Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old March 26 2012, 03:55 PM   #1726
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

I donated $50, and I've absolutely no axe to grind. Which is also why I don't get the attitude from people who *didn't* donate.
Old March 26 2012, 04:20 PM   #1727
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

I'll be happy to see it when it comes out and be grateful for the effort for all involved.

I do appreciate that Maurice has taken it on himself to not only finish the project, but to let us know where it stands. I am sorry that he's had to take abuse from overzealous fans because of it. This is a big project and it's a lot of work, but I guess some people just want it now, now, now, now!
Old March 28 2012, 01:48 AM   #1728
dru
Fleet Captain

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
This is a big project and it's a lot of work, but I guess some people just want it now, now, now, now!
That argument makes no sense when it's been 5, 6, 7 years since the release of Act 3. Act 4 is in "Duke Nukem Forever" territory.
Old March 28 2012, 01:55 AM   #1729
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Being that this project is also coming to you for free, I'd say that doesn't really matter much.

We live in a world obsessed with instant-gratification. And while yes, it's unfortunate that it's taken several years for this project to be completed, the fact of the matter is none of us really are owed anything. None of us have the right to be so entitled and haughty about the delay, and none of us should be reacting so negatively to this.

It'll be released when it's ready. That's really all there is to say about it. The fact that Maurice and Dennis have given up on posting updates due to the excessively negative reaction they get when they do bother to offer any official information (as seen in this very thread) is shameful. Some people need to just grow the fuck up.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2012, 02:58 AM   #1730
scienceguy
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just wondering ... is the Starship Exeter: Behind the Scenes DVD still available? I'd love to see it, but I assume it's no longer available.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2012, 03:38 PM   #1731
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

dru wrote: View Post
This is a big project and it's a lot of work, but I guess some people just want it now, now, now, now!
That argument makes no sense when it's been 5, 6, 7 years since the release of Act 3. Act 4 is in "Duke Nukem Forever" territory.
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Being that this project is also coming to you for free, I'd say that doesn't really matter much.

We live in a world obsessed with instant-gratification. And while yes, it's unfortunate that it's taken several years for this project to be completed, the fact of the matter is none of us really are owed anything. None of us have the right to be so entitled and haughty about the delay, and none of us should be reacting so negatively to this.

It'll be released when it's ready. That's really all there is to say about it. The fact that Maurice and Dennis have given up on posting updates due to the excessively negative reaction they get when they do bother to offer any official information (as seen in this very thread) is shameful. Some people need to just grow the fuck up.
This post shows exactly why they've quit posting updates.
Old March 28 2012, 11:50 PM   #1732
PvtKtara
Fleet Captain

Well, if the editing is starting over from scratch, then we now have a whole new episode to look forward to, don't we?
Old March 29 2012, 01:04 AM   #1733
xortex
Commodore

Captain Garrovick decided to join the Tressaurians and gave them the space making device in return for help in defeating the Tholians. For that they gave him the keys to Tressauria and made an honory mayor of his own town. Am I close?
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2012, 05:32 AM   #1734
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder

xortex wrote: View Post
Captain Garrovick decided to join the Tressaurians and gave them the space making device in return for help in defeating the Tholians. For that they gave him the keys to Tressauria and made an honory mayor of his own town. Am I close?
Don't forget the parade...I love a parade!!

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2012, 08:00 AM   #1735
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

That doesn't follow...he's DEFENDING Maurice and Dennis.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2012, 08:05 AM   #1736
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Is it Act IV that is in re-edit or the entire episode?
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2012, 08:09 AM   #1737
USS Intrepid
Commodore

As I understand it, just Act IV.
Old March 29 2012, 08:25 AM   #1738
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

lennier1 wrote: View Post
How many of us even remember what happened in the existing parts?
I haven't even seen the existing parts after the teaser. I saw the teaser and promised myself -- excitedly rocking back and forth in my chair, "I'll wait a few weeks until the rest is released, then watch the whole episode in one sitting!"

Sometimes I really hate keeping my promises.
Old March 29 2012, 10:14 AM   #1739
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post

That doesn't follow...he's DEFENDING Maurice and Dennis.
yes, he is, but it's the post he's responding to that was snarky. my bad.
Old March 29 2012, 10:09 PM   #1740
Maurice
Vice Admiral

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
As I understand it, just Act IV.
It's Act 4, yes. As has been discussed in the past, the real problem act was Act 3, and in fixing it the opening pages of Act 4 became the end of Act 3. This caused some problems that I won't get into, but in short the truncated Act 4 didn't play well. So I junked the previous edit, went back to the script, reviewed all the unused footage to see what we had to work with, and started rebuilding.

A few people have seen the first 5 minutes of the act and the consensus seems to be it's a big improvement over the earlier cuts, so hopefully it's finally on the right track.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote