TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 10 2012, 10:53 PM   #1801
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

They can put the hat on the little yippy dog and then they'll really be safe.
Old April 11 2012, 01:56 AM   #1802
Reverend
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
^They can start with Dale's hat. He's not using it anymore.
Funny you should say that, because in the comics someone else does end up wearing Dale's hat...
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2012, 06:38 PM   #1803
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Some tidbits about S3 and cast commentary about S2.

I loved the part about the actors quaking in fear at getting the dreaded call to report to the Makeup Guy.

The strategy of killing off Dale as a prelude to the too-obvious death of Shane was right on the money. But this statement might cause some dismay:

Carl is the anchor of the series, Callies said. Rick and Lori's continued struggle over how to raise their son in a post-apocalyptic world remains a source of contention for the on-screen couple.
This is certainly intriguing:

Kirkman is testing AMC to see if the cable network has a limit with how disgusting the zombie kills can be.
Maggie better hope she doesn't get pregnant, because even if the writers probably wouldn't kill off Lori via Zombie Fetus, they'd jump at the chance to scare the shit out of her by having another female character die that way.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2012, 08:23 PM   #1804
sojourner
Admiral

Problem with that idea is that Lori would be at least a month more advanced than Maggie.
Old April 15 2012, 09:43 AM   #1805
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Doesn't mean Maggie can't miscarry before Lori gives birth or does likewise.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 12:42 PM   #1806
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

I wonder if Maggie and Glenn will go full on rabbit style like in the comic book..

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 01:28 PM   #1807
the G-man
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post

Carl is the anchor of the series, Callies said. Rick and Lori's continued struggle over how to raise their son in a post-apocalyptic world remains a source of contention for the on-screen couple.
Again, if that is true, they're either going to need to recast the kid or the series is going to have time jump, meaning the show is going to diverge more and more from the books.
the G-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2012, 09:25 PM   #1808
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Carl could potentially be an interesting character if he were played by a different (preferably slightly older) actor. Personally, I'd find the show more interesting if Lori and Carl were both killed off. It would certainly spin off Rick in a much more volatile direction. Callies' interpretation of what the scripts hold is often different that what I see on screen, so who knows how the scripting really comes across? Let Glenn and Maggie procreate if they need babies.

If the writers are under the impression that there's rooting value in Rick and Lori "getting together" again and becoming a stable couple, they're egregiously mistaken. IMO, the Lori character is beyond redemption. If they wanted a full on sexual/romantic story, they'd be better off killing off Lori and paring Rick with Andrea when she comes back. Don't laugh--with some more character development on both sides, the pairing makes sense. I understand they're inching towards that in the comics. Some folks are saying, "No no, she was in love with Shane." Andrea was not in love with Shane. She was on a high from having killed those zombies on her and Shane's day trip and she felt like taking some pleasure and fucking an alpha male. He was the nearest available.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2012, 06:24 AM   #1809
Immolatus
Captain

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Some folks are saying, "No no, she was in love with Shane." Andrea was not in love with Shane. She was on a high from having killed those zombies on her and Shane's day trip and she felt like taking some pleasure and fucking an alpha male. He was the nearest available.
you mean people have sex and are not in love?
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2012, 06:52 AM   #1810
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

you mean people have sex and are not in love?
Yeah. They're called men. (mostly)

Seriously, some of the Shane mourners are thinking Andrea's going to be in the mood to off Rick for killing Shane. Actually, once Daryl's confirms that the tracks he saw indicated that Shane and Randall were together and that Randall hadn't escaped--and that basically Shane was a liar--Andrea is sensible enough to accept it. She's the female character I have hope for.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old April 16 2012, 04:28 PM   #1811
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Yea, I'm sure the initial shock is likely to make her upset/concerned about Rick, but, once she hears the wwhole story, I can't imagine her going on a vendetta rage.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2012, 04:41 PM   #1812
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I can imagine Andrea rolling her eyes at Lori and asking her what her damage is with being upset at Rick. He's your husband, isn't he? He treated you with respect even after you got pregnant with his best friend's child? The guy was planning to kill him, so what the hell is YOUR problem?

Old May 7 2012, 11:25 PM   #1813
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

production on season 3 started today!
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 11:31 PM   #1814
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

And I just got an email from Amazon about this.
Old May 15 2012, 04:58 AM   #1815
O'Dib
Commodore

So I've been catching up with the rest of season 2 after having gotten bored with it a little half-way through. I'm through episode 11 now, and I just gotta say, Lori is a terrible mother. How is Karl always running off doing shit without her knowing?