Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 24 2012, 06:52 AM   #1036
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Brikar99 wrote: View Post
Is it me, or are his head and his hand... do they look too big to anyone else?
DK Mode?
Win.
Old April 24 2012, 06:57 AM   #1037
Aldo
Admiral

Here's a better version of the picture (I'm not sure what it was, but the angle of the scan or something caused him to look thinner):

Old April 24 2012, 07:02 AM   #1038
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I love that pic. Also the Shanghai scene still reminds me of "The Dark Knight" *Shrugs*. I'm ready for the teaser trailer already! Oh and Aldo I'm willing to give Thomas Newman a chance.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 07:08 AM   #1039
Aldo
Admiral

Rumor has it that the teaser is going to play in front of MIB3. Which works for me, since I was planning on seeing it anyways. Though that means we have to wait till the end of May for it to show up online.
Old April 24 2012, 10:38 AM   #1040
Starkers
Admiral

Aldo wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Starkers wrote: View Post
I get the impression Daniel didn't get to go to Shanghai, I think it was all second unit filming as far as I could tell.
If you look at the video blog and the .gif I posted he was there.
Maybe for a day or two.

That nighttime skyline sure isn't London or a green screen. Unless it's a very detailed backdrop :P
I'm pretty sure it's a very detailed backdrop. I've been following the production since day one on another site and up until recently Craig has been in London filming. He's now in Turkey filming for the PTS, and he's already been in Scotland filming scenes for the finale, but as far as I know he never went to Shanghai.
Well I was just going on what I'd read here, but MI6 might have got it wrong.

Daniel Craig and the rest of the principle cast will not be traveling to China for any filming.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 08:14 PM   #1041
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Rumor has it that the teaser is going to play in front of MIB3. Which works for me, since I was planning on seeing it anyways. Though that means we have to wait till the end of May for it to show up online.

Plus it's(MIII) another SONY movie. So yeah the rumors and likelihood are high.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 08:23 PM   #1042
23skidoo
Admiral

The Shanghai bits (at least those that I've seen) have a very "Blade Runner" look to them.
Which makes sense when you watch the documentaries on the Blade Runner Blu-ray and hear that the Los Angeles of Blade Runner already exists today in places like Shanghai.

I am looking forward to this. I am disappointed they didn't use another Fleming title (Property of a Lady is just dying to be used and Risico isn't bad either) but that's a minor thing. They have Q back (and I like the guy they've chosen based on his work in The Hour) and if Newton ends up playing Moneypenny, or even if they have someone else play her (Kate Winslet, please; see the Jeffrey Deaver Bond novel), all will be right with the world.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 08:23 PM   #1043
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^ Unlikely that Winslet will be in a Mendes movie, I would've thought...
Old April 24 2012, 08:27 PM   #1044
23skidoo
Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^ Unlikely that Winslet will be in a Mendes movie, I would've thought...
Why? Did I miss something?

Just in reply to something posted a couple pages back, Anna Chapman would be perfect for a Bond film cameo. Remember these are technically British films, not American films, and really not a heck of a lot of Americans are mad at her either (even Joe Biden told Jay Leno it wasn't his idea to send her back). She's a big TV star or something in Russia now so it'd add to Skyfall's European/Asian cachet. And frankly if she hadn't been deported she'd have been on Dancing with the Stars by now anyway. Heck, if I was EON productions I'd go for controversy points and cast her as the Bond girl in a remake of or sequel to From Russia with Love, if she can act (and clearly, based on her exploits, she can!).

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 08:32 PM   #1045
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^ They've been separated for over 2 years. I don't know if it's amicable or ugly but they haven't worked together since.
Old April 24 2012, 10:49 PM   #1046
Aldo
Admiral

Even if MI6 got it wrong, the timeline doesn't add up. Up until recently Craig has been in England filming. Whether that be around London, or at Pinewood studios, he never left the country. Only recently did he leave England to head to Turkey to film the opening.
Old April 24 2012, 11:01 PM   #1047
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^ They've been separated for over 2 years. I don't know if it's amicable or ugly but they haven't worked together since.
Hmm didn't know that.

This is just me but I find some really odd parallel or vague connection.

Daniel Craig marries Rachel weisz who's ex is Darren aronofsky

Kate Winslet separates from Sam Mendes

Maybe i'm looking too deep or at nothing.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2012, 12:08 PM   #1048
Starkers
Admiral

I think Mendes and Winslet are fairly amicable, if only for the sake of their child (well children given Mendes was stepfather to Kate's first child too) but I doubt they'll work together again.

My dream Moneypenny casting would still be Emilia Fox but not gonna happen sadly.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2012, 04:31 AM   #1049
Aldo
Admiral

Sony demoed their 2012 lineup at a recent Convention in Mexico, and of course among the movies being previewed was 'Skyfall'

It begins with an interrogation scene, possibly a psych evaluation of Bond as someone is doing a word association game with the agent. At first we hear it as narration over a couple of establishing shots of London, starting with "Country" to which Bond responds "England." "Gun" is next, with the response being "Shot," followed by "agent" and "provocateur," and "murder" to which Bond replies "employment." By then, we're into the interrogation room and there are three people behind the glass looking on with Dame Judi Dench's M and Ralph Fiennes' Mallory being the most prominent, though we're not sure who the third person was. (In hindsight, either that third person or the interrogator may have been Albert Finney's character, but we're not sure.) When the interrogator says "Skyfall," Bond doesn't respond so he says "Skyfall" again and Bond says "Done" and gets up to leave.
Rest can be found comingsoon.net
Old April 26 2012, 05:58 AM   #1050
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Sony demoed their 2012 lineup at a recent Convention in Mexico, and of course among the movies being previewed was 'Skyfall'

It begins with an interrogation scene, possibly a psych evaluation of Bond as someone is doing a word association game with the agent. At first we hear it as narration over a couple of establishing shots of London, starting with "Country" to which Bond responds "England." "Gun" is next, with the response being "Shot," followed by "agent" and "provocateur," and "murder" to which Bond replies "employment." By then, we're into the interrogation room and there are three people behind the glass looking on with Dame Judi Dench's M and Ralph Fiennes' Mallory being the most prominent, though we're not sure who the third person was. (In hindsight, either that third person or the interrogator may have been Albert Finney's character, but we're not sure.) When the interrogator says "Skyfall," Bond doesn't respond so he says "Skyfall" again and Bond says "Done" and gets up to leave.
Rest can be found comingsoon.net
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it.