New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old April 18 2012, 07:40 PM   #61
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

well i'll be at the london event, at least for one day, probably two... should be a good laugh

M
Old April 18 2012, 07:41 PM   #62
Admiral Bear
Captain

carnosoul wrote: View Post
Having worked with Showmasters, MCM Expo, Creation and numerous other
blah blah yadda yadda.

It's amazing how all these posts from new accounts spring up as soon as you criticise Shamasters on a forum they don't control. Who sent you over here? Joiner? Bedwell?

You people are so funny. Now back you go to your little Joiner sex doll and have a play before I start posting stuff on here that will certainly get the attention of CBS.
Old April 18 2012, 09:31 PM   #63
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander

And Showmasters? Well they could put on the best Star Trek event the UK has ever seen, and you would not even acknowledge it. We all know what you're like.
The best Star Trek event the UK has ever seen was in blackpool in 2001. There will never be another trek event in this country to ever rival that.
Old April 18 2012, 09:41 PM   #64
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

Methos wrote: View Post
well i'll be at the london event, at least for one day, probably two... should be a good laugh
Promise to take lots of pictures to make us envious!

Hercule Poirot
: I am an imbecile. I see only half of the picture.
Miss Lemon: I don't even see that.
Old April 18 2012, 09:44 PM   #65
carnosoul
Ensign

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
blah blah yadda yadda.

It's amazing how all these posts from new accounts spring up as soon as you criticise Shamasters on a forum they don't control. Who sent you over here? Joiner? Bedwell?

You people are so funny. Now back you go to your little Joiner sex doll and have a play before I start posting stuff on here that will certainly get the attention of CBS.
Nobody 'sent me over here' - I think you'll find I've addressed your problems with other convention organisers too have I not? It just so happens that this is your latest target for venom.

Have a look on Red Carpet. That's how I found out you were here Bear. People are always aware of your behaviour and your threats. EVERY convention organiser that knows how you work is keeping an eye on you. They know you are looking to ruin them and won't stop at anything.
Old April 18 2012, 10:20 PM   #66
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Ok, some people need to calm down in here. Thankfully, most posts have stayed on the reasonable side, thanks for that, folks. Anyway:

I have a word for this event. It begins with S, has a C, an A, and an M in it.
Admiral Bear, I understand you've had bad experiences in the past and it's ok to talk about them in here. However, accusing companies of scam or fraud in this way can have legal consequences for our board so I politely ask you not to do it, especially not in the form of this:

Now back you go to your little Joiner sex doll and have a play before I start posting stuff on here that will certainly get the attention of CBS.
which sounds like a legal threat. If you have that sort of information contact CBS if you must but don't drag this board into this possibly legal battle. Thanks.

Also, this:

definetely crosses the line regarding personal insults. I'll leave it at that for the moment because so far, you've been a good poster here, but don't do it again, please.

Having worked with Showmasters, MCM Expo, Creation and numerous other convention organisers in my 10+ years in the business, I can confirm that Admiral Bear is a troll of the highest order. Even my knowledge of The Greatest Show In The Galaxy, even though I'm not involved myself, I know people who are and they are all legit. Sadly AB is a known entity to everyone - both organisers and fans alike.[..]
This is also crossing the line. Accusing other posters of trolling is considered trolling as well. The general rule in here is to attack the post, not the poster. So, please focus on that. Again, I won't issue a warning because you're new but don't do it again.

Sorry for not looking in here earlier, everyone. I hope this topic can be discussed without emotions getting the better of people from now on.
Old April 18 2012, 10:32 PM   #67
Methos

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

Miss Lemon wrote: View Post
sure... i'll be taking along high res camera so will get plenty of fun shots

M
Old April 19 2012, 02:02 PM   #68
Cakemonster
Ensign

Miss Lemon wrote: View Post
sure... i'll be taking along high res camera so will get plenty of fun shots

M
What sort of ticket were you thinking about getting? I'm unsure as to what to get yet. Think I will wait until autograph prices go up so I can judge how much me going there in it's entirety will cost
Old April 19 2012, 02:11 PM   #69
Methos

yeah i'm the same...

give it a few months to figure out what autographs and stuff are costing, and then work it out from there...

M
Old April 19 2012, 07:28 PM   #70
Admiral Bear
Captain

As a little illustration of how things "work" over at Shamasters, Hub Productions in Australia have announced that Barbara March has cancelled her appearance at Hub's Trek con this month due to ill health, and that she's retired from doing further appearances. Now, Barbara is/was due to appear at Kleptomania at the start of June with Gwyneth Walsh, and participate in a full Klingon costume photoshoot which Shamasters are charging I think £60 for.

You try posting any of the above information on the Shamasters forum and see how long it lasts before it gets deleted.
Old April 19 2012, 07:46 PM   #71
Cakemonster
Ensign

As a little illustration of how things "work" over at Shamasters, Hub Productions in Australia have announced that Barbara March has cancelled her appearance at Hub's Trek con this month due to ill health, and that she's retired from doing further appearances. Now, Barbara is/was due to appear at Kleptomania at the start of June with Gwyneth Walsh, and participate in a full Klingon costume photoshoot which Shamasters are charging I think £60 for.

You try posting any of the above information on the Shamasters forum and see how long it lasts before it gets deleted.
I thought Hub's Star Trek event was in October, not this month? can't find one for this month on their website.
Old April 19 2012, 07:52 PM   #72
The Trekster
Lieutenant Commander

The Janitor wrote: View Post
USS KG5 wrote: View Post
£900???!!!!

I'd expect a blow job from all five Captains for that kind of money.
They should do it for free. There's no need for money in the 23rd Century and beyond.
+1000 internetz to you, mr Janitor.
Old April 19 2012, 08:07 PM   #73
Cakemonster
Ensign

I have a question for Admiral Bear. I was just wondering why it is that you seem to have some sort of personal thing against Showmasters. Did you have a bad experience at a show or is it just that you don't like the way they're ran? It's just that I've been to 6 london shows over the past three years and I've had a really enjoyable experience. The crew were lovely, the fans were great to meet and the whole atmosphere of the event was fantastic

I am really looking forward to this event and negative posts like yours just seem to attract the wrong attention, I assume they could even make people reconsider going to an event.

Last edited by Cakemonster; April 19 2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old April 26 2012, 07:00 PM   #74
Cakemonster
Ensign

The VIP ticket information has now been posted onto the website
http://startreklondon.com/ticket-info
Old April 26 2012, 07:39 PM   #75
BruntFCA
Commander

Man I wish I lived in London.
Closed Thread