Junior Seau, dead

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Squiggy, May 2, 2012.

1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

The 12 time pro-bowler died today of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was only 43.

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Yeah, apparently the SUV crash failed in 2010. Condolences to his 3 children, wife and distraught mother. They are the real victims here. :(

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

He was a great player.

RIP Junior.

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Great player. Always gave 110% out on the field and was a great guy to root for when he was on the Pats. Tho sad, hopefully something about concussions and the impact that they have on the brain, can be learned from this.

5. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was a great player but I cannot say I ever rooted much for him since he spent so many years with the Chargers tackling John Elway.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Terrible to hear this. :( I've never liked (and often hated) the Chargers, but always liked Seau.

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I heard this in the car yesterday. At first it was a couple of fringe websites, then when the ESPNs and SD TV stations starting reporting it, you knew it was legit. I was shocked.

It'd be interesting to see what that NFL brain study at Boston U. might find if given the chance.

He was a great player, sure fire HOFer.

8. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Commodore

Terrible for his family. Terrible for the city of San Diego. He was a man who loved the city and did a lot for it and the people of the city felt the same way.

In many ways, until that incident with his girlfriend and his suicide, he was a model "ex football player".