Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old April 26 2012, 08:04 PM   #76
gazomg
Commander

Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

BruntFCA wrote: View Post
Man I wish I lived in London.
Being a feregi you would need to exploit a lot of people to afford a top price ticket

http://gazomg-trek-art.blogspot.ie/
Old April 27 2012, 07:16 PM   #77
Admiral Bear
Captain

Dunno about anyone else, but I'll be much happier when someone involved in organising this event decides to book the venue.
Old April 28 2012, 06:29 PM   #78
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander

Oh your right Bear. That is a bit worrying. I just went to the Excel site to check and MCM Expo is the only scifi show listed in october. Maybe excel just haven't updated the page yet.
Old April 28 2012, 10:28 PM   #79
Admiral Bear
Captain

nacelle wrote: View Post
Oh your right Bear. That is a bit worrying. I just went to the Excel site to check and MCM Expo is the only scifi show listed in october. Maybe excel just haven't updated the page yet.
This is typical Shamasters, I'm afraid. Earls Court never know anything about LFCC until about a month before the event. This has been happening for a few years now. Yet you make any mention of this on their forums and you get the mods on there calling Earls Court incompetent for not updating its website. The truth is that Shamasters haven't made the booking. I'd hoped Media 10 might have made the booking, but there's no evidence of it so far.

If someone else decides to book Excel on the weekend of Trek, I wonder what would happen? Given the behaviour of Shamasters over the years, I'm sure there are one or two organisers in the UK who'd like to do some damage.
Old April 29 2012, 04:39 PM   #80
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander

Uh oh. Just been to the earls court/olympia site and LFCC isnt listed there either. There might be a problem since another event is at olympia till july 5th. Lfcc is supposed to be there from july 6-8.
It doesnt give the other show time to move out and LFCC to set up for the next day!
Theres nothing at earls court on those dates though. Maybe they will have to move the venue there.
Shamaster had better get their act together if they expect to have a LFCC in july.
Old April 29 2012, 04:43 PM   #81
carnosoul
Ensign

Uh oh. Just been to the earls court/olympia site and LFCC isnt listed there either. There might be a problem since another event is at olympia till july 5th. Lfcc is supposed to be there from july 6-8.
It doesnt give the other show time to move out and LFCC to set up for the next day!
Theres nothing at earls court on those dates though. Maybe they will have to move the venue there.
Shamaster had better get their act together if they expect to have a LFCC in july.
Civil Service Live
Venue: Olympia National Hall
Dates: 03-05 July 2012

Imbibe Live 2012
Venue: Olympia Grand Hall
Dates: 03-04 July 2012

As London Film And Comic Con is in the Olympia Grand Hall from 6th July, what's the problem?
Old April 29 2012, 06:12 PM   #82
Steve1960
Ensign

I've just ordered three tickets for this convention and they cost 29 pound each. I don't hold out any hope of meeting a captain I just want to be there and see some props and sets. And keep the dream of star trek alive.
Old April 29 2012, 06:15 PM   #83
Steve1960
Ensign

The convention is at the excel centre in london
Old April 29 2012, 06:20 PM   #84
Cakemonster
Ensign

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
This is typical Shamasters, I'm afraid. Earls Court never know anything about LFCC until about a month before the event. This has been happening for a few years now. Yet you make any mention of this on their forums and you get the mods on there calling Earls Court incompetent for not updating its website. The truth is that Shamasters haven't made the booking. I'd hoped Media 10 might have made the booking, but there's no evidence of it so far.

If someone else decides to book Excel on the weekend of Trek, I wonder what would happen? Given the behaviour of Shamasters over the years, I'm sure there are one or two organisers in the UK who'd like to do some damage.
Why is it that you were unable to answer a simple question directed at you on the previous page, yet you are able to come back on this thread to attack again and spread malice I remember the three or more times that you pointed this out on another forum and all of the events went ahead ...

Last edited by Cakemonster; April 29 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old April 29 2012, 07:34 PM   #85
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander

carnosoul wrote: View Post
Civil Service Live

Imbibe Live 2012

As London Film And Comic Con is in the Olympia Grand Hall from 6th July, what's the problem?
Ive said the problem in my post.
It doesnt give the other show time to move out and LFCC to set up for the next day! The final day of civil service live is the 5th. LFCC is supposed to start on the 6th.
Do you have any idea how much time it takes to set things up and takes things down for an event?
Edited: ok didnt notice the two different halls. But it still doesnt really give the other show time to move out of the grand hall and LFCC to move in.
Point is they haven't booked the hall. If they had it would be on the olympia/earls court site. They shouldn't be advertising an event if they haven't booked the venue for it. If someone else comes along and books those date for whatever venue then they are going to be screwed. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean that it won't happen in the future.
I dont know why the're moving it to olympia anyway. The parking around there is terrible. At least theres decent parking at earls court.
Old April 29 2012, 07:41 PM   #86
Cakemonster
Ensign

carnosoul wrote: View Post
Civil Service Live

Imbibe Live 2012

Ive said the problem in my post.
It doesnt give the other show time to move out and LFCC to set up for the next day! The final day of civil service live is the 5th. LFCC is supposed to start on the 6th.
Do you have any idea how much time it takes to set things up and takes things down for an event?
Edited: ok didnt notice the two different halls. But it still doesnt really give the other show time to move out of the grand hall and LFCC to move in.
The event will have to move out of that hall the day it finishes, as otherwise the organisers would have to pay for an additional day of hire, which would cost thousands of pounds

Last edited by Cakemonster; April 29 2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Changing post due to above post being edited
Old April 29 2012, 08:28 PM   #87
carnosoul
Ensign

From attending a previous LFCC event as a dealer, I can confirm that they 'set up' the day before it starts, and everything is moved out the day it finishes.

So what is said above is correct - all events are out by the end of their final day. The timeline works FINE.
Old May 9 2012, 06:13 PM   #88
Cakemonster
Ensign

Photoshoot tickets now on sale
Old May 10 2012, 11:40 PM   #89
Admiral Bear
Captain

Star Trek London still not listed on the Excel event calendar. Come on, MCM! Move Expo forward a week!
Old May 11 2012, 11:49 AM   #90
Cakemonster
Ensign

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
Star Trek London still not listed on the Excel event calendar. Come on, MCM! Move Expo forward a week!
From my knowledge you've not been to an event in years, so why would you want expo to be brought forward? I think that you just want to shove a spanner into the works . Not trying to be funny, but you're just on here to try and crumble the reputation of event organisers. It doesn't even matter who the organisers are, as I've seen it all from you before. It's all quite petty if I do say so. If you're not interested why don't you just not post I think your time would be better spent elsewhere if I'm honest.
Closed Thread