RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,349
Posts: 5,354,389
Members: 24,620
Currently online: 600
Newest member: Cultiste

TrekToday headlines

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 23 2012, 04:02 AM   #31
Balrog
Commodore
 
Balrog's Avatar
 
Location: Balrog
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
T'Girl wrote: View Post
Well, is there anybody here who actually likes looking at Stephen Collins "bulge?"
I understand it puts Dr Gillian Taylor into Seventh Heaven.
And speaking of titillating protrusions, there's Dr. Gillian Taylor's scene outside the cloaked BOP in Star Trek IV. Yowza!
__________________
Anybody got some peppermint?
Balrog was Lloyd Dobler
Balrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 04:25 AM   #32
Elder Knight
Captain
 
Location: SE USA
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Come on now, it was just a film editor's boner.

Er, mistake.
Elder Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 04:48 AM   #33
awiltz2
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Chicago, IL
Send a message via AIM to awiltz2 Send a message via Yahoo to awiltz2
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Lloyd Dobler wrote: View Post
Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
T'Girl wrote: View Post
Well, is there anybody here who actually likes looking at Stephen Collins "bulge?"
I understand it puts Dr Gillian Taylor into Seventh Heaven.
And speaking of titillating protrusions, there's Dr. Gillian Taylor's scene outside the cloaked BOP in Star Trek IV. Yowza!
It must have been, chilly. I think I much prefer the Taylor Unit(s).

http://s18.postimage.org/fffajj0q1/Trek2.png

Last edited by awiltz2; April 23 2012 at 05:18 AM.
awiltz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 06:54 AM   #34
Balrog
Commodore
 
Balrog's Avatar
 
Location: Balrog
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

^But then they blasted into the 23rd Century...

Damn the 23rd Century and its anti-nippage technologies!
__________________
Anybody got some peppermint?
Balrog was Lloyd Dobler
Balrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 07:04 AM   #35
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Data Holmes wrote: View Post
The visibility of the Decker Unit has been well known for years.
"It's still regulation, Admiral."
Nice.

awiltz2 wrote: View Post
Lloyd Dobler wrote: View Post
Therin of Andor wrote: View Post

I understand it puts Dr Gillian Taylor into Seventh Heaven.
And speaking of titillating protrusions, there's Dr. Gillian Taylor's scene outside the cloaked BOP in Star Trek IV. Yowza!
It must have been, chilly. I think I much prefer the Taylor Unit(s).

http://s18.postimage.org/fffajj0q1/Trek2.png
That or it was the running in the sweater...


Huh, I wonder of that shot was done before or after she had the kissing scene with shatner.
__________________
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right. - Anonymous.
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 07:28 AM   #36
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Could you blame Decker for sporting wood? Ilia was drop dead gorgeous so of course the Unit was activated.
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 07:24 PM   #37
Jeyl
Commodore
 
Jeyl's Avatar
 
Location: Asheville, NC
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Could you blame Decker for sporting wood? Ilia was drop dead gorgeous so of course the Unit was activated.
Except the moment in question occurs before Ilia even joined the crew.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 08:27 PM   #38
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

^ That just shows how powerful an effect Deltans have.
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 09:00 PM   #39
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Jeyl wrote: View Post
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Could you blame Decker for sporting wood? Ilia was drop dead gorgeous so of course the Unit was activated.
Except the moment in question occurs before Ilia even joined the crew.
And if that's "wood", Ilia woulda been disappointed.
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 11:32 PM   #40
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Maurice wrote: View Post
Jeyl wrote: View Post
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Could you blame Decker for sporting wood? Ilia was drop dead gorgeous so of course the Unit was activated.
Except the moment in question occurs before Ilia even joined the crew.
And if that's "wood", Ilia woulda been disappointed.
Yea, looks like it's at rest, but, not folded down.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2012, 11:58 PM   #41
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Is it wrong that I think it would be great for someone to print out a high quality photo of that image and have Stephen Collins sign it as "Stephen "Decker Unit" Collins"
__________________
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right. - Anonymous.
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 12:02 AM   #42
awiltz2
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Chicago, IL
Send a message via AIM to awiltz2 Send a message via Yahoo to awiltz2
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Is it wrong that I think it would be great for someone to print out a high quality photo of that image and have Stephen Collins sign it as "Stephen "Decker Unit" Collins"
If Collins will be at the Vegas Convention in August, I am getting this photo signed as such. Best ~$20 ever spent.
awiltz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 02:33 PM   #43
bbailey861
Admiral
 
bbailey861's Avatar
 
Location: Kingston, ON
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Lloyd Dobler wrote: View Post
Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
T'Girl wrote: View Post
Well, is there anybody here who actually likes looking at Stephen Collins "bulge?"
I understand it puts Dr Gillian Taylor into Seventh Heaven.
And speaking of titillating protrusions, there's Dr. Gillian Taylor's scene outside the cloaked BOP in Star Trek IV. Yowza!
A magnificent scene that I remember well. Gorgeous and smart as a whip all in one yummy package.
I never did notice the 'Decker unit" until this thread.
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 03:10 PM   #44
ssosmcin
Rear Admiral
 
ssosmcin's Avatar
 
Location: ssosmcin
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

This has been one hell of a funny thread. Thanks. I showed my sister the Executive Officer's Log and she didn't walk away impressed. Maybe he was in the pool.
__________________
"Tranya is people!"
ssosmcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2012, 08:18 PM   #45
Tiberius
Commodore
 
Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Decker's bulge?

Decker Unit. My God, everyone's going to call it that now...
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.