RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,229
Posts: 5,438,248
Members: 24,957
Currently online: 595
Newest member: zanejc

TrekToday headlines

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 1 2012, 09:12 PM   #1756
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDementia13's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

It didn't moov out of the way.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDementia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 04:32 PM   #1757
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

sojourner wrote: View Post
Just watched John Bernthal playing the stereotypical "intelligent reporter protecting his sources" type of character on an episode of L&O: SVU. Weird to hear him talk patiently with a slight (and well done) New York accent.
Did he have hair?

Silent_Bob wrote: View Post
Caligula wrote: View Post
And in that event, we'd be without hamburgers, steaks, etc. I don't know how I could live in a world without beef.
Presumably society would adapt to whatever meat supply was abundant then use that for its culinary needs. How do you like your rat steaks cooked? Well done or still squeaking?
There's another meat supply. Even more readily available. It travels in herds, too.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 06:47 PM   #1758
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Yeah, he had a lot of hair.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 09:43 PM   #1759
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Libraries aren't the only source of books. Plenty of colleges out there.

I'm sure there'd still be plenty of cattle in the Midwest and the prairies. And if all else fails, buffalo are pretty good eating.
Which reminds me. Someone care to explain to me how a zombie that took the better part of an afternoon to pull its feet out of the mud managed to take down an adult cow?
Believe it or not in some rural parts of the South "cow tipping," is still a fun prank that teenagers like to take part in on farmers.

It's where a sleeping cow standing upright gets turned over.

If a teenager can tip over a sleeping cow I'd imagine that a crazed zombie would have no problems quickly devouring it.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 10:35 PM   #1760
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm fond of the related prank, "tractor tipping."
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 10:53 PM   #1761
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

DarthTom wrote: View Post
If a teenager can tip over a sleeping cow I'd imagine that a crazed zombie would have no problems quickly devouring it.
Do zombies eat beef? I'm not being facetious, I'm not sure what the TWD rules are for that.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 11:10 PM   #1762
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post
If a teenager can tip over a sleeping cow I'd imagine that a crazed zombie would have no problems quickly devouring it.
Do zombies eat beef? I'm not being facetious, I'm not sure what the TWD rules are for that.
They ate the horse in the pilot so I would assume most meaty animals are on the menu.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2012, 11:55 PM   #1763
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Yeah, if the zombie virus ever jumps species everyone in TWD is fucked.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 01:02 AM   #1764
Cutter John
Rear Admiral
 
Cutter John's Avatar
 
Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Oh good job. I forgot about the cow-tipping thing. Probably wouldn't work in the daytime. And I'm sure a bull would have made short work of a typical zombie.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Do zombies eat beef? I'm not being facetious, I'm not sure what the TWD rules are for that.
I guess they're attracted to any living creature. Its just not something that gets touched on often in zombie literature. Hell, all the way back in Night of the Living Dead there was a shot of a zombie snatching a bug off a tree and snarfing it down.


sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, if the zombie virus ever jumps species everyone in TWD is fucked.
I always wondered that. Would a zombie herbivore be attracted to meat? Or would it be more like *Uhhhh....Graaaaaaains....*
__________________
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 09:28 AM   #1765
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDementia13's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

It would be even worse if insects got it. Zombie bees, zombie ants, zombie butterflies....
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDementia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 03:43 PM   #1766
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain
 
Silent_Bob's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Oh good job. I forgot about the cow-tipping thing. Probably wouldn't work in the daytime. And I'm sure a bull would have made short work of a typical zombie.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Do zombies eat beef? I'm not being facetious, I'm not sure what the TWD rules are for that.
I guess they're attracted to any living creature. Its just not something that gets touched on often in zombie literature. Hell, all the way back in Night of the Living Dead there was a shot of a zombie snatching a bug off a tree and snarfing it down.


sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, if the zombie virus ever jumps species everyone in TWD is fucked.
I always wondered that. Would a zombie herbivore be attracted to meat? Or would it be more like *Uhhhh....Graaaaaaains....*
Theres a comic out there that has exactly that premise, animals get zombiefied, humans don't. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called though.
__________________
"Does the cold of deep space make your nipples go pointy Bowie? Do you use your pointy nipples as telescopic antennae to transmit data back to Earth? I bet you do, you freaky old bastard you"
Silent_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 04:24 PM   #1767
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

The Walking Zoo?
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 05:20 PM   #1768
Derishton
Vice Admiral
 
Derishton's Avatar
 
Location: Nova Scotia (Derishton)
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

David Wellington's "Monster Planet" trilogy has zombieism cross species lines (although I think it's not actually a virus in those books).
__________________
I want to be sedated.
Derishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2012, 11:14 AM   #1769
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Silent_Bob wrote: View Post
Cutter John wrote: View Post
Oh good job. I forgot about the cow-tipping thing. Probably wouldn't work in the daytime. And I'm sure a bull would have made short work of a typical zombie.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Do zombies eat beef? I'm not being facetious, I'm not sure what the TWD rules are for that.
I guess they're attracted to any living creature. Its just not something that gets touched on often in zombie literature. Hell, all the way back in Night of the Living Dead there was a shot of a zombie snatching a bug off a tree and snarfing it down.


sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, if the zombie virus ever jumps species everyone in TWD is fucked.
I always wondered that. Would a zombie herbivore be attracted to meat? Or would it be more like *Uhhhh....Graaaaaaains....*
Theres a comic out there that has exactly that premise, animals get zombiefied, humans don't. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called though.
Garth Ennis' Hitman?
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2012, 02:38 PM   #1770
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post
If a teenager can tip over a sleeping cow I'd imagine that a crazed zombie would have no problems quickly devouring it.
Do zombies eat beef? I'm not being facetious, I'm not sure what the TWD rules are for that.
They eat beef just not "pink slime."
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
frank darabont, horror, robert kirkman, the walking dead, twd, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.