months until May 2009 that the name was going to be just "Star Trek." If I am wrong we may have to wait quite a while before we learn the name of the sequel.
I spent a few minutes digging, and found a 2007 interview which is cited by several Trek reference sites as evidence that the movie title was always going to be simply "Star Trek", but it reads to me as Orci and Kurtzman saying only that they hoped that's the way it would be. I also recall a fair amount of fan speculation on possible alternate titles or "Star Trek: ______" titles filling in the blank with tag-lines from posters (ex: "Star Trek: The Future Begins"). I'm pretty certain, though I haven't tracked it down yet, that I remember an official final statement concerning the title coming sometime after the announcement in December 2008 that all work had been completed and that the film was locked - quite late in the game, anyway.
Old May 15 2012, 04:22 AM   #23
Gojira
Commodore

I spent a few minutes digging, and found a 2007 interview which is cited by several Trek reference sites as evidence that the movie title was always going to be simply "Star Trek", but it reads to me as Orci and Kurtzman saying only that they hoped that's the way it would be. I also recall a fair amount of fan speculation on possible alternate titles or "Star Trek: ______" titles filling in the blank with tag-lines from posters (ex: "Star Trek: The Future Begins"). I'm pretty certain, though I haven't tracked it down yet, that I remember an official final statement concerning the title coming sometime after the announcement in December 2008 that all work had been completed and that the film was locked - quite late in the game, anyway.
I do beleive you are right as I reflect back. So unless the title gets leaked I will have to wait.
Old May 15 2012, 04:42 AM   #24
Nerd unRage
Commander

I imagine there will be a teaser trailer at Comic Con. Perhaps that's when they'll release the title as well?
Old May 15 2012, 09:50 AM   #25
Admiral

I hope so. And I hope it's a better name than "The Dark of the Moon"

Old May 16 2012, 10:59 AM   #26
Admiral

The tension builds.... slowly...
Old May 16 2012, 11:16 AM   #27
shatatattat
Ensign

With the level of suck of most movies, it will do very very well, and if they are smart enough to open it in march like the hunger game it will set records because when nothing else in the theater, records broken!! Too bad TV is having such trouble making anything good since the original series, probly because it was too free enterprise and macho for the exec that don't get that THAT is what is so missing today from TV. Be the only macho game in town with strong male characters and the theem fo galactic discovery and power fo schience and human enginuity and you will win win win Keep too havily to the slacker track and you will end up with nothing.
shatatattat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2012, 12:15 PM   #28
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

KingDaniel wrote: View Post

The tension builds.... slowly...
I'm going into stasis.

See you all in 360 days (I will need some time to bathe and eat before heading to the cinema).

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2012, 11:15 AM   #29
Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
I thought it was being released on the 17th? Oh, well, that knocked 4 days off the wait for me
*looks it up*

Ugh.
Uggggghhhhhh.

Let's try this again. Adjust your cryo-chambers, everyone.

Old May 17 2012, 11:44 AM   #30
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

You just made this wait even worse KingDaniel. EVEN WORSE.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote