Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 193 69.93%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 58 21.01%
Meh. 18 6.52%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 7 2.54%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 9 2012, 03:45 PM   #616
JayOwl
Vice Admiral

View JayOwl's Twitter Profile
Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Welcome Eno, HadassahJoy, and dannycaruso184!
JayOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2012, 03:53 PM   #617
HadassahJoy
Cadet

Thank you and yeah my Dad grew up in the original series lol
HadassahJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2012, 10:18 PM   #618
Qutluch
Commander

I am new to Trek BBS. Actually, I am fairly new to TV and movies in general (despite the fact that I am nearly 30). I never grew up watching TV or movies and my pop culture knowledge is atrocious. My husband decided that he was going to acculturate me starting with Star Trek. I have watched DS9 and I am about 6 episodes away from finishing TNG. However, since it was my first introduction to Star Trek I feel like I missed a lot of the humor in DS9 and intend to re-watch it (and probably TNG) once I finish the other series. I am watching Voyager next and plan on posting a response to each episode.
Qutluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2012, 10:30 PM   #619
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Qutluch wrote: View Post
I am new to Trek BBS. Actually, I am fairly new to TV and movies in general (despite the fact that I am nearly 30). I never grew up watching TV or movies and my pop culture knowledge is atrocious. My husband decided that he was going to acculturate me starting with Star Trek. I have watched DS9 and I am about 6 episodes away from finishing TNG. However, since it was my first introduction to Star Trek I feel like I missed a lot of the humor in DS9 and intend to re-watch it (and probably TNG) once I finish the other series. I am watching Voyager next and plan on posting a response to each episode.
Welcome to TrekBBS, I hope your experiences here are all positive. Wow, new to TV and Movies? I am jealous. There are so many SciFi shows, I have enjoyed over the years, and having to wait until next week or next season for the next episode, and I can only re-watch them. You have so many gems, like the Star Trek Series waiting for you to watch unfold for the first time, without the wait between Seasons.

Welcome to the wonderful world of SciFi TV and Movies

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2012, 06:24 AM   #620
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

I've been around TrekBBS for a month or two, but I'm still fairly new to a lot of things here.

I grew up watching Voyager and the TNG movies, but I've also enjoyed episodes of TOS, DS9 and ENT along the way. In addition to that I've also seen all the TOS movies... Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country several times... Final Frontier only once.

I'm also really into the novels and own a substantial collection at the moment which will probably stick around for many years to come.

Aside from Trek, you'll find me commenting on many things Fringe related and perhaps Once Upon a Time as well.
Old May 7 2012, 09:29 PM   #621
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Just saying hello to the recent new members - welcome to trekbbs
Old May 10 2012, 10:32 PM   #622
User897
Cadet

I am a bit of an old timer and may have had an account here before, but no matter. I'm here now, and thanks for the warm welcome!
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 10:34 PM   #623
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

welcome aboard

M
Old May 10 2012, 10:34 PM   #624
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Welcome!
Old May 20 2012, 07:08 PM   #625
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello new members, welcome to the boards.
Old May 24 2012, 02:35 PM   #626
RakeWorm

Hello, new member here.

I grew up watching DS9 and Voyager, with a smattering of TNG when my dad wanted to show me what the "best" show was like. I'm currently going back through TNG and the original series to catch any episodes I missed.

Though I don't think a series can ever come close to what Voyager was for me. It holds a pretty special place in my childhood.

I'm also looking to get into the novels, though I'm not quite sure where to start.
Old May 28 2012, 05:00 AM   #627
Kenbushway
Captain

Hello again. I am not exactly new to Trekbbs; I am a returning member looking for a new start.
Kenbushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2012, 07:32 PM   #628
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Welcome back.
Old May 28 2012, 09:01 PM   #629
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Kenbushway wrote: View Post
Hello again. I am not exactly new to Trekbbs; I am a returning member looking for a new start.
If you wanted to stay anonymous you should have chosen a different username. If you old account is still active you should drop T'Bonz or any of the other admins a line (per mail since you can't PM yet) that you now have this account to avoid any trouble because of multiple accounts (which are against the rules). If you were banned before, you should also definetely mail her.

Anyway, welcome back.
Old May 28 2012, 09:03 PM   #630
Kenbushway
Captain

Count Zero wrote: View Post
Kenbushway wrote: View Post
If you wanted to stay anonymous you should have chosen a different username. If you old account is still active you should drop T'Bonz or any of the other admins a line (per mail since you can't PM yet) that you now have this account to avoid any trouble because of multiple accounts (which are against the rules). If you were banned before, you should also definetely mail her.

Anyway, welcome back.
My old account was closed(by request). I e-mailed Tbonz already. I mentioned I'd becoming back one day, but none of the administrators I e-mailed told me I couldn't.
Kenbushway is offline   Reply With Quote