Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old April 16 2012, 04:16 PM   #16
gazomg
Commander

Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

here is a pic of the four captains prior to scott

http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/...00_1_13097.jpg
Old April 16 2012, 04:25 PM   #17
Admiral Bear
Captain

MrData wrote: View Post
How are you arriving at the £900 figure? What's to stop people from purchasing a regular entrance ticket for £30 and buying 5 tickets for the captain's autographs (probably £30-40 each) ?
£900 is the lowest priced entrance ticket that gives you confirmed access to the in person captain autographs. As yet there's no evidence that single autograph tickets will be available on the day. Of course Shamasters are intimating they will be, but then this company has said an awful lot of things over the years. If single auto tickets are available, you can only dream about getting Shatner and Stewart for £30-£40 each at a CBS officially sanctioned event. In 2003 at London Creation, Shatner was £65. Stewart is I think around $80 at Creation events in the US which are CBS licenced.
Old April 16 2012, 04:27 PM   #18
Admiral Bear
Captain

gazomg wrote: View Post
here is a pic of the four captains prior to scott

http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/...00_1_13097.jpg
Given that few people give a damn about Enterprise, the whole selling point of this event is already looking pretty disingenuous at best.
Old April 16 2012, 04:29 PM   #19
MacLeod
Admiral

The £900 could be the top ticket level.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old April 16 2012, 04:32 PM   #20
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Ha yeah, no way am I going to this.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
Old April 16 2012, 04:43 PM   #21
Admiral Bear
Captain

MacLeod wrote: View Post
The £900 could be the top ticket level.
It's not.
Old April 16 2012, 04:46 PM   #22
Admiral Bear
Captain

Just been nosing around on Creation's site and looking at their annual Las Vegas Trek con in August. They have Shatner, Brooks, Mulgrew and Bakula all on the same day. Probably won't be long before they get Stewart as well. He always loves the money.

$300 for a photoshoot with Shatner and Bakula. And Creation wonder why their attendences have been dwindling and dwindling in recent years. You couldn't make it up.
Old April 16 2012, 04:47 PM   #23
MacLeod
Admiral

^You just said it was the lowest that gave you confirmed access, i.e there could be a lower ticket that doesn't give you confirmed access. It might not be on sale now, they probable want to sell the top tickets first.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old April 16 2012, 04:49 PM   #24
gazomg
Commander

I would like to think that it will happen, but if true the money is ridiculous.
Then again autographs are only worth something to those that care about them.

What is the cheapest ticket ?
Old April 16 2012, 05:09 PM   #25
Admiral Bear
Captain

MacLeod wrote: View Post
^You just said it was the lowest that gave you confirmed access, i.e there could be a lower ticket that doesn't give you confirmed access. It might not be on sale now, they probable want to sell the top tickets first.
As I understand it, there isn't.

Cheapest day admittance is £29 I think. Gets you nothing by the look of it. Everything is extra once you're in there.

Individual auto tickets may well be in existence at some point, although the obvious question is why aren't they on sale now? If you go on the Shamasters forum, half the questions are being answered with "don't know", and if you say it's too expensive or mention Warp 10, your posts get deleted. Shamasters have had loads of new forum signups today because the forum link on the official Star Trek London site leads straight to them. With all the posts which are being deleted, Joiner's already making Media 10 and CBS look pretty piss poor.

This whole thing already looks like a disorganised piss up.
Old April 16 2012, 05:13 PM   #26
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

For £2,999.00 you can buy a VIP pass, no further info.

What on earth would be worth such an amount of money?

I'd expect an actual space flight. With Chris Pine.

Hercule Poirot
: I am an imbecile. I see only half of the picture.
Miss Lemon: I don't even see that.

Last edited by Miss Lemon; April 16 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old April 16 2012, 05:43 PM   #27
nacelle
Lieutenant Commander

Oh dear this is disappointing. It looks like the event is being run by showmasters. After encountering a very rude steward at kleptomania a couple of years back i swore i would never attend another one of there events again. That wasnt the first time either!
Also 29 quid to get in for the day and you have to pay extra god knows what for the talks!
I live about 3 hours away from excel if the north circular is clear and i think it would just cost too much in petrol to get there. Petrol prices being what they are and all, and its going to get worse.
I think i'll just stick with the vegas convention. This makes creation's day ticket look cheap! At least it includes the talks and the dealers room and the secondary theatres/activitys. And i get a nice break in vegas for a couple of weeks, which i do save up all year for.
If i win the lottery i might go. I might get the 3 grand vip package then.
What are the odds that all 5 captains will actually show up? At least one or two will probably get another commitment closer to the time.
I am seeing this as a kleptomania with just trek guests. Horrifically overpriced. Plus its extra to get into the parties as well.
Old April 16 2012, 06:11 PM   #28
MacLeod
Admiral

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
Just been nosing around on Creation's site and looking at their annual Las Vegas Trek con in August. They have Shatner, Brooks, Mulgrew and Bakula all on the same day. Probably won't be long before they get Stewart as well. He always loves the money.

$300 for a photoshoot with Shatner and Bakula. And Creation wonder why their attendences have been dwindling and dwindling in recent years. You couldn't make it up.
Sounding almost as if it would be cheaper to fly to the States and do the Nevada con. All you need is a group of you to go to lower the cost of accomadation per person.
Old April 16 2012, 06:46 PM   #29
Admiral Bear
Captain

nacelle wrote: View Post
Oh dear this is disappointing. It looks like the event is being run by showmasters. After encountering a very rude steward at kleptomania a couple of years back i swore i would never attend another one of there events again. That wasnt the first time either!
You probably came across the fat, sweaty, foul mouthed, lying idiot who ran it. Everyone at Shamasters is rotten and unpleasant to the core, I'm afraid. And that goes for many of the people who crew its events.
Old April 16 2012, 07:12 PM   #30
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma

Has anyone tried writing to CBS advising them about Showmasters and their history, and requesting assurance that this isn't a scam on Showmasters' part? I doubt CBS would want to be involved with it if SMs' history is really this patchy, it would really damage them!
Closed Thread