Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 5 2012, 03:06 AM   #211
Disruptor
Commodore

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Biggest error of the episode: Jeremy and Elener...Elena were painting Alaric's room, and she didn't have her hair up and was wearing pretty nice looking clothes, like she's never painted anything before. Maybe she wanted green spots on her purple sweater?

Who was the other person Klaus wanted to take with him, "Elaner"?

I think I enjoyed Caroline being tortured. She's such a great victim.

I'm tired of Elena being tied into everyone's mortality.

Klaus cannot just die. We can't get that much satisfaction can we?
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2012, 02:51 PM   #212
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I am glad the Klaus storyline has come to a close. I think it started out great, with a lot of promise, but then the show didn't know what to do with him. And the longer he stayed on the show the lamer he became. That was finally evidenced in how weak he was against Alaric. The show never did much with the idea of a werewolf-vampire hybrid.

I've never been a fan of Alaric, but Dark Alaric is at least passable. I don't like that everyone is tied to Elena, guaranteeing that everything revolves around her again. Though I do think Vampire Diaries thus far has done a better job of providing a rationale for this than the Twilight films or True Blood.

I've increasingly become bored with this show. I've been thinking about wrapping up my time in Mystic Falls after the season finale. If it doesn't compel me (pun intended) to hang on, I'm done.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 08:54 PM   #213
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Same here DarKush. The show seems to be just spinning its wheels.

I will see if the finale can grab me. If not, I will not be back for season 4.
Old May 8 2012, 01:55 AM   #214
Disruptor
Commodore

I'll give up on Mystic Falls and The Secret Circle's Chance Harbor.

And watch the new show set in some place called Lucky Strike. It'll be about elves living secretly among us.
Old May 8 2012, 03:56 AM   #215
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

The Secret Circle isn't very good either--it had potentially but quickly turned into a teeny girl show. It needs to be canned.
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2012, 03:27 AM   #216
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

A rather ho hum conclusion to a pisspoor season.

Flashbacks--umm what exactly was the point of them? nothing really was revealed that was that interesting.

Oh joy Klaus is still around only he is inside Tyler's head. I was hoping we were done with him. I would have much rather they let him die and the big shock is that none of those Originals we know of actually sired Stefan/Caroline/Damon/Katherine's bloodline/

Damn too bad Alaric didn't stake Rebekah like it should have rather than just tossing her around

Alaric's death was kinda sad unfortunately the show doesn't have time for any emotional resonance so we spend 3 seconds on it.

But, on the otherhand, we have plenty of time with more pointless angst over who Elena will choose. Yawn.

Oooh a gratuitous cameo by Aunt Jenna.

On another series I might say that the cliffhanger with Elena dying and becoming a vampire was dramatic and shocking but on a series like this where practically all the human characters are now vampires I have to say it left me underwhelmed--I mean all one needs to do is look at Caroline's arc in S2 and we can already see that after one or two episodes Elena will be back to herself pretty much. The bold thing to have done and I would be applauding is if they actually killed her off *for good*

Yeah I won't be watching this unless there is nothing else worth a crap on next season which is entirely possible.

Average esp for a finale episode--oh how I long for TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds", DS9's "Call to Arms", Dallas' "Who Shot JR", Quantum Leap's "Shock Theatre", Melrose Place's "Big Bang Theory" or LOST's "Theres no place like home"/
Old May 11 2012, 01:51 PM   #217
Disruptor
Commodore

startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
A rather ho hum conclusion to a pisspoor season.
Yeah.

Oh joy Klaus is still around only he is inside Tyler's head. I was hoping we were done with him. I would have much rather they let him die and the big shock is that none of those Originals we know of actually sired Stefan/Caroline/Damon/Katherine's bloodline/
Yeah, now we have Klaus stuck inside a worse actor.

Damn too bad Alaric didn't stake Rebekah like it should have rather than just tossing her around
Totally. That didn't make any sense. He wanted the originals dead, why beat around the bitch?

Alaric's death was kinda sad unfortunately the show doesn't have time for any emotional resonance so we spend 3 seconds on it.

On another series I might say that the cliffhanger with Elena dying and becoming a vampire was dramatic and shocking but on a series like this where practically all the human characters are now vampires I have to say it left me underwhelmed--I mean all one needs to do is look at Caroline's arc in S2 and we can already see that after one or two episodes Elena will be back to herself pretty much. The bold thing to have done and I would be applauding is if they actually killed her off *for good*
I doubt Elena will wind up a vampire. It's a fake out. If she does, it render the past few seasons as pointless, if she was gonna be vamp, it would've defused a lot of situations, save a lot of lives, etc.

Alaric's end...

"I'll always be looking out for you, Jeremy."

"Really? As a ghost?"

"Nah, I got another job...fuck this show."
Old May 11 2012, 04:50 PM   #218
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Well...

I thought the show had really went for it and killed Klaus. I was impressed for what? Two Seconds? Then we have Big "Bad" Hybrid daddy in Tyler via no Mrs. No More Nice Bonnie? Whatever...

Bonnie turns 360 all of the sudden out of what -fear of the vamps dying? I feel that the writers have made the poor girl nothing more than a plot device. Bonnie has no real personality. She just does what the script dictates. The writers wanted to "save" Klaus so they make Bonnie this nitwit.

I would assume they would only want to "save" Klaus because they liked Joseph Morgan. Isn't Original Recipe Klaus' body not extra crispy now?

Now that Tyler and Caroline have been "outed," don't they have to go somewhere? Are we not to assume that there is a council full of other founders ready to do them in?

Also, why did Damon save Rebecca? I swear the Salvatores are getting dumber by the day.

All the vamps did in this ep was prove Alaric right. Don't trust vampires. Elijah cannot control his silbings no matter what he says.

Granted Rebecca showed some thought by taking out Elena to neutralize Ric, but it seemed to come off more as spite than real forethought, bringing the show's idiot levels to an all time high.

The only thing that rang true to me was Ric's death. It still bothered me even though I have seen Ric die a thousand times.
Old May 11 2012, 07:37 PM   #219
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

She's a hot blonde and he needs a fall back girl after getting dumbed by ellana. Now is bonnie going to kill kluas or what? This series is so fraking AWEOME. Also loved the elana flashback sceenes.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2012, 08:35 PM   #220
FreezeC77
Commodore

It kind of loses any kind of mystery when almost every single central character is a vampire.

Could we get a time-jump 100 years into the future and have the next doppelganger show up? I'd like to see flying cars and vampires in space.

Putting Klaus is Tyler is hilarious. One of the few shows which ever got the body-swap thing 'right' is Farscape. They body-swapped and at least the actors TRIED to talk with the accent and cadence of the person they swapped with... but with generic pretty boy actor 1 now switched with generic pretty boy actor 2 so obviously no such luck or skill.

The only twists I wanted was to see all the originals die and somehow the Salvatore and their line remain. We then get the reveal that was an original who pre-dated them... Hell make Jesus a vampire and have him be the first. Guess that would be too many boycotts. Could go the Dracula 2000 route and have it be Judas then.

I expected Tyler to survive Klaus dying, but I thought it would be because he wolfed up and somehow that transition saved him. Then he'd pop back and no longer be a hybrid, but just a werewolf.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2012, 09:32 PM   #221
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I will say that CA sold Caroline's grief over Tyler possibly being 6 feet under.

It was sweet to see Rebecca and Elijah act like family for 5 seconds.

Is Matt ding dong dead?

Does Damon now have the indestructible-original-killing stake?

Last night's ep just showed why no one lets Matt and Jeremy make the plans.
Old May 11 2012, 10:21 PM   #222
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I haven't been watching - did Ric die for real this time?

That would make sense, because his new CW series has been picked up. Matt will be going up against serial killer Robert Knepper on Cult.

Should be tons 'o fun, and I suspect will become more of a Supernatural-style outlier on the network rather than a teen-female drama of their usual sort. There's a girl as a "lead character" (who looks like Bonnie's twin) but, poor kid, she's bound to get muscled out of every scene she's in by Perpetually Tortured Matt vs Insanely Charismatic & Evil Robert.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2012, 01:06 AM   #223
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I haven't been watching - did Ric die for real this time?
Yes. When Ester turned him into a vampire she used Elena's blood and tied her life to his--so when she died he'd die. Rebekak caused Matt to crash into a river--Stefan shows up and he only had enough time to save one and Elena wanted Matt saved so Stefan obliged.

Elena drowns so when she died Alaric died--later he shows up to Jeremy--who can see ghosts and Alaric is back to his nice self.
Old May 12 2012, 01:12 AM   #224
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

So Elena's a vampire and Tyler has been possessed by Klaus? I never thought they'd make Elena a vamp, because doesn't that spoil the whole angst angle? She'll probably start chasing Matt now, or maybe Jeremy. He's not off the menu, because they aren't related by blood and anyway, it's only metaphorical sex.

I might have to start watching this show again.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2012, 01:18 AM   #225
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

No Christmas is Cancelled yuckking?

That really felt like the final last night.

What teases.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote