RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,959
Posts: 5,391,552
Members: 24,723
Currently online: 502
Newest member: terkarivish

TrekToday headlines

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Free Star Trek Trexels Game
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

New Trek-themed Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Aug 21

IDW Publishing November Trek Comic
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: How do you grade The Avengers?
A+ 149 46.42%
A 102 31.78%
A- 30 9.35%
B+ 17 5.30%
B 11 3.43%
B- 5 1.56%
C+ 0 0%
C 4 1.25%
C- 1 0.31%
D+ 1 0.31%
D 0 0%
D- 0 0%
F 1 0.31%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 9 2012, 10:29 PM   #751
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Tyberius wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Anyone think it would have been cool to show Captain America picking up Thor's hammer? Maybe during the battle Thor gets knocked for a loop, Cap's shield is lost somewhere, and he reaches for the nearest weapon available. Just until Thor is back on his feet.

Not a "sword in the stone" moment or a "hero wields ultimate weapon" moment, just a quick look of surprise by Thor that confirms what we already know: He's worthy.
Or maybe Mjolnir lands at Cap's feet and he just tosses it back to Thor, ala 390.
My idea is that during a fight, Thor gets knocked down and separated from Mjolnir. Then after the fight's over, we get a close-up of Mjolnir just as someone lifts it off of the ground. Thor gets to his feet, looking surprised, and then we cut to Cap walking over and handing Mjolnir back to Thor, then walking off without even really realizing what he'd just done. Sort of a "Cap is worthy of the hammer, but it belongs with Thor" moment.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 10:34 PM   #752
Derishton
Vice Admiral
 
Derishton's Avatar
 
Location: Nova Scotia (Derishton)
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

They need to save that for when they do a three-hour Kree-Skrull War movie. Also, they really need to do a three-hour Kree-Skrull War movie.
__________________
I want to be sedated.
Derishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 10:49 PM   #753
jep316
Fleet Captain
 
jep316's Avatar
 
Location: The Venture Compound
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Anyone think it would have been cool to show Captain America picking up Thor's hammer? Maybe during the battle Thor gets knocked for a loop, Cap's shield is lost somewhere, and he reaches for the nearest weapon available. Just until Thor is back on his feet.

Not a "sword in the stone" moment or a "hero wields ultimate weapon" moment, just a quick look of surprise by Thor that confirms what we already know: He's worthy.
Another cool thing could been Thor using Caps Shield and remarking he should get one of his own.
__________________
" Don't attend your own funeral as a guy named Phil Shiffly." Direct TV ad

"Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever,you keep on talking." Hank Hill
jep316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 10:49 PM   #754
Admiral James Kirk
Writer
 
Admiral James Kirk's Avatar
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Don't look for Spider-man, Beast or Wolverine to join the Avengers lineup anytime during this incarnation of the team with these actors it seems.

Disney has no plans to buy back any Marvel Characters
Disney has no plans to buy back Marvel Comics characters.

The publisher's parent company has revealed that it has no intention of pursuing the rights to properties owned by other studios, reports ComicBook.com.

I couldn't imagine them getting Spider-Man and X-Men back for less than a billion dollars. Why bother when they own the Avengers? Right now, it looks like the Avengers franchise is a license to print money. If Fox and Sony are smart they might want to finagle a co-production with Disney on crossover flicks. Who wouldn't want to see Avengers vs. X-Men?
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 10:58 PM   #755
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
I couldn't imagine them getting Spider-Man and X-Men back for less than a billion dollars. Why bother when they own the Avengers? Right now, it looks like the Avengers franchise is a license to print money. If Fox and Sony are smart they might want to finagle a co-production with Disney on crossover flicks. Who wouldn't want to see Avengers vs. X-Men?
I wouldn't. The only property I'd like to see Marvel get back is the Fantastic Four.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 10:59 PM   #756
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Lost in Moria (Arlington, WA, USA)
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Tyberius wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Anyone think it would have been cool to show Captain America picking up Thor's hammer? Maybe during the battle Thor gets knocked for a loop, Cap's shield is lost somewhere, and he reaches for the nearest weapon available. Just until Thor is back on his feet.

Not a "sword in the stone" moment or a "hero wields ultimate weapon" moment, just a quick look of surprise by Thor that confirms what we already know: He's worthy.
Or maybe Mjolnir lands at Cap's feet and he just tosses it back to Thor, ala 390.
My idea is that during a fight, Thor gets knocked down and separated from Mjolnir. Then after the fight's over, we get a close-up of Mjolnir just as someone lifts it off of the ground. Thor gets to his feet, looking surprised, and then we cut to Cap walking over and handing Mjolnir back to Thor, then walking off without even really realizing what he'd just done. Sort of a "Cap is worthy of the hammer, but it belongs with Thor" moment.
I like that idea better.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 11:17 PM   #757
Admiral James Kirk
Writer
 
Admiral James Kirk's Avatar
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
I couldn't imagine them getting Spider-Man and X-Men back for less than a billion dollars. Why bother when they own the Avengers? Right now, it looks like the Avengers franchise is a license to print money. If Fox and Sony are smart they might want to finagle a co-production with Disney on crossover flicks. Who wouldn't want to see Avengers vs. X-Men?
I wouldn't. The only property I'd like to see Marvel get back is the Fantastic Four.

I imaging they could get FF back quite cheaply. Those movies didn't exactly set the box office on fire the way the Spidey or X flicks did.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 11:33 PM   #758
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Don't look for Spider-man, Beast or Wolverine to join the Avengers lineup anytime during this incarnation of the team with these actors it seems.

Disney has no plans to buy back any Marvel Characters
Disney has no plans to buy back Marvel Comics characters.

The publisher's parent company has revealed that it has no intention of pursuing the rights to properties owned by other studios, reports ComicBook.com.
I'm not necessarily interested in seeing Spidey or Wolverine become a part of the Avengers lineup; I just think it would be cool as hell to have them pop up in the same movie and assist the Avengers in some way. Or help out in the final giant battle.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 11:35 PM   #759
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

yeah, i could see how that would go...



M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2012, 11:47 PM   #760
Ethros
Vice Admiral
 
Ethros's Avatar
 
Location: 1123 6536 5321
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

^ Seriously, why doesn't the Trek BBS have a like option?

Great btw
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 01:08 AM   #761
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Methos wrote: View Post
yeah, i could see how that would go...



M
Fury's one dude he wouldn't be able to get away with saying that to.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 01:23 AM   #762
Wereghost
Commodore
 
Wereghost's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland.
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

^ Logan wouldn't even get to finish that sentence.
__________________
"Two things have always been true about human beings. One, the world is always getting better. Two, the people living at that time think it`s getting worse."
Penn Jillette.
Wereghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 02:01 AM   #763
TremblingBluStar
Vice Admiral
 
TremblingBluStar's Avatar
 
Location: Fort Dodge, IA
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
I think that makes sense. Spiderman and X-Men stand well on their own. The others would feel out of place too.
Further, they should stick with and further explore the already established characters - not throw new ones into the mix.
TremblingBluStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 02:06 AM   #764
Unicron
Continuity Spackle
 
Unicron's Avatar
 
Location: With the Dead Poets
Send a message via ICQ to Unicron
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Anyone else particularly like the scene where...

__________________

"My dream is to eat candy and poop emeralds. I'm halfway successful."


Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 03:33 AM   #765
Aldo
Admiral
 
Aldo's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere Out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Unicron wrote: View Post
Anyone else particularly like the scene where...

What is it that he says? "Well this is pretty horrible." The way he says it to.

I saw it a second time today. Still a solid film, wonder how it will hold up on repeated viewings on DVD though? Probably just as good as the others.
__________________
Don't believe everything I say.
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
avengers, black widow, captain america, hawkeye, hulk, iron man, loki, marvel, thor

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.