Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old March 27 2012, 03:31 AM   #736
ManOnTheWave
Rear Admiral

Re: I think my girlfriend is a Christian! Advice needed.

Saved.
Old March 27 2012, 05:27 AM   #737
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

If this season doesn't include at least one stone cold stunner, I will be sorely disappointed. Preferably, have it be on an innocent civilian who doesn't know it's coming.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2012, 06:42 AM   #738
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
MadBaggins' stories need lens flare.

There. I said it. But we've all been thinking it. If he cares one whit about his audience he'll listen to us.
Old March 27 2012, 07:07 AM   #739
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

Needs more flare; I can still read some of the text. A good start, though!
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2012, 03:29 PM   #740
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

"You know, Ed-Legs wrote a stupid story that took only twelve minutes. It entertained eight hundred people. Including Mad Dave. And You.

I dare you to do better."

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2012, 12:33 AM   #741
MadBaggins
Captain

Things have continued to go up and down with her over the last week. One low point came when I was helping her sort things are her church again. It was the first time I'd done so since we'd got together, I think. I thought she was through with all that as she'd agreed to make the huge commitment of going to a dangerous country on May the 4th, but apparently the church didn't think that was enough and wanted more out of her! Well I didn't mind helping out the poor people, of course, it's just the attitude of that smug church that gets to me. After we were finished one of the women there said "see you on Sunday!" to my girlfriend and she just happily nodded. After all the progress I've made convincing her that atheism is the way. She's so far along the "there probably isn't a god" point that she's almost at the correct "there definitely isn't a god" point...but now she's going to have to show up at that church on Sunday or they'll be questioning her and making her feel bad. It's like brainwashing.

Another bad incident came when I went to her house to see her but her two friends were there. As soon as I saw them I could feel the hate rising off them like steam. Even the one who doesn't hate me seems to hate me now, which is sad. The one who does hate me must have told her lies. I don't get why they don't want their friend to be happy. The absolute worst part was when my girlfriend left the room and I was standing there in front of those two harpies. I don't know why I didn't sit down. They were looking up at me with hateful eyes and the one who doesn't hate me (but does) said "I hope you're treating Girlfriend's Name right!" (I'm not saying her name.) Why would they even have to ask!? I said "always!" and checked my phone, just to break the eye contact with them before they turned me to stone! I could hear them sniggering at me as I did. Even worse was that I had a text message from Ed-Legs saying he wasn't coming to the WrestleMania party.

But things got better just last night. The best they've ever been. You know I was talking about the "journey" we've been on? I don't just mean the spiritual journey I'm guiding her alonge. I mean the emotional and physical journey between us as human beings. Well, we reached a destination along one very special part of that journey. It was not the way I'd been expecting to reach the destination, but it was nevertheless very pleasing for me (and she assured me it was for her as well.) Perhaps even more pleasing than the conventional method. It just goes to show that you shouldn't try to force things. Be patient, be cool, and you'll get what you've wanted since the start in the end. It made me even more determined than ever to not let her go. In fact I'm actually less worried now. After this new level of closeness we've reached, how can she possibly still want to go?
Old April 1 2012, 12:54 AM   #742
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Just so we're clear.... by "journey", we're still talking about sex, right?

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2012, 01:19 AM   #743
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

"The conventional method."

You know...I just don't want to know. Nope.

Old April 1 2012, 03:32 AM   #744
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

Maybe she's saving "the conventional method" for someone who isn't such an obvious tool.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2012, 04:05 AM   #745
Aldo
Admiral

This last entry was pretty ho-hum. I was hoping for some more intrigue. Maybe if he slapped her friends a bit that might have spiced things up.

Or even better, maybe he could have slept with them as some way to get back at his Girlfriend for not leaving the church.
Old April 1 2012, 07:49 AM   #746
Sean Aaron
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sean Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Aaron

Well I've just read things I wish I could unread.
Sean Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2012, 09:10 AM   #747
Gov Kodos
Admiral

We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2012, 11:12 AM   #748
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

MadBaggins wrote: View Post
But things got better just last night. The best they've ever been. You know I was talking about the "journey" we've been on? I don't just mean the spiritual journey I'm guiding her alonge. I mean the emotional and physical journey between us as human beings. Well, we reached a destination along one very special part of that journey. It was not the way I'd been expecting to reach the destination, but it was nevertheless very pleasing for me (and she assured me it was for her as well.) Perhaps even more pleasing than the conventional method. It just goes to show that you shouldn't try to force things. Be patient, be cool, and you'll get what you've wanted since the start in the end.
Let me guess: she fucked you in the ass with a dildo, right.

You know, given your sexual history I don't think saying "journey" is adding any romance or magic to this story, it actually makes you sound like more of a creep.
Old April 1 2012, 01:23 PM   #749
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

MadBaggins wrote:
Even worse was that I had a text message from Ed-Legs saying he wasn't coming to the WrestleMania party.
Ladies and gentlemen...nineteen words that should never, ever be spoken in the English language.

MadBaggins wrote:
After this new level of closeness we've reached, how can she possibly still want to go?
I dunno...she could have a moment of clarity? Who bloody knows. Women are funny creatures.

Old April 1 2012, 02:06 PM   #750
Australis
Writer

Another bad incident came when I went to her house to see her but her two friends were there. As soon as I saw them I could feel the hate rising off them like steam. Even the one who doesn't hate me seems to hate me now, which is sad.
And yet, sadly, inevitable.

Squigs: Love the signal. You win the interwebs all over again, gave me the best laugh I've had in weeks.

(no, there hasn't been many laughs lately)
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote