Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old April 11 2012, 12:06 AM   #76
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

it appears that Karen Traviss' Glasslands series is going to be the lead-up to 4 haven't read any of the forerunner books yet but it looks like a bunch of Dyson spheres have popped up in the galaxy, so, hostile forerunners?
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2012, 12:13 AM   #77
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

^^^I was thinking the same thing, hoping that the Top Secret UNSC mission was in fact that of the Port Stanley, reuniting the Chief with all the other remaining Spartans but with the introduction of the UNSC Infinity I think its more likely to be that super carrier ship.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2012, 02:51 AM   #78
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

OXM has a list of "11 Things You Need to Know About Halo 4." Unfortunately, it sounds like at least some Sangheili will be at odds with the Chief.

Master Chief awakens from cryosleep to find the human-Covenant ceasefire apparently broken, with the wrecked Forward Unto Dawn under siege by Elites, Jackals and Grunts. Struggle through to the vessel's hull, and you'll have the opportunity to gawp at an entire alien fleet.

343 says we can expect a new, more complex and intelligent enemy faction - founded, like the Covenant, on relations between unit types that players can exploit, but considerably more testing. You may even end up sticking it to the Forerunners themselves. After all, they've waged war on humanity before.

[Frank O'Connor, on Cortana:] "And what it really means to have your only friend be more human than you, but be an artificial intelligence. And what it means to your place in the universe to be put into a position where you have to deal with her Rampancy. You literally rescue her in Halo 3, but her jeopardy was geographical rather than existential."
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2012, 03:35 AM   #79
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
it appears that Karen Traviss' Glasslands series is going to be the lead-up to 4 haven't read any of the forerunner books yet but it looks like a bunch of Dyson spheres have popped up in the galaxy, so, hostile forerunners?
Traviss is writing Halo books now? Good. Her style meshes with that universe much better than it did with Star Wars.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2012, 03:42 AM   #80
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

She's writing at least a trilogy*. Glasslands has been out since October, though I haven't read it yet. The Thursday War will be released this October.

I still need to find time to read Greg Bear's Primordium, and to pick up the Evolutions anthologies.

(* I say "at least a trilogy" because it seems the announcement about Glasslands indicated she was signed for "a multi-book series" without indication as to how many books that would be. Some sites I've looked at cite her current books as a trilogy, while the Halopedia Wiki says that the current post-Covenant War book series has "multiple unannounced sequels.")
Old April 11 2012, 06:53 AM   #81
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Yeah, Traviss and Halo go together pretty well, as long as she can keep her personal tendencies out of it.
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2012, 06:44 PM   #82
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

A bunch of new screenshots have been posted online. http://ncloud.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04...reenshots.html

It looks to me like that's supposed to the cryo chamber the chief climbed into at the end of 3, except it looks nothing like the cryo chamber at the end of 3, and judging from those screen shots I assume he just wakes up in the new armor.

Grrr. That does not make me happy. Yes, I'm real pedantic about this issue, but I just hate it when people change stuff purely for the sake of changing it with no rhyme or reason. If it's "Oh, Cortana changed his armor while he was sleeping" thats equally stupid, because it was a destroyed ship, how on Earth (or deep space) would even a fully functional frigate have the resources to design and fabricate new super armor?
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 04:07 AM   #83
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Dac wrote: View Post
Grrr. That does not make me happy. Yes, I'm real pedantic about this issue, but I just hate it when people change stuff purely for the sake of changing it with no rhyme or reason. If it's "Oh, Cortana changed his armor while he was sleeping" thats equally stupid, because it was a destroyed ship, how on Earth (or deep space) would even a fully functional frigate have the resources to design and fabricate new super armor?
Even more importantly (to me): if Cortana's awake and designing and building armor, why the hell hasn't she gone fully rampant yet? Wouldn't that put her over the seven years (2549 activation, 2557 is when Halo 4 starts)?

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 04:10 AM   #84
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Cortana's rampancy is part of the plot.
Old April 15 2012, 12:46 PM   #85
Jax
Admiral

It looks to me like that's supposed to the cryo chamber the chief climbed into at the end of 3, except it looks nothing like the cryo chamber at the end of 3, and judging from those screen shots I assume he just wakes up in the new armor.

343 want to make there mark because lets face it, Halo 4 is part sequel part retooling. I don't see an issue because it still looks similar and not like its bright pink .
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 01:33 PM   #86
MacLeod
Admiral

The only question is will it make it's Q4 release date or will it slip to Q1 or Q2 2013?
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 01:40 PM   #87
Jax
Admiral

MacLeod wrote: View Post
The only question is will it make it's Q4 release date or will it slip to Q1 or Q2 2013?
I'd be very surprised if Halo 4 is not released this November but at the same time its needs to be very very good since its the first post Bungie sequel so more work is better than a bad release.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 09:59 PM   #88
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Cortana's rampancy is part of the plot.
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░
█████▀░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2012, 08:53 PM   #89
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

It's sounding like some Halo 4 news will be released on Conan O'Brien's show, based on this tweet from Microsoft's Larry Hryb.
Old April 17 2012, 06:48 PM   #90
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

Halo 4 will be released on November 6, 2012.

link

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote