Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old April 11 2012, 11:28 AM   #76
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Re: Am I the only one who loves SGU?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI34_...eature=related
Old April 11 2012, 01:59 PM   #77
The Wormhole
Admiral

Quite possibly the only one of SGU's montages that was actually any good.
Old April 11 2012, 09:55 PM   #78
Gary7
Rear Admiral

I really liked season 2. It rocked. Yeah, it had a few sorry episodes, but some were spectacular. I especially loved the seed ship episodes.

I only wish they'd taken an angle where Elliot and Dr. Rush figure out how to broadcast the drone signals to make Destiny appear as friend, not foe. Or, a means of reprogramming the drones over the air, turning them against the command ship. They could do this anytime they enter a system with drones present, and basically neutralize the threat.

Anyway, the idea of leaping directly to the next galaxy was a good one, with everyone on board in stasis. If we'd gotten to a 3rd season, we'd have seen everyone come out of hibernation to observe the new galaxy and a whole new set of challenges. It was just... getting... started... *sob*....
Old April 16 2012, 09:10 PM   #79
Qutluch
Commander

samalex wrote: View Post
I've watched a few Stargate episodes over the years, but I hadn't just fallen in love with any of them until SGU. I watched the first couple of episodes when they originally aired then as goes life I just didn't make it a priority and fell out of it. I'm now watching them on Netflix and am about 10 episodes from the end of season two, which I guess is all they made.

But from reading the comments about SGU it seems that most die hard SG fans don't care for the show. Why? I'm totally digging the storylines and character development, and given I loved TNG, DS9, and Voy, I see elements of all three in SGU.
Personally, I am a big fan too. I was disappointed when the show ended.
Old April 23 2012, 08:07 PM   #80
david lowbridge
Lieutenant Commander

i loved the show. but i love all things stargate. my wife loved the show so much, she kept on wanting the next episode until it was so late at night she was almost falling asleep.
Old April 28 2012, 01:59 PM   #81
EmoBorg
Fleet Captain

i enjoyed SGU especially it's dark setting. It was a big departure from the more lighter toned SG1 and SGA.

I do feel sad that nowdays we don't have any new space based sci fi shows on tv . We got reruns of star trek and stargate to watch though and i do feel contend watching them.
Old April 28 2012, 02:17 PM   #82
MacLeod
Admiral

Well strictly speaking there is a space based sci-fi show, it's just on hiatus at the moment until it returns to the screens later in the year, "Red Dwarf", as well as DW of course, which just uses a different means of ship to travel between worlds.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old April 28 2012, 06:58 PM   #83
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^^ Those legendary British hiatuses.

I think Doctor Who is kind of pushing it in as a space-based series, almost like calling Star Trek a time travel series. Sure some episodes involve other planets but I don't think it's quite the same.
Old April 28 2012, 07:00 PM   #84
RoJoHen
Awesome

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

I think Doctor Who is kind of pushing it in as a space-based series, almost like calling Star Trek a time travel series. Sure some episodes involve other planets but I don't think it's quite the same.
Indeed. Doctor Who is a genre all its own. I need a new space opera!
Old April 29 2012, 10:58 AM   #85
MacLeod
Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Well some shows just refuse to die.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old May 1 2012, 01:31 PM   #86
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

I think they would've been woken up before they reached the other galaxy. Before three years had passed, Stargate Command would have found a way to appease the Langarans and use their planets power to dial the Destiny and set up a supply route.

That's what I like to think anyway.

Also, I miss Lt. James.
Old May 1 2012, 02:07 PM   #87
The Wormhole
Admiral

Bob Morton wrote: View Post
I think they would've been woken up before they reached the other galaxy. Before three years had passed, Stargate Command would have found a way to appease the Langarans and use their planets power to dial the Destiny and set up a supply route.
Even if they did that, they'd nave no way to refuel the ship (no stars between galaxies) so it probably be safer to wait the three years until Destiny reached the new galaxy.
Old May 1 2012, 03:16 PM   #88
RoJoHen
Awesome

Also, I miss Lt. James.
What I wondered about Lt. James...

Did they intentionally cast someone with giant boobs so that they could make reference to them throughout the show, or did they cast an actress who happened to have big boobs and then decide that they should draw attention to them?
Old May 1 2012, 03:35 PM   #89
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

Big boobs draw attention to themselves.

She was tough too; crackin' that whiner in the face. Maybe a little crazy too, like when she had that bug stuck in her neck.

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Even if they did that, they'd nave no way to refuel the ship (no stars between galaxies) so it probably be safer to wait the three years until Destiny reached the new galaxy.
Safer, yes, but that would've been part of the drama; stuck a million years from nowhere. Maybe they'd run into those guys from the Voyager episode where they were crossing between spiral arms. It would have been the IOA That forced the SGC to open the wormhole early.

Anyway, it's a moot point as we may never know...
Old May 1 2012, 03:37 PM   #90
RoJoHen
Awesome

Big boobs draw attention to themselves.
Well, yes, but I don't find that Stargate characters typically acknowledge those kinds of things as a part of the script. I just thought it was funny.