Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 6 2012, 01:58 AM   #1351
Disruptor
Commodore

Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

It's part of the spider bite effect; he instinctively knows how make webbing out of common ingredients.

Also, a wizard did it. Maybe The Wizard, who can appear in the sequel played by let's say...Gerard Butler.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2012, 02:19 AM   #1352
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

How about Ted McGinley?
Old April 6 2012, 11:23 AM   #1353
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Beyonce is awesome.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2012, 11:30 AM   #1354
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Pffff, no camel toe!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2012, 12:56 PM   #1355
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Mutenroshi wrote: View Post
Pffff, no camel toe!
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2012, 08:33 PM   #1356
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Saw the trailers. Lizard looks good. Don't like the new Spider Man at all. He's too mousy as Spidey.

Overall, they should have left it with Rami.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2012, 12:31 AM   #1357
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Sony and Rami parted ways over creative differences. What do people not understand about this? "Leaving it with Rami" was never an option.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2012, 01:15 AM   #1358
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Honestly, in hindsight, I don't think Rami's films are anything to have praise over (especially the third one.)

They were good for it's time and certainly helped to "re-define" and "mainstream" comic book-hero movies but since then we've had quite a few comic book movies that have really set the bar high and in comparison the Rami movies just look... lame.

Hopefully the new movie will bring the right "tone" and "edge" to the Spider-man franchise so it's a little more in step with what present-day comic book-hero movies are doing.
Old April 7 2012, 01:19 AM   #1359
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Sony and Rami parted ways over creative differences. What do people not understand about this? "Leaving it with Rami" was never an option.
No one forced Sony to "part ways" with Rami. They could have (and should have) listened to him.
Old April 7 2012, 01:23 AM   #1360
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Honestly, in hindsight, I don't think Rami's films are anything to have praise over (especially the third one.)
One was just about perfect (Kirsten Durnst notwithstanding). Two was very good. Three was a bit crowded, but still more than acceptable.
They were good for it's time and certainly helped to "re-define" and "mainstream" comic book-hero movies but since then we've had quite a few comic book movies that have really set the bar high and in comparison the Rami movies just look... lame.
Not to me...now you want to talk about superhero films that look lame next to the current crop, look at the Singer X-Men films...

Hopefully the new movie will bring the right "tone" and "edge" to the Spider-man franchise so it's a little more in step with what present-day comic book-hero movies are doing.
Based on the trailer I saw, I'm not holding my breath.
Old April 7 2012, 01:50 AM   #1361
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Of course Sony could listen to him, but Rami got really tired of their interference (and probably of listening to Arad all the time) and decided to leave. This stuff happens all the time, look at what happened between Favearu and Marvel Studios, practically the same thing.

I'm a fan of the original trilogy, especially the first two films, but even they have their flaws and are not perfect movies. People have pointed out their issues with them all through this thread and in the original Spider-Man 4 thread we had as well. I've read what was reported to be a treatment for 4 and it was horrible. I was already pretty hesitant about that film despite the casting it had. Sony decided to reboot because again, they have to keep on putting out films in order to retain the rights, they are very aware that Disney/Marvel is chomping at the bit to reacquire their flag ship character. They also know the fan demand is there as well to see what Marvel Studios could do with Spider-Man. I was at first totally against the notion of a reboot so soon, but eventually have changed my mind. Maybe I won't like the film after I see it, or maybe I will love it. I don't know. To this point though I've been impressed with what I have seen and heard and read from everyone involved. I'm at least willing to give it a chance.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2012, 02:53 AM   #1362
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

^Fair points all, Admiral...all I'm saying is that, with only the trailer to go on, I'm not sold on this film. This Peter Parker just doesn't work for me in the scenes included, in or out of costume. I prefer Toby's Spidey, or maybe Josh Keaton's (Spectacular Spider-Man animated series).
Old April 7 2012, 03:15 AM   #1363
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
No one forced Sony to "part ways" with Rami. They could have (and should have) listened to him.
This.
Sony was the one using the bully stick.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2012, 03:19 AM   #1364
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Three was just terrible. There's pretty much nothing redeemable about it. The biggest issues are the "emo Spidey" scenes, Venom was very, very, poorly done. The Saturday Night Fever Strut, the "musical" scene in the diner, fuck pretty much anytime the symbiont suit is making Peter act like a smug jackass instead of tormenting the very core of his soul.

And don't even get me started on the whole "We need to set-up the last act/action piece but we've no time to do it so we'll just have the "Exposition News Channel" do it. Oh and the butler just decides after years of knowing it to fill Harry in on how his father died. Which, of course, causes Harry to instantly change all of his feelings and motives, things that have driven him for years.

Ugh, that movie is just so terrible on so many levels. It makes not a single damn lick of sense. Not one iota of it.
Old April 7 2012, 03:22 AM   #1365
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Three was just terrible. There's pretty much nothing redeemable about it. The biggest issues are the "emo Spidey" scenes, Venom was very, very, poorly done. The Saturday Night Fever Strut, the "musical" scene in the diner, fuck pretty much anytime the symbiont suit is making Peter act like a smug jackass instead of tormenting the very core of his soul.
You realize all this was Sony's fault. They and Arad forced Venom on Raimi. He had to make due with what he had. If it looks forced, uncertain and terrible it's cause his heart really wasn't into the character(imo).

The same Sony who didn't want Raimi to use Lizard, now allows Webb to do so.
The Sony who wanted to force Raimi to turn the Vulture into the Vultress for the sole rationale of having a female lead. Seeing a pattern here for where the bad ideas are coming from?
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote