Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy

Trek Retro Watches

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Closed Thread

Old April 6 2012, 06:21 PM   #2221
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

With just under a month to go and 3 weeks after AMC announced it they have sold out of the Avengers all day marathon. They are adding more cities&shows now.

AMC Theatres® announced today that advance tickets for "The Avengers", the culmination of its buzzed about six-film The Ultimate Marvel Marathon, have sold out at 10 AMC locations across the country - a full month ahead of the event and just three weeks after they went on sale.

Based on high demand, AMC is adding additional marathon shows at participating theatres.
Sure, these are diehards but it's a good sign for sure.
Old April 6 2012, 06:54 PM   #2222
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Xavier_Storma wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
I cannot believe how incredibly cheap this film looks...

I really enjoyed IRON MAN I and II and even HULK, did not like THOR and CA. But all of those had incredible production values. Great costumes, awesome setdesign and superb SFX (except for the finale of THOR and the whole CA film... those were terrible).

In AVENGERS the costumes look like in the earlier StarGate Seasons: Cheap, like from a costume shop. Just look at the Cap's costume and compare it to his stand-alone film... What the...
The sets look so fake. They look like sets for a low budget TV show.
And what happened with the SFX? Iron Man looks completely fake and CGI. His movement is over the top.
Not liking the costume or set design is one thing. But they hardly look cheap or low-budget.
I am starting to worry.
i think you're the only one.
Old April 6 2012, 07:19 PM   #2223
AvBaur
Captain

View AvBaur's Twitter Profile

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: View Post
I am starting to worry.
i think you're the only one.
Yeah. I mean, I can see some of the complaints. The lighting does look a bit flat and tv-ish and I don't think the Black Widow fight scene looked entirely convincing, either, but as long as there's a good story, well-written dialogue, good acting, and some fun action setpieces, I'm not going to nitpick any of those details. And I don't see any reason to doubt that Whedon will deliver on all of those points, so far.
Old April 6 2012, 08:30 PM   #2224
Eduardo
Commander

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I'm guessing with less than a month to go before the film's release, that we're not getting a novelization. I guess there is still time to announce something, but it seems very unlikely. Disappointing, if this turns out to be the case.
From what I remember, neither Thor or Captain America got one, only junior novels.
Old April 6 2012, 10:06 PM   #2225
JD
Admiral

I just got on Blastr and they have a story about a possibly spoilery Heroclix figure.
. They admit it could be a case of them releasing a figure based on something not in the movie, but they don't know for sure.
Old April 6 2012, 11:05 PM   #2226
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

A 30 sec TV spot that highlights that awesome Stark/Loki chat from the longer trailer.

"We have a Hulk"

Old April 8 2012, 03:39 AM   #2227
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

"I'm starting to worry" posts about movies and TV shows always make me laugh.

I "start to worry" if I get mail from the IRS in June or a doctor frowns at my lab report. I don't "worry" about entertainment - it's either fun when it gets here or it's not.
Old April 8 2012, 02:51 PM   #2228
Beagleman
Captain

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
"I'm starting to worry" posts about movies and TV shows always make me laugh.

I "start to worry" if I get mail from the IRS in June or a doctor frowns at my lab report. I don't "worry" about entertainment - it's either fun when it gets here or it's not.
This! A thousand times this.
Old April 8 2012, 03:56 PM   #2229
stj
Rear Admiral

"I'm starting to worry posts" always make me laugh at people who have so little in their lives that they invest emotions in popular entertainment, even to the point of enjoying the anticipation (and not enjoying cold water splashed on the anticipation.)
We understand the attitude very well, no need to waste your time re-articulating it.

"I'm starting to worry posts" always make me laugh at people who have such inferior literary skills they use hyperbole about popular entertainment.
It's rude to teach English composition anywhere but English class.

"I'm starting to worry posts" always make me laugh at people who are spending sleepless nights and breaking into cold sweats and snapping at people from tension.
Look up "hyperbole" in a good dictionary. But if someone were actually suffering mentally, why would that be funny? What kind of person would actually laugh about this?

"I'm starting to worry posts" don't actually make me laugh but it's fun to tell someone on the internet I'm laughing at them, because it's mean but not warnable by bbs rules."
Enough said.

PS Stating the obvious, quoting the subtexts.

Last edited by stj; April 8 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old April 8 2012, 06:41 PM   #2230
Aldo
Admiral

Why are you getting so defensive? He's right, worrying over something as trivial as entertainment is silly.
Old April 8 2012, 06:42 PM   #2231
davejames
Vice Admiral

I don't get the lighting complaints. It looks pretty much like the exact same cinematography and lighting style as in the other Marvel movies so far-- which I'm sure was the intention.

And it's not like Captain America or the others didn't have plenty of those flat, greenscreen-pretending-to-be-outdoors shots either.
Old April 8 2012, 07:52 PM   #2232
stj
Rear Admiral

stj wrote: View Post
"I'm starting to worry posts" always make me laugh at people who are spending sleepless nights and breaking into cold sweats and snapping at people from tension.
Look up "hyperbole" in a good dictionary. But if someone were actually suffering mentally, why would that be funny? What kind of person would actually laugh about this?
Aldo wrote: View Post
Why are you getting so defensive? He's right, worrying over something as trivial as entertainment is silly.
Why? Because there's something obnoxious about someone taking the trouble to be so sly about being gratuitiously offensive. If there really was somebody genuinely worrying, surely they're already punished. It's not like this was friendly advice.

But this makes me think: Why are you offended by something as trivial as an internet post?
Old April 9 2012, 01:08 AM   #2233
Aldo
Admiral

But this makes me think: Why are you offended by something as trivial as an internet post?
Don't believe I ever said I was.
Old April 9 2012, 02:16 AM   #2234
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

"I'm starting to worry posts" always make me laugh at people who have so little in their lives that they invest emotions in popular entertainment, even to the point of enjoying the anticipation (and not enjoying cold water splashed on the anticipation.)
We understand the attitude very well, no need to waste your time re-articulating it.

"I'm starting to worry posts" always make me laugh at people who have such inferior literary skills they use hyperbole about popular entertainment.
It's rude to teach English composition anywhere but English class.

"I'm starting to worry posts" don't actually make me laugh but it's fun to tell someone on the internet I'm laughing at them, because it's mean but not warnable by bbs rules."
Enough said.

PS Stating the obvious, quoting the subtexts.
Go back to Russia!
Old April 9 2012, 03:08 PM   #2235
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

There's at least one shot of the adversaries in one of the latest trailers; not very Skrull-like.
Closed Thread