Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old April 30 2012, 02:31 PM   #256
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Re: (2011)-2012 NBA Season

You should also give the Clippers some credit too, you know.
Old April 30 2012, 03:03 PM   #257
Borgminister

I give Paul the credit, the man has an indomitable will to win, and that attitude carries over to his teammates.

Seems to me that Memphis is a leaderless team. Maybe they're worse off with Gay as the number one instead of Zach?
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2012, 03:42 PM   #258
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

No lie it was uncharacteristic. Where did the smothering defense go? 27 points? Are they serious? The Clippers are good, but they aren't that good. I understand they put in the bench when they were up by 27. Did it not occur to the coach to put his starters back in or something? Did someone from the Griz get injured? What happened?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2012, 06:56 AM   #259
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I can't afford hair color to cover the gray hair you're giving me, Thunder. Cut it out and put someone away early for a change, dammit!!!! You don't have to give up double digit leads to make it exciting at the end. Poor little Dirky was getting a bit chippy. Tempers were flaring. Glad it didn't get out of control too much. What a putz he was with that flop later in the game. Mega flopping.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.

Last edited by Dorian Thompson; May 1 2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old May 1 2012, 12:06 PM   #260
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Nice job hitting the glass last night Amare.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2012, 04:11 PM   #261
Neroon
Mod of balance

Dirk wasn't the only one acting up, either. Ibaka and Perkins were front and center as well, but the referees got it under control. I think the Mavs miss Tyson Chandler juuuust a bit.

But OKC is looking very good, a real threat to take the West crown. This may not be the championship Mavs of last season, but they are still veteran on and off the court, so to pull out two close ones says something about OKC's resolve and maturity. And that all starts with Durant.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2012, 02:15 AM   #262
Borgminister

If the Mavs hold serve at home, I wouldn't count them out...
Old May 2 2012, 04:50 AM   #263
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Dirk wasn't the only one acting up, either. Ibaka and Perkins were front and center as well, but the referees got it under control. I think the Mavs miss Tyson Chandler juuuust a bit.
My sweet innocent low key Perkins? Never. How dare you slander such a serene, timid little man as Perk? He's so shy and laid back. Doesn't even have a temper. Yeah, the refs got it under control by calling a foul every time someone went to the basket in the second half. 79 free throws total in the game. Holy Mary mother of Joseph. They were afraid things were getting a bit too "chippy" and didn't want another Artest type situation to possibly happen so they clamped down in the extreme.

Cuban's the dumb ass who traded Chandler and Berea so he could go after Dwight Howard the vacillating wonder. I don't feel a bit sorry for him that it blew up in his face. The Thunder figured out that Dirk's going to get his points, but if they smother Jet, which Westbrook did most successfully, they could get the job done. So far it's panned out. Crossing my fingers. If the Thunder can take one in Dallas, I think it's in the bag. I found the article on SB Nation (which was written after OKC took both games) asking whether "the Thunder is in real trouble against the Mavericks" a bit annoying. The theory is, since the Thunder had trouble putting Dallas away, that they're doomed to lose the series. They didn't win by 30, so they're in trouble. Was Dallas supposed to wilt and blow away like paper? I missed that memo.

Old May 2 2012, 03:01 PM   #264
Borgminister

Things might be a tad different had Odom righted his own ship in the face of his own personal tragedies.

Pierce does a Tebow!

And Doug Collins needs to lay off the 5-hour energy at his age!
Old May 4 2012, 05:46 AM   #265
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Mmmmm, I love the taste of buttery Texas Toast near midnight.

Hope I get a chance for seconds in a couple of weeks.

Old May 4 2012, 10:39 PM   #266
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Thoughts on Phil Mushnick
s comment about Jay Z's Brooklyn Nets?

Nets on Jay-Z track
As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new “urban” home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?
Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N------s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B----hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!
I know I should add my own thoughts, but I'm not really sure what to say. To think that someone thinks it's a good idea to write this astounds me.
Old May 5 2012, 07:48 AM   #267
Borgminister

Screw the marketing, hire the Zenmaster. And let Jackson prove once and for all that he's the Buddha of Basketball.
Old May 5 2012, 12:12 PM   #268
Neroon
Mod of balance

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Mmmmm, I love the taste of buttery Texas Toast near midnight.

Hope I get a chance for seconds in a couple of weeks.
That may have been a direct results of two of your guys participating in "Take A Supermodel To Work Day".

- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2012, 04:32 PM   #269
Borgminister

Ah, Denver. The exuberance of youth! I'm sure that'll wear off by Sunday though.
Old May 5 2012, 07:28 PM   #270
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh God. I heard about her little visit. The funny thing is, that's pretty much Harden's real personality. He's such a weirdo.

She can come back if it makes us sweep the Lakers. Hey, whatever works. If it takes a ditzy supermodel, so be it.